Skip to main content

This season sucks so bad : Reasons

TheIndianGal

This season sucks so bad... I stopped watching it almost 15 days ago and when I tried to start watching episodes from where I left i.e. the entry day of Marina, I could barely watch it for more than 10-15 mins... And since then Ive been unable to get courage and patience to catch up with the episodes. Anyhoo, here are my reasons why this season sucks so bad:

1. Improper use of the pair thing and the powers that were given to the people. They could have done so much with it. But it was so disappointing that the producers and the channel could not milk that kind of drama

2. There are not enough interesting characters. Most of them seem to be chosen on the basis of looks...almost all people are model types, especially the intruders. And those who were interesting enough like Sam, Gemma etc who could have stirred the pot li'l were thrown out.. whereas dumbasses like Travey still stand in the house and contribute nothing to it. Seriously Sam was so good, he could have easily played mind games.

3. The channel is so desperate for a love story tht they keep throwing in young n beautiful intruders...seriously if instead they had continued with the originals, some proper storylines would have formed by now...bt since originals keep getting replaced by new people every week, it seems impossible to form some proper storyline or groups

4. This BB does not play with the minds of contestants at all so that there is some controversy. For instance, in case of Cat, when she was given a super power to see who nominated who, but for the price of her n Lwson's video of Sanctury. It was such a great deal and would have stirred up the house, but instead the stupid BB showed them the entire video which scared them. Had the BB not showed them video and only Cat had to make the choice, the whole house would have seen the video and some confrontations would have come

5. The show has cancelled even Friday episodes, which makes it only 4 days a week. Adding to it, the no LFs, most people have really lost interest.

6. There are no more Showdown and games stuff which was there last season. Especially the live Showdown was so interesting last year. This yr there are no games

There are so many other points but honestly, this is the worst BB season Ive ever seen. Last year was so good bcoz of Tim. But this season, the producers have themselves dug a grave for themselves. The original housemates, most were uninteresting, and even the intruders are so uninteresting. We need someone like Boog, not another barbie doll in the house. Jason and Sam were so interesting bu they were thrown out. And rather we are left with the dumb couple Aisha-Travis and Ryan... Lawson was interesting but his stuff with Cat took him down... David and Priya are probably the only interesting HMs...and probably even Skye.... But honestly, I doubt producers or channels will make any more effort and m expecting the show to go even more down.

Anyhoo, do write if you can think of any other reasons.

In opinion, I think some of us (Other nationalities) want the true essence of BB back for the Aussies. Well, the version of the essence you know of. For me, BB is about competitions, seeing the house vote someone out all for a chance to be final 3 and ultimately the winner of BB for 3 months. I'm used to that kind of BB; but, I enjoy seeing BB as a "all-mental" game rather than someone winning the Veto every freaking week just to not use it or having someone winning Head of Household every other week and is protected by dummies that wouldn't vote them out the week they are not HOH. We Americans don't have BB that talks to us and our diary rooms as of late are more like poor scripting with bad narrations feeling contrived and ugh. But through all of that, I see that BB in Australia isn't cared for and I wish, just wish, that the BBAUS production would adopt the American/Canadian style of game and watch the ratings go up.

This year the American BB was boring because the winner was just too good at the game. Most votes were unaminous, and Frankie sucked. BBAU has its own traditions and style, and doesn't need to adopt the yank model - it just needs to do its own model well. Show us the housemates talking. Air it over winter when people need something to just sit in and watch every night during the long dark cold. Give adult content, and live feeds. Just do what they did, years ago, before they even really had the technology to.

BBUK this year was horrible because Pauline and Helen were horrible, and they frightened people and BB kept giving them outside info and manipulating nominations etc. They have their own panto traditions, which wouldn't wash in Australia, but the BBBOTS idea is fantastic -if the host is chosen well., like they have been in the UK.

The Canadian one was the best this year, I think, but there's no need to adopt this North American model, as I said. Just air the bloody housemates and keep to the old schedule. It worked.

Debate continues, but I still feel the noxious hand of Channel 9 as being largely to blame.

This year the American BB was boring because the winner was just too good at the game. Most votes were unaminous, and Frankie sucked. BBAU has its own traditions and style, and doesn't need to adopt the yank model - it just needs to do its own model well. Show us the housemates talking. Air it over winter when people need something to just sit in and watch every night during the long dark cold. Give adult content, and live feeds. Just do what they did, years ago, before they even really had the technology to.

