Skip to main content

US Survivor - Season 44

Highlight: green iguana!

Jeff, at the end of tribal: "Grab your torches, head back to camp. Good night."

After JLP's pithy sendoffs, that was very bare.

It's weird seeing so many intro confessionals in the first episode.

Sorry to see the return of the shot in the dark, and something doesn't sit right with a steal an idol advantage.

If all the advantages etc. are as confusing to watch as they are to read in the recaps (at Realityblurred.com) then I'm glad I've never bothered with the US version.

I'll be tuning in, albeit a couple of days later when I get around to watching my recording.
Is it back to 39 days yet?

Yes, when they mentioned it being something like Day 28 and they were merging on Australian Survivor it put that 26 days into context.

Ooh I forgot about Suvivor US.. I'm watching CBS now to catch up...

If all the advantages etc. are as confusing to watch as they are to read in the recaps (at Realityblurred.com) then I'm glad I've never bothered with the US version.
That site looks good thanks for the reference. One quote ai liked:

“Every single player had at least two confessionals! And, even better, instead of getting lost in treacly backstory segments, we learned about many of the players organically, through their conversations with each other. Remarkable!”

Something for Aus survivor to learn from.

One thing I wouldn't do in Survivor is go so hard & fast in a challenge - that you risk hurting yourself... as Bruce did... You go through all that drama & manage to beat thousands of other hopefuls to get selected to be on the show.... Only to get medivac-ed on day 1 by something so lame as diving head first into a pole ????

& same to that other tosspot who climbed the rocks and fell.. You could just see that happening... Some people are stooooopid...

That boat ride to risk a vote is so lame, I'm sure they could come up with something much more exciting to have them do for a reward AND at least think of something new each season... Boring...

What is the significance of the chess pieces in the voting area?
Yeh I dunno, but we could probably look it up… Season 43 had all these puzzles that you could do alongside the game, which was quite fun. Remember all those symbols they used to put in? I wonder if the chessboards has a game running alongside it?

Has anyone noticed that since they started doing Season 42 and this revised post COVID format, that the sound engineering is a little bit less professional? We find that there are often times where the voices are somewhat below the usual balance of audio levels. Like almost as if they have a B grade audio technician handling all the mixing… Is it just us or has anyone else picked that up?

Yeh I dunno, but we could probably look it up… Season 43 had all these puzzles that you could do alongside the game, which was quite fun. Remember all those symbols they used to put in? I wonder if the chessboards has a game running alongside it?
So it turns out it’s just a plain old set prop. Nothing exciting - other than the positions might mirror famous chess games eg. Gary Kasparov vs Deep Blue
It just so happens a chess board matches the theming in the season.

Has anyone noticed that since they started doing Season 42 and this revised post COVID format, that the sound engineering is a little bit less professional? We find that there are often times where the voices are somewhat below the usual balance of audio levels. Like almost as if they have a B grade audio technician handling all the mixing… Is it just us or has anyone else picked that up?
I was wondering that too, I thought wouldn't it be good if you could play a game of chess one move at a time whilst casting your vote & if you win you get immunity :cool:

I noticed the sound levels too - It was if I was watching a pirated download and the audio was mixed on some lame free pc app :arghh: sometimes it was louder & sometimes it was a different pitch... odd..

Back