Skip to main content

"vote to save " + airtime = power to producers

Poxy

So in the past we have 'vote to evict'.

Now we have 'vote to save'. And with any publicity being good publicity, anybody who appears on the daily show will be in people's minds.

Sam have had very little airtime this week so he is probably going. Michael has the most airtime so he is probably staying.

This has fundamentally changed how BB is played & the producers are doing a good job at directing attention to who to vote for.

Not playing here. The only time I will vote.... if indeed then.....will be if stacey is put up. Maybe even Ben...who knows.
Depends on my mood at the time.
I do know it will not be a vote to save :)

I do realise this has been stated before but I would like to point out that when the producers are assembling the show they would likely be looking for the most entertaining footage available. You could argue that if they haven't been showing much of one particular housemate it's hard to tell if they're capable of producing interesting footage, but Sam just doesn't seem to be all that interesting. He cleans a lot, does weights, kisses Layla and that's about it.

Obviously I'm a bit biased here because I genuinely enjoy watching the people they give more airtime to so i don't have a problem with not seeing much of Sam, but at the same time they do seem to have been affording some opportunities to people like Michael and Josh lately that haven't been present for other HM's. Argh, I'm on the fence.

Ben gets airtime because he has on opinion on everything, and tells everyone whether they want to know or not lol.

The thing that makes it more suspicious for me is Confidential.

It's played on a Thursday and can be tailored specially for the purposes of manipulation.

Watching this week, they showed footage that had George for fucks sake. Like wasn't he gone 2 weeks ago?

But in an effort to show Michael in this promotional theme they dragged out almost 3 week old shit just to achieve the edit they wanted.

They just want ratings. As long as it gets viewers they will put any old crap on.

People with air time are most likely to illicit feelings from viewers. Whether positive or negative air time. It encourages people to vote. Whether it is vote to evict or vote to save.

Lots of Air time with vote to evict means while many people may like them. Many people may be encouraged to vote to evict and they go.

When it's vote to save. Many people may like them and vote to save. Many may not like them and do nothing.

In a way it can be good for getting rid of under the radar house mates. However it simple means in either system, air time equals whether they stay or go.

The thing that makes it more suspicious for me is Confidential.

It's played on a Thursday and can be tailored specially for the purposes of manipulation.

Watching this week, they showed footage that had George for fucks sake. Like wasn't he gone 2 weeks ago?

But in an effort to show Michael in this promotional theme they dragged out almost 3 week old shit just to achieve the edit they wanted.

The footage of George was there as that was about the making of the Gangnum promos. So many wanted to know the story behind that.

Also it's nothing new to have footage two or so weeks old. I remember at times uncut/adults only would show things even more than 2 weeks old.

That's the downside to vote to save, it gives the producers a lot more power to get rid of someone. Whereas before they would have to find negative footage and put effort into editing them to look bad, now all they have to do is deprive them of airtime.

But votes to Save are a good anti-pot plant device aren't they. Who's going to vote to save Josh or Zoe, and do they deserve to be saved anyway?

If HMs just want to laze on the banana lounge and bitch, they'll lose out to the Bens and Michaels who make an effort to keep it interesting.

good anti-pot plant device

But votes to Save are a good anti-pot plant device aren't they. Who's going to vote to save Josh or Zoe, and do they deserve to be saved anyway?

If HMs just want to laze on the banana lounge and bitch, they'll lose out to the Bens and Michaels who make an effort to keep it interesting.

Good point, changing the voting sytem does change the game, and seems to have worked well so far.

fejka-artificial-potted-plant__0117246_PE272209_S4.JPG

As I said in week one. The winner of BB will be whoever the
Producers want it to be

As I said in week one. The winner of BB will be whoever the
Producers want it to be

Yes, it's good for getting rid of potplants, but they should be aiming to give equal airtime to all the nominees in any given week. It might be hard with a really boring housemate, but they shouldn't be completely cutting one nominee out of the highlights while devoting whole shows to another.

Back