BBUK this year was horrible because Pauline and Helen were horrible, and they frightened people and BB kept giving them outside info and manipulating nominations etc. They have their own panto traditions, which wouldn't wash in Australia, but the BBBOTS idea is fantastic -if the host is chosen well., like they have been in the UK.

The Canadian one was the best this year, I think, but there's no need to adopt this North American model, as I said. Just air the bloody housemates and keep to the old schedule. It worked.

Debate continues, but I still feel the noxious hand of Channel 9 as being largely to blame.
The only true difference between BBUS and BBAUS is that BBUS hasn't been canceled because of ratings, it's not confusing of what is going on, is progressive whereas the BBAUS has to rely on flashbacks to drive a storyline, direct to the point as far as the dwindling of HMs goes (BBUS season 16 had nine people left at week 7, this series has 13 people left with a Week 10 finale).

Yes, we know it was predictive as far as who was the winner was but we got 2 additional seasons coming our way because of the viewers wanting more. We've just crowned a person who was NEVER up for a eviction because he knew how the game worked. Half the HMs in the BBAUS are there to snog or to be ridiculed for actually trying to play the game.

Like I said, the essence of BB that you know of is different from what I know it as. Channel 9 needs to be take pointers from CBS of America obviously.

Not really. The HoH, the Power of Veto, the 3 shows a week... versus (ideally) points and reasons for nominations, no overt alliance talk, daily shows etc. They are pretty different games, I think.
You've just reiterated my point by saying it differently. You say toh-mahto and I say toe-mayto. All we need is three shows and ratings stay significantly stable.

BBAUS this year has rating dropping like a bad habit with Friday and Sunday shows being pushed to the wayside and to be honest, some of the nominations have been "huh?" as BB picks and chooses what nominations is accepted.

As I was saying, BBUS hasn't been canceled and since season one of America, the HoH-Veto-Evict repeat cycle for 3 shows a week, with live feeds hasnt been manipulated whereas BBAUS adds stuff that really takes away from the show (prime example: adding four NEW HMs while the damn viewing population can't even get a good look at original HMs unless they are in a relationship or being talked about)

The reason that the American format of Big Brother works is because it has Americans watching it.

The Australian model is the best one for Australian viewers AS LONG AS IT'S DONE RIGHT!
But I'm American, watching an Australian show. So that first statement is opinion only lol. I'm sure plenty of people outside the States have watched BBUS. Yasssssssss more emphasis on AS LONG AS ITS DONE RIGHT! I miss the original BBAUS.. it was so fun, authentic people was in it and Miss Gretel. Long live the best host of BB Worldwide. At least you all don't have to deal with Julie Chen the Chenbot. lol

@Bright you need to stop, you have no idea how television works here in Australia. Most nights of the week the new is either the top rated program or in the top 3.
Yes there is a small minority of people that watch BBUS/BBCAN, but that does not mean that the general public will like those shows. Most reality shows in this country that do well are about singing, renovating or cooking..... BB is raked over the coals every year in the main media even when it is a good season. Strategy based reality TV here DOES NOT RATE. And just because something rated well in the US does not mean it will here. Take this article for example...

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/10...retary-ncis-new-orleans-scorpion-stalker.html
In the US Scorpion is averaging 15.17 million viewers, 3.6 in adults 18-49 and is Monday’s most-watched drama, but in OZ it only got 608,000. So the 6 million viewers for BBUS is great number in the US for a summer show, bur here there is no guarantee a US format will work. Just because OZ and the US both speak English does not mean that both countries are going to have similar taste in reality or even scripted TV.

In opinion, I think some of us (Other nationalities) want the true essence of BB back for the Aussies. Well, the version of the essence you know of. For me, BB is about competitions, seeing the house vote someone out all for a chance to be final 3 and ultimately the winner of BB for 3 months. I'm used to that kind of BB; but, I enjoy seeing BB as a "all-mental" game rather than someone winning the Veto every freaking week just to not use it or having someone winning Head of Household every other week and is protected by dummies that wouldn't vote them out the week they are not HOH. We Americans don't have BB that talks to us and our diary rooms as of late are more like poor scripting with bad narrations feeling contrived and ugh. But through all of that, I see that BB in Australia isn't cared for and I wish, just wish, that the BBAUS production would adopt the American/Canadian style of game and watch the ratings go up.
I actually watch bbaus because I can't stand the competitions we get from CBS.

Back