Skip to main content

The Traitors AU

I don't understand why they are giving away spoilers *

Surely the ONLY reason to watch something like this is so you can guess along at who the traitors are.

* you can scan a code to reveal a traitor

I don't understand why they are giving away spoilers *

Surely the ONLY reason to watch something like this is so you can guess along at who the traitors are.

* you can scan a code to reveal a traitor

I have heard that all the traitors will be revealed to the audience in the first episode with only the other contestants being kept in the dark. This show was originally Dutch and their show works in the same way.

In the show, three out of eighteen contestants take on the role of 'Verrader' (Traitor/Betrayer) and all other contestants take on the role of 'Getrouwe' (Faithful). The faithful don't know who the traitors are but viewers of the show are made aware in the first episode.

I really like this reality show. I love how they openly sit down to vote & discuss why. The accusations flying around are gold..
I see why they told us who the traitors are, as a big part of the show is watching them weave their way through the accusations and discussions to try and steer the conversation towards the majority evicting a non traitor. But I also think it would have been good to also have the audience guessing who the traitors are - and see if we could have worked out who they are.

I love how the clairvoyant got the first one wrong :biggrin: & I also love how the smirky criminal lawyer who thinks he is the greatest detective ever - also got it wrong.. .

The challenges side to it are a bit dorky I think. If they lose on average 40-50% of the total prize then, there isn't going to be that lovely $250K at the end.

One thing I also love is how one tiny slip of a comment can get you into such a pile of poo... You have to remember that everyone in this game is having to vote someone out each night. And a lot of them don't have any clue whatsoever who is a goodun or a baddie.. So they are eagerly looking for the slightest, tiniest sliver of anything to hang you on.. One sarcastic comment or joke can get you voted out so quickly.. It's like Chinese whispers - something gets said, then after a few people retell what they heard (or more like, what they think they heard), your goose is cooked.
The idea is to vote out a traitor, BUT, the most important thing most of them are thinking is - I don't want to be voted out ... So, a lot of them possibly would be just happy that when a name is bandied about, that it's not theirs. And they maybe don't want to rock the boat too much in case that name gets shelved which means your name could be the next one in the firing line... So when a name is mentioned and it's not yours, the consensus might be, meh, it's not me - so I'm happy to go with that....

I liked it.
I'm glad my initial perception was wrong, and that guessing the Traitors has nothing to do with it.

Maybe they didn't explain the game as well to the contestants as they did to us, because they seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that the people who are acting the most suspiciously must be the Traitors - even though they know the Traitors were selected not based on their personality but by a shoulder touch. And the producers were hardly going to go all out and select the biggest personalities first.

I loved that. Finally something that's different from the norm when it comes to Australian reality shows. I just have a bad feeling it's not going to rate well, especially with the 1st episode being almost 90 mins long without ads. Shame, because I much prefer this over The Block and all the dating/cooking shows.

I think I may stick around! It did drag a little, but that's standard for an opening ep. I think it's back to an hour or hour and 10 tonight.
It did pick up the pace and excitement when it came to the elimination at the end.
It's good to have something new on TV!!

I actually really liked the show! The biggest problem is probably the pacing at the start. The phases of game should be clearer. But overall, love the deliberation between groups. The morning phase was really fun. I just hope that it doesn't all come down to guesswork and there faithfuls actually have a way to find out who is a traitor. If it's all on body language it's like grasping at straws.

I might give this a go tonight. The ads with the psychics sucked me in. I love that sort of stuff!

It would be nice if there was a twist like a wrongly evicted faithful who everyone thinks is a traitor gets immunity.
Otherwise it could see people just ganging up on someone whether they actually think they are a traitor or not.

I loved that. Finally something that's different from the norm when it comes to Australian reality shows. I just have a bad feeling it's not going to rate well, especially with the 1st episode being almost 90 mins long without ads. Shame, because I much prefer this over The Block and all the dating/cooking shows.
I agree with you except for the Block, lol. I record the show so the adds don't affect me. I could never watch it life waiting the end of adds, just could not do it :)
So far I love it, I don't remember any names though.

People prefer things like Australia's Got Talent that they don't have to think about while having dinner or just after. It happens every time.
Any singing, cooking, dating, love what ever... boat, island, Gogle box (I think) I don't like any of them. In fact I have never watch any of them, just the promo some time that's enough for me. Like the people in Gogle box I don't know people behaving like them, they look ridiculous to me, the over acting is just too much for me, and that just what I saw for a second of promo

I think they picked the wrong person to host it & the episode was too long.

They were idiots for getting rid of Jack.

I just think they will pick off who they think is their biggest threat & hope one is a traitor.

Back