Skip to main content

This season sucks so bad : Reasons

I agree.

The eviction of Gemma was the first gunshot for this season. And then they had to evict Katie, Lisa (pot stirrers), Jason and Sandra (the latter two were bubbly and we needed these types).

But no, we're stuck with model-looking dummies like Skye, Leo, Travis and the boring Aisha...

The only true difference between BBUS and BBAUS is that BBUS hasn't been canceled because of ratings, it's not confusing of what is going on, is progressive whereas the BBAUS has to rely on flashbacks to drive a storyline, direct to the point as far as the dwindling of HMs goes (BBUS season 16 had nine people left at week 7, this series has 13 people left with a Week 10 finale).

Yes, we know it was predictive as far as who was the winner was but we got 2 additional seasons coming our way because of the viewers wanting more. We've just crowned a person who was NEVER up for a eviction because he knew how the game worked. Half the HMs in the BBAUS are there to snog or to be ridiculed for actually trying to play the game.
This. Why would you be on the game if not to win?

I don't understand this thread, I think. I have no idea why we are talking about the US version. There are so many, and so richly documented reasons why this season is lack-lustre that, like most things, have nothing to do with the US.

@Bright you need to stop, you have no idea how television works here in Australia. Most nights of the week the new is either the top rated program or in the top 3.
Yes there is a small minority of people that watch BBUS/BBCAN, but that does not mean that the general public will like those shows. Most reality shows in this country that do well are about singing, renovating or cooking..... BB is raked over the coals every year in the main media even when it is a good season. Strategy based reality TV here DOES NOT RATE. And just because something rated well in the US does not mean it will here. Take this article for example...

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/10...retary-ncis-new-orleans-scorpion-stalker.html
In the US Scorpion is averaging 15.17 million viewers, 3.6 in adults 18-49 and is Monday’s most-watched drama, but in OZ it only got 608,000. So the 6 million viewers for BBUS is great number in the US for a summer show, bur here there is no guarantee a US format will work. Just because OZ and the US both speak English does not mean that both countries are going to have similar taste in reality or even scripted TV.
Once again, that is all of opinion, it seems as if you bothered with what I was saying. Don't take it personal and all this generalizing isn't going anywhere. Once again, I say that my point is being reiterated by saying it differently. You say toh-mahto and I say toe-mayto.

I actually watch bbaus because I can't stand the competitions we get from CBS.
Right, it's getting outta hand with the mash ups of competitions. That whole reset button twist in season 16 was ugh and it did nothing but give us a dead week.

This. Why would you be on the game if not to win?
Some are probably in it for the social experience and such. Look at Ben from Brisbane of Last year, BB did wonders trying to pry his hermit shell open.

I don't understand this thread, I think. I have no idea why we are talking about the US version. There are so many, and so richly documented reasons why this season is lack-lustre that, like most things, have nothing to do with the US.

Well for starters, I feel that they crapped on Ryan's HOH for the four next door thing. We only seen one segment of his dinner (Skye and Ryan.. I meant Leo) and we never seen who he picked to talk game in the treehouse.
Just forcing us to see four new people isn't going to help. Marina went in the house a week later than Leo and she got booted obiviously because we don't know her. I expect the same of whoever lasts of those four new HMs.

I agree.

The eviction of Gemma was the first gunshot for this season. And then they had to evict Katie, Lisa (pot stirrers), Jason and Sandra (the latter two were bubbly and we needed these types).

But no, we're stuck with model-looking dummies like Skye, Leo, Travis and the boring Aisha...

exactly...as much as I hated Lisa and KAtie, they were the two mean girls this show needed... maybe the house dint want them but the show did... the HMs hav not gone there to enjoy their lives...its a show.. and only when there is a villain, a hero emerges... had the mean girls been there, some one would have emerged as a hero... Sam was such a strategist...and even hes gone... Jason knew too much and could have created some controversies, but even he was thrown out...and now we are left with the 2 most boring couples and a bunch of newbies in the show... the only respite being Priya and David. Instead of bringing in new peoplw, they could have easily brought back Lisa or Katie.. I guess now its too late...the show is already drowning :(

This thread though
tumblr_l9mxp3T7V31qb5vh1o1_400.gif

I wouldnt say it sucks, this years bunch are generally nicer which is very welcome. I miss the real game players but not the aggressive attitudes of some of the previous years housemates. Why all the intruders though? Leo and Marina had barely unpacked before 4 more went in. Not sure it was a good idea. Still, I watch and enjoy even when its a bit slow with not a lot happening. Hoping Priya keeps safe as long as possible.

I have to agree that BBAUS has turned "watchless" for me.

Could not give a hoot about it anymore and haven't cared to watch for last 2 weeks.

It was my one guilty pleasure a year and I am over it- I will watch the US show and Celebrity UK online but that is as far as my interest in BB goes now.
Too bad- this was once my fav show and I waited all year for it to start up..... :(

This years Big Brother is frustrating people to the point of tears.
I wanna spend more time with the original housemates!

Every season on Channel 9 has been shite, with this season being the worst! And I'm sick of people saying to bring back FNG/FNL - it's a welcome relief not to have it for a change! Couldn't stand the games!

Back