Skip to main content

Utopia

up_all_night

Awesome site donor
I saw it mentioned on Reality Check this week.

Has anyone 'flown over to the states' and checked it out?

A giant BB type show that lasts a year, but set on a 5 acre peace of land where people create their own society. I flew over and watched the first episode. It was pretty entertaining in that American style of these kind of shows.

Pretty insane so far. Right to conflict and attempted sexual assault.

I swear I thought I saw and commented in a thread about this in the rabbit ears but I can't see it?? :confused:

I was going to check it out but just haven't got round to it yet. So you think it's worth it?

I've been watching it, it is really good.

If you've got access to Hulu the eps are all on there - they usually do 3 episodes a week and the show is meant to run for a whole year.

Lots of actual adult real-life situations. The producers really have a hands off approach and let the contestants create the stories.

The host is quite cool and sets the show up as an experiment with none of the tackiness of Big Brother.

Most episodes they show the control room and it puts BBAU to shame - it's huuuuuuuuuuge.

Last edited:
Watching the first couple of episodes on Hulu tonight. Crazy! They are just looking for reasons to fight. Kinda makes me feel anxious in empathy.

Different Utopia, I thought you meant the Rob Sitch show on the ABC - in which case, I tried to watch the first episode, but couldn't get into it.

This show sounds interesting though, from the perspective of a BB fan.

No surprise that FOX have now cancelled Utopia with immediate effect. The live feeds will be blacked out later today but viewers are being told it is "likely" they'll broadcast the contestants being told the show has been cancelled.

^ That's a shame... I was enjoying the tension. I have only seen the first 5 eps so far though.

Back