• Welcome to the discussion forums. To get posting, register an account. You can also register with your Facebook or Twitter login.

Upgrades

Mr Stickyfingers

an old fart that rants at times...
Awesome site donor
What does that look like?
...when you look up at the top of the page you will see the tabs 'Home'/'Forums' and next to it 'What's New' and then 'Members' Beachsands... if you click on the 'What's New' tab all of the latest posts are in the one place... it saves going into each forum individually to see what has been pasted lately... what a cool tab!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk

timmydownawell

100% Free. Apply now!
Awesome site donor
...when you look up at the top of the page you will see the tabs 'Home'/'Forums' and next to it 'What's New' and then 'Members' Beachsands... if you click on the 'What's New' tab all of the latest posts are in the one place... it saves going into each forum individually to see what has been pasted lately... what a cool tab!... cheers.
I don't know how to break it to you Sticky, but there's always been a link for "New Posts"

Mr Stickyfingers

Awesome site donor
I don't know how to break it to you Sticky, but there's always been a link for "New Posts"
...yes I know that there's always been a link for 'new posts' in the 'Forums' tab Timmy but not for the 'what's new' tab my friend... 'new posts' under the 'Forum' tab shows all of the different forums with new posts in them but the 'What's New' tab shows you the individual new posts under the same thread... that's what I'm saying my friend... I have never seen a 'What's New' tab in the older version before I'm sure of it... cheers.

timmydownawell

100% Free. Apply now!
Awesome site donor
...yes I know that there's always been a link for 'new posts' in the 'Forums' tab Timmy but not for the 'what's new' tab my friend... 'new posts' under the 'Forum' tab shows all of the different forums with new posts in them but the 'What's New' tab shows you the individual new posts under the same thread... that's what I'm saying my friend... I have never seen a 'What's New' tab in the older version before I'm sure of it... cheers.
Um, it does exactly the same thing!

Or are you talking about "latest activity"?

Mr Stickyfingers

Awesome site donor
...haha!... what I am saying Timmy is that when you click on the 'Forums' tab you see this on the screen... the collective latest posts right?...

2018-08-18_0-20-01.jpg

...and when you click on the 'What's New' tab you see this right?... the individual new posts...

2018-08-18_0-20-36.jpg

...you see the individual new posts and not the collective one's my friend... or am I imagining it?... I'm sure that the 'What's New' tab never existed before unless I need to give my brain a reboot with a shot of Rum perhaps?... lol!.. cheers.

Mr Stickyfingers

Awesome site donor
@Mr Stickyfingers : The "Whats New" tab with the individual posts was definitely there before. Ha ha.
...haha!... SERIOUSLY?.... I've been here since 2012 and have NEVER picked up on that before?... well fug me dead with a Feather Duster and an Egg Whisk!... REALLY?... hahahaha!... sorry Timmy you WERE right my friend lol!... and sorry Beachsands for falsely making you think that it was something new lol!... well... I might have a couple of Rums now that I've learned something new today... I know what happened too... a whole new flashy website with shiny things to distract me and feeling like a little boy walking into a new lolly store lol!... it was all to much for me lol!... now to sip some Rum lol!... cheers.

FatPants

Dogs are the best people
Well guys... I just logged in with one of my newer gadgets I don't usually use for surfing the web and voila it's working on this device and I see the quick reply at the bottom of my screen. Looks like my old phone can't handle the new upgrade. Thank you everyone @delcan @oddjob and @FatPants for trying to help me. I really appreciate it. It makes my heart warm you guys trying to help. ☺️😘

I should have tried on this device earlier but the thought didn't come to me until just then. 😔 Haha! I'm a bit slow. At least it didn't turn out to be something as simple like this:
Glad you are back! What a weird thing to happen.

Consuela

Here to Reign™
Awesome site donor
LOL, I have to say I've noticed it more today and have been using it when I didn't before, so it does stand out more.
@Mr Stickyfingers : The "Whats New" tab with the individual posts was definitely there before. Ha ha.
It wasn't there on the main page before.
The whats new tab was not there before.
HA!
Y'all are a mishmash of right and wrong. There wasn't a 'What's new' tab before only Home/Forum/Members. HOWEVER the functionality of this new tab has always existed. It was just previously found under the Forum/Members tabs. We've gained nothing new OK. 🤓

What I think has everyone confused is that in the old forum the 'Recent Posts' link (which we now know as 'What's new') would change to 'New Posts' when you logged in.