• Welcome to the discussion forums. To get posting, register an account. You can also register with your Facebook or Twitter login.

Upgrades

Tim

All seeing pink butthole floating in space.
Staff member
Administrator
Hi everyone,

The forums had an upgrade tonight. It's a bit like how your computer is always asking you to update your software - you also need to upgrade the software that runs the forums. If it gets too old it becomes a security hazard yadda yadda yadda.

With this upgrade things will look a little different, but all your content and posts are still here. I'm having a think about how this site will look in the future and will share some thoughts with you soon.

I'm also doing a check of how emails from the forums are working. From what I can see from the site analytics, a good deal of people aren't receiving emails like new post notifications or even forgot password emails. So I'm working on getting that fixed asap. Will keep you posted.

Also, I want to get rid of the old forum emoticons, so we can use modern day emojis. Does this work: 😎😎😎😎 (if no emojis in that blank space, then not working yet)

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

timmydownawell

100% Free. Apply now!
Awesome site donor
Tim, you are awesome. I cannot describe how amazed and thankful I am that you took the time to perform the upgrade tonight for the few of us klingons who still hang out here.

So, thank you so much. I am sure I'm not the only one who appreciates it. Cheers. xo

:D:);):smuggrin: << might be the old emojis :roflmao:

Mr Stickyfingers

an old fart that rants at times...
Awesome site donor
...πŸ‘πŸ‘„... wow!... this is different!... I like it!... snappier... crispier... and different!... nice revamp of the website Tim... well done old son... πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘§πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘§πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘§πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘§πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘§β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸŽŽπŸŽŽπŸŽŽπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’”β£οΈπŸ’•πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’šβ€οΈ... and... new fonts!... cheers.

Mr Stickyfingers

Awesome site donor
...πŸ‘πŸ‘„... wow!... this is different!... I like it!... snappier... crispier... and different!... nice revamp of the website Tim... well done old son... πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘§πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘§πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘§πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘§πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘§β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸŽŽπŸŽŽπŸŽŽπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’”β£οΈπŸ’•πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’šβ€οΈ... and... new fonts!... cheers.

...that should have read... and... new emoji's!... lol!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk

Mr Stickyfingers

Awesome site donor
Thanks!

There seems to be a slight problem with the new upgrade, we can't insert tweets anymore and previously inserted tweets are now blank.
...perhaps it's still 'a work in progress' type thing FatPants or part of a future 'tweaking and fine tuning objective'... what about using the 'attach files' button in the left hand corner under the post that you're writing?... does that do it?... cheers.

Mr Stickyfingers

Awesome site donor
...hey FatPants... I've just noticed the panel to the right of the emoji button that it has two new categories for inserting media... take a look...

2018-08-17_10-25-55.jpg

...perhaps it needs to be inserted using 'code' or 'Inline code'?... they're new aren't they?... just saying... cheers.

FatPants

Dogs are the best people
...perhaps it's still 'a work in progress' type thing FatPants or part of a future 'tweaking and fine tuning objective'... what about using the 'attach files' button in the left hand corner under the post that you're writing?... does that do it?... cheers.
...hey FatPants... I've just noticed the panel to the right of the emoji button that it has two new categories for inserting media... take a look...

View attachment 53987

...perhaps it needs to be inserted using 'code' or 'Inline code'?... they're new aren't they?... just saying... cheers.
Thanks Mr S, the attach files goes straight to looking for a file on my computer so that's not good but I'll try out the code thing below and see it if works.

Edit: Ok so I can't seem to make the code thing work for me.

Consuela

Here to Reignβ„’
Awesome site donor
Oh thank Tim. I was worried when the site went down.

Love the clean lines! And EMJOIS! πŸ’―

Does it have my fave emoji though? πŸ€”

πŸ§šβ€β™‚οΈ

Mr Stickyfingers

Awesome site donor
Thanks Mr S, the attach files goes straight to looking for a file on my computer so that's not good but I'll try out the code thing below and see it if works.

Edit: Ok so I can't seem to make the code thing work for me.
...what if you download the Tweet to your desktop first and then use the 'attach files' option to put it into your post?... it may work like that perhaps?... cheers.