Skip to main content

Ultimate Tag Australia

Affable

Looking forward to this and very different to the US version by the looks of it.

7 different courses which include Survival Tag, Gravity Tag, Revenge Tag, The Wall, Stealth Tag, Dodge Tag, The Alley and The Vortex.

Starts Sunday 7pm

20 minutes in and disappointed.

US series more entertaining than our adaption. Cutting out contestants and no catchphrases.

*is* there any actual tag going on? Between the interminable character backgrounds and the 50 million ads that 7 is running I think there’s only going to be about 6 minutes of ‘tag’ in the whole show.

I saw one run and it was all over in less than a minute. Boring...

I’m now watching repeats of Border Security on 7mate which is frankly more interesting.

Formula is quite simple.

3 male and 3 female contestants per show. Group tag games not individual ones for the first 2 rounds. Individual one for second last game and then a head to head. Seems Channel 7 missed the memo. This is not the Ultimate Tag that I like. US version much better.

I probably should have read the article first..

The broadcast schedule on Seven’s main channel next week will now consist of:

• Monday – Declassified: The Royal Scandals
  • Tuesday – Surveillance Oz Dashcam
  • Wednesday – Border Security (Sydney, Brisbane and Perth)
  • Wednesday – Home and Away (double) 2021 AFL Premiership Season Launch (Melb, Adel)
TV Blackbox understands each episode costs approx $1m to produce and in these tough budgetary times, the decision to dump a primetime ‘tentpole’ program such as Ultimate Tag will cause the network considerable issues with advertisers.

What a cluster fuck for 7.

Burnette also conceded Ultimate Tag failed and will not be returning.

“We had hopes that it would build to something … it wasn’t expected to do huge numbers, it just didn’t resonate at that particular time,” he said.

“It didn’t work, it didn’t resonate with the audience and sometimes that happens. We take the view, if you’re going to fail, fail fast.”

Sorry @Affable

Back