Skip to main content

The Traitors AU

One of the main things The Traitors was praised for was its good casting of interesting but also normal everyday people. So naturally series 2 will be full of Z-list celebrities.

I don't particularly mind any of the celebrities mentioned though.

I see there's a New Zealand version of this show starting soon. The host is an awful person but it will be interesting to see if it's any good.

So The Traitors is on Crave here in Canada so I’ve been slowly making my way through the UK series. Love the simplicity of the format, great casting, and the drama.

Can't do it. It's all stupid challenges and strat chat. It's like they asked themselves "what are the two things about reality TV timmy hates most?" and made a show focused entirely on them*. I prefer The Bridge because they're at least doing something constructive.

*OK I say that but I may still watch Survivor AU
I like the strategy in this series. It’s soft strategy and like a house of cards it can all come tumbling down with one false move. Also like The Circle you have alliances but they are more along the lines of strong bonds than they are about actual strategy.

I’m nearing the end of my watch of the UK series… I do think the missions got better as the series progressed and at the end of the day they inconsequential to the format beyond building the prize fund.

I'm a bit nervous for it really - the difference now is we come into the season with expectations.

I'm a bit nervous for it really - the difference now is we come into the season with expectations.

I just come back to this:

Can't do it. It's all stupid challenges and strat chat. It's like they asked themselves "what are the two things about reality TV timmy hates most?" and made a show focused entirely on them*. I prefer The Bridge because they're at least doing something constructive.

I just come back to this:
I think your read on this show is a bit off… I’ve already covered most of it but might I suggest give the UK series a watch. There’s obviously some strategy to it but it was more about the relationships than it ever was about playing a game.

I think your read on this show is a bit off… I’ve already covered most of it but might I suggest give the UK series a watch. There’s obviously some strategy to it but it was more about the relationships than it ever was about playing a game.

Can't bring myself to do it. Still trawling my way through Fear the Walking Dead and then have ST Strange New Worlds to catch up on.

Good first episode.
Some suspicious and annoying characters, as it should be.

Corinne got herself voted out by not realising she needed to vote for Sarah.

I suspect there must be some base rule about getting rid of the least memorable people first - otherwise why wouldn't you just try to get rid of Luke or Ash straight away?

One for the worst made-up names honour : Paeden.
(Apologies to any Paedens reading this).

Corinne got herself voted out by not realising she needed to vote for Sarah.
Oh, that was so frustrating. Didn't grasp the game at all, or basic maths, and essentially voted herself out.

Some very annoying types, which is why they're there I suppose. Just glad Luke survived the first banishment!

I loved the Trojan Horse challenge. They've made the edit a bit snappier, also.

The first episode flopped big time with only 216k watching on channel 10. It also only had a poor 15k streaming the show comparing to the 154k streaming The Voice and 87k The Block.

I really like this show but I am afraid its getting cancelled after this season. The 1st season also had extremely low rating and was only brought back for a 2nd season due to the success of the UK and US versions

Back