• Welcome to the discussion forums. To get posting, register an account. You can also register with your Facebook or Twitter login.

US 2020 Presidential Election

up_all_night

Awesome site donor
what are the chances of trump actually getting impeached?

They say the Senate won't vote for it.

I honestly wonder if they'll drop the Impeachment to "focus on the election." They'll drag this out as long as they can for political effect and then decide to call off having a vote to start a proper enquiry. Claim they could have impeached him. The Dem's are not going to get through it unscathed and Trump could be impeached and then reelected. They need to ensure this next election doesn't wipe out the gains from the last midterms in case of a Trump reelection.

The whole story is really messy and convoluted. We're not getting a clear narrative, and neither sides of the press is interested in giving us one.

reepbot

TINA ARENA FOREVER!
They say the Senate won't vote for it.

I honestly wonder if they'll drop the Impeachment to "focus on the election." They'll drag this out as long as they can for political effect and then decide to call off having a vote to start a proper enquiry. Claim they could have impeached him. The Dem's are not going to get through it unscathed and Trump could be impeached and then reelected. They need to ensure this next election doesn't wipe out the gains from the last midterms in case of a Trump reelection.

The whole story is really messy and convoluted. We're not getting a clear narrative, and neither sides of the press is interested in giving us one.
This business with Hong Kong and the NBA might throw the whole impeachment thing underground for the moment, which is a pity. As Trump needs to be held accountable for his actions.

up_all_night

Awesome site donor
This business with Hong Kong and the NBA might throw the whole impeachment thing underground for the moment, which is a pity. As Trump needs to be held accountable for his actions.
The problem they have is that they can't do that without making themselves look terrible which will cost them votes. Even if they get the Presidency, they will probably lose the House. Pelosi said, 'they will probably lose the house but it's worth it.' No, it's not.

How do you get around the fact that the whistleblower worked with Biden, co-ordinated with top Democrats and their lawyers for a few months before the complaint? Where the Dems were then planting news, to then be used in the complaint. Which was then completed. Only to then be rewritten on a newly changed formed to allow conjecture and hearsay. Which they then backdated to claim they didn't change it just for this complaint. Where one of those top democrats is the guy who is meant to be in charge of the investigation and they tried to obscure it.

Where it'll probably end up coming out Biden was most likely corrupt to some extent.

You may be sitting here going, "wtf is this guy on about, he must be a right-wing arsehole." However, I assure you I am not. These are based on facts, and maybe this narrative is meaningless, incorrect, all well-intentioned, but it will never look good. It will be spun in many ways. It will always look like the Dems and the CIA and other agents infiltrated and conspired to take Trump out because they feared they couldn't beat him in the election. That will do massive damage to America. Regardless of how wrong or bad Trump may have been.

The Dems can not get out of this without looking bad.

They should aim to beat him at the polls and win as much of the house and senate that they can. Things like action on climate change can't wait for American politics to sort themselves out after several election cycles.

reepbot

TINA ARENA FOREVER!
The problem they have is that they can't do that without making themselves look terrible which will cost them votes. Even if they get the Presidency, they will probably lose the House. Pelosi said, 'they will probably lose the house but it's worth it.' No, it's not.

How do you get around the fact that the whistleblower worked with Biden, co-ordinated with top Democrats and their lawyers for a few months before the complaint? Where the Dems were then planting news, to then be used in the complaint. Which was then completed. Only to then be rewritten on a newly changed formed to allow conjecture and hearsay. Which they then backdated to claim they didn't change it just for this complaint. Where one of those top democrats is the guy who is meant to be in charge of the investigation and they tried to obscure it.

Where it'll probably end up coming out Biden was most likely corrupt to some extent.

You may be sitting here going, "wtf is this guy on about, he must be a right-wing arsehole." However, I assure you I am not. These are based on facts, and maybe this narrative is meaningless, incorrect, all well-intentioned, but it will never look good. It will be spun in many ways. It will always look like the Dems and the CIA and other agents infiltrated and conspired to take Trump out because they feared they couldn't beat him in the election. That will do massive damage to America. Regardless of how wrong or bad Trump may have been.

The Dems can not get out of this without looking bad.

They should aim to beat him at the polls and win as much of the house and senate that they can. Things like action on climate change can't wait for American politics to sort themselves out after several election cycles.
No, I'm sitting here going "Neighbours hasn't been quite the same since Sonya died" , but that's neither here nor there.

But I do agree that that the Democrats should try to beat him at the polls, I just hope Biden isn't the nominee.

Isee

Lurker... who occasionally speaks
Awesome site donor
Biden seems to one of the more right leaning dems. I wonder if all of this will just make democrats hunker down and pick a nominee that is the least like trump they can get, which is probably Warren or Harris.

up_all_night

Awesome site donor
No, I'm sitting here going "Neighbours hasn't been quite the same since Sonya died" , but that's neither here nor there.

But I do agree that that the Democrats should try to beat him at the polls, I just hope Biden isn't the nominee.
I can't see Biden being the nominee. It'll be Warren. Which isn't without issue. She did spend her life pretending to be a racial minority. Or Kamala, who also isn't without issue, her District Attorney record is atrocious. I think both are candidates that could lose to Trump.

I'd rather Bernie with Tusli as VP.

reepbot

TINA ARENA FOREVER!
I can't see Biden being the nominee. It'll be Warren. Which isn't without issue. She did spend her life pretending to be a racial minority. Or Kamala, who also isn't without issue, her District Attorney record is atrocious. I think both are candidates that could lose to Trump.

Booo Bernie.

Hooray for Kamala Harris.

Affable

I hope you are right.

Affable

This impeachment will blow up against the Democrats. Trump will win even more comfortably in 2020

reepbot

TINA ARENA FOREVER!
Not even that will help them. Trump will win.
yeah, probably. the democrats have attacked trump so much that it has all become white noise. only the looniest of the looney left think that anything will happen with trump impeacment wise.

which is sad to see.