Skip to main content

Victorian Election: How Will You Vote?

Who are you planning on voting for this election? (anonymous)

• Labor

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Liberal/National Coalition

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • The Greens

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Hooden

Just Being Miley
Awesome site donor
For my fellow Victorians, who are you planning on voting for and, more importantly, what are the key issues that you're taking to the election?

You don't have to post your preferred party if you don't want to - but I thought it'd be cool to get an idea of where most of you sit on the political scheme of things.

Also, do you tend to vote based on the individual policies at the time of the election? Or do you have a preferred party that you will always vote for.

I personally find it difficult to trust either of the major parties - and on top of that, the Liberal party has few policies that I identify with. I love some of their proposed Public Transport policies, but I have a difficult time believing that they will follow through with any of these. I do have a bit more faith in Labor - in that they will tear up the East-West link contract and begin work on the Melbourne Metro tunnel. But again, still a lack of trust for party.

But I will be voting for the greens. I'm fairly certain that the Labor candidate for my electorate will be reelected, but I'd like to at least send a message. I'm also fairly certain I can make a bit of an impact with the Lower House.

Key issues for me at the state level are Public Transport and Infrastructure, University and Tafe funding, and funding for Hospitals.

Donkey vote, most likely. I don't really have faith in either party, and I don't trust any of the minor parties because they seem very dysfunctional.

It's been such a bland campaign, though, hasn't it? Of course, I was in France for most of it (AHEM!), but jeez louise, there's not much excitement is there? Which blandy Andy will I choose?

I voted for The Greens, as per usual. They're the only party that consistently make policy that I like and identify with. The Liberals are wholly untrustworthy at this point (both at federal and state level) and there is no way in hell I would support something as dodgy as the East West link, even if I did agree with the rest of their policies. I trust Labor a lot more (probably slightly more than I should) and the Melbourne Metro Tunnel makes me very excited. Key issues for me are definitely health and education and public transport.

Reactions: Jam
I live in Richmond and it will be interesting to see if the Greens can topple Labor. My issues are education as that's my parental background and health as it's my current employer in the public sector. Public transport will always be of interest to me even though I don't use it much these days and am lucky to have many options in that regard anyway for where I want to go without the car.

I usually hand out Green how to vote cards at elections, but I just didn't feel it this election. Still voted Green, though. All the major parties lost me when they jumped on the 'protect our borders', 'let's all be ignorant racists' bandwagon. (I know they're federal issues, but state is still tainted with that brush.)

Well done Greens in Prahran!! Media reports they have won it. Good for them.

Reactions: Jam
Back