Skip to main content

Toowoomba

Like most places it is a mix of both good and bad. It is cold (for Qld), it is high and it is a city trying to hang on to some country town values. It's about 3 hours drive east of me. It's only an hour and a half from Brisbane city. It has good hospitals looking after many, many folk from rural areas. It has good infrastructure and facilities. It's big enough and busy enough to have peak hour traffic.

Like most places it is a mix of both good and bad. It is cold (for Qld), it is high and it is a city trying to hang on to some country town values. It's about 3 hours drive east of me. It's only an hour and a half from Brisbane city. It has good hospitals looking after many, many folk from rural areas. It has good infrastructure and facilities. It's big enough and busy enough to have peak hour traffic.

Thank you.

I will visit Toowoomba next week i think. Maybe on a Monday. Although i am not a hundred percent convinced that i will go on a Monday. It is up in the air.

Is your mother thinking of moving or are you considering living independently?

From Mickey B himself:
image.jpeg[DOUBLEPOST=1483054566][/DOUBLEPOST]That said, a move could be a great thing for you reepbot.

I don't really trust Michael's judgement.

That said his is the first overly negative view anyone has ever said about it. The worst anyone else has said about it that it was boring, But i think it came from people who found going to a night club thrilling.

I don't really trust Michael's judgement.

That said his is the first overly negative view anyone has ever said about it. The worst anyone else has said about it that it was boring, But i think it came from people who found going to a night club thrilling.

I have been there a few times in my childhood and teen years due to family and family friends living there, it seemed fine. One part I went to was definitely getting into farm territory and I had to climb up a windmill to get reception on my phone. The other part was more civilised but had country town vibes, but probably I was just comparing it to Sydney.

Sydney is the God of Australian towns and cities. We bow to its expensive greatness. But it seems very suffocating Sydney. But maybe that is just me.

toowoomba-garden-city-flowers-21049281.jpg

I haven't been to Toowoomba in years - the last time I went was about 10 years ago and that was for work stuff so a flying visit. We used to visit it a lot when I was younger, it seems like a friendly, big country town. I have a lot of friends who grew up there and it seems very family friendly. There is a lot of cool places near there like Stanthorpe and there is some cool historic stuff near there as well. I suspect it is quite dog friendly because of the number of parks

i don't think that i belong on Skye's Gold Coast. full of plastic fantastic fakes. all wining and dining on the hearts of the hopeless.

but can Toowoomba be a part of me, or will i be a part of Toowoomba?

questions, questions we ask, we ask.

Back