Skip to main content

The Traitors AU

Is the format likely structured to prevent both of them reaching the top 2?

Also do the traitors know who the other traitors are?

The UK version is supposedly airing before the end of the year, and airing three nights a week rather than weekly too - so essentially being burnt off during the World Cup.

Last edited:
I thought the editing was rather crap for the last show...

You could easily see Kate write the capital letter L in the 2nd last banishment, thus she was writing Lewis and we already knew Craig & Alex were writing his name down - so you knew he was toast. Then they did it again in the last banishment, you could easily see Craig write 3 horizontal lines at the end of his writing, thus it was the 3 lines that make up the capital E and therefore had to be Kate...

I think Craig allowed a pretty young female to twist his thought processes... He did well to vote out Nigel who he admired so much, but the power of the puss clouded his mind in the end O_O;) I wonder if his wife will be so forgiving or did she see what I did & give him what for when she watched the show :biggrin:

Kudo's to Alex for pulling off the win....

Had to feel a bit sorry for Craig as the realisation sank in. Congrats to Alex though, she was ruthless, and that was key to the win.

Would I watch another season? Not sure. It's like The Bridge where it could be too samey in a second innings. Wait and see I guess, on both of them.

I really enjoyed the series, but they need to iron out some problems with the endgame.
It didn't matter if Lewis or Craig were voted out first, once one of them was gone it was obvious a traitor would win.

I enjoyed the series, but I disliked the adding of more and more Traitors, I don't think it was fair. The faithful didn't have much chance of winning
I felt sorry for Craig, he was so happy. I can't say that I didn't like Alex, but she was not a favourite to win for me.

That sucked. It all went downhill after Marielle turned on Angus... Poor Craig (sucked in!) and the look of shock on his face. I would rather almost anyone else had won, but really wanted Nigel to take it out. I enjoyed the series up until the end game.

Craig was kept because he had no idea.

He was played like a fiddle.

Kate was dropping hints that Alex was a traitor, he missed them.

Doubt there will be a 2nd series, the ratings sucked.

Alex had him wrapped around her finger. As for ratings, it's all about catch up views now, so, wait and see. As I said last night, not sure I'd want to watch another because the novelty has kinda worn off. It's 80 or 90% pointless challenges and strat chat, so in that regard it's like Survivor or Seven's BBAU.

A guy replying on TV Tonight summed this up well:

First of all, the prize money. At first it was $250k, then it was “you will compete in challenges to win as much as possible from the pool of $250k", then they somehow ended up with the full amount at the end. Made no sense.

Nobody was trying to sabotage so the challenges lost all meaning – in the end they got all the money and the effort from each player gave nothing away as to who was a Traitor. So again, what was the point?

I think there is a pretty good chance of a 2nd season. While the ratings were low, the show didn't drop too many viewers from the premiere episode and didn't too badly in the demos. With catch up and streaming added in, it was close to doubling its ratings.

HYBPA also started with similarly low ratings albeit in a later timeslot, 10 stuck with it and look at it now. 10 can't afford to be too picky these days given they have very few shows that rate well for them.

Back