Skip to main content

The Traitors AU

Lots of BEEEEUUUUUUUWWWWWWs going on there! I'm quite enjoying it even if I'm not giving it my full attention. I wish the Faithful would get one bloody right though. Got a bit closer with Angus at least.

Interesting that despite the quite good mix of cast (as consistent for 10's reality shows), the Traitors are all white (and presumably straight). Seems a bit off. Or is it deliberate because reality show contestants have often targeted brown people when voting? Perhaps I'm overthinking it.

Minor annoyance is most of the contestants pronouncing traitors as "traders". BEEUUUUWWWWW.

I am really enjoying this show surprisingly!! Its different, although I do wonder if it would be more interesting if it was more like The Mole where the traitors had to try and sabotage the tasks and that money went into a separate winnings pool for the last remaining traitor (if any?)

100% agree with this. The Traitors should also have to sabotage the pot or something to make it more interesting.

It would also give the Faithful a way to identify the traitors by looking out for who is sabotaging or not pulling their weight in challenges, etc.
At the moment, its just a guessing game where they all go off 'vibe' by how people react to others walking into the breakfast room? 'Oh blah blah didn't look very shocked, she must be a Traitor'.

Side note, can someone PLEASE bring back an Aussie version of the Mole!!!

100% agree with this. The Traitors should also have to sabotage the pot or something to make it more interesting.

It would also give the Faithful a way to identify the traitors by looking out for who is sabotaging or not pulling their weight in challenges, etc.
At the moment, its just a guessing game where they all go off 'vibe' by how people react to others walking into the breakfast room? 'Oh blah blah didn't look very shocked, she must be a Traitor'.

Side note, can someone PLEASE bring back an Aussie version of the Mole!!!
100000% bring back the mole Australia! It’s my fave reality show. Have you watched the new Netflix one? Not sure if I am going to yet but if anyone has and recommends I will give it a whirl.

100000% bring back the mole Australia! It’s my fave reality show. Have you watched the new Netflix one? Not sure if I am going to yet but if anyone has and recommends I will give it a whirl.

I have watched it - it's pretty good. Typical OTT American's which is annoying, but the format is still the same and I am enjoying it!

There's a thread for it here:

I tend to fast forward through the challenges because most are boring as fuck, but the rest is still pretty good.

It could do with a tighter edit though.

How Angus is still there is beyond me.
I haven't been watching very closely, but I'm not seeing the point in these challenges. Maybe I should watch it a bit more closely.
I did find the bridge one quite amusing when they fell, though!

Yeah, the challenges are the weak bit.
At the very least there should be an immunity on offer every time, rather than just more money for 'the team'.
Even then, half of them barely got their feet wet when they realised Angus and Nigel were going for it.

Yeah, the challenges are the weak bit.
At the very least there should be an immunity on offer every time, rather than just more money for 'the team'.
Even then, half of them barely got their feet wet when they realised Angus and Nigel were going for it.
That's the part I don't get. What is the money for? The last man/woman standing as winnings?

That's the part I don't get. What is the money for? The last man/woman standing as winnings?

This is how it worked in the original Dutch version:

In the first season of the show, the contestants played a game to decide the winner of the silver bars in the last episode. The two finalists independently wrote down either the word 'Verraad' (Betrayal) or 'Trouw' (Faithful). If both chose 'Trouw' then they split the prize but if one person chose 'Verraad' then that person won all the silver bars. If both chose 'Verraad' then the runner-up won all the silver bars. In the second season of the show, the team with the most players remaining played this game to decide the winner(s) of the silver bars.

This is how it worked in the original Dutch version:

In the first season of the show, the contestants played a game to decide the winner of the silver bars in the last episode. The two finalists independently wrote down either the word 'Verraad' (Betrayal) or 'Trouw' (Faithful). If both chose 'Trouw' then they split the prize but if one person chose 'Verraad' then that person won all the silver bars. If both chose 'Verraad' then the runner-up won all the silver bars. In the second season of the show, the team with the most players remaining played this game to decide the winner(s) of the silver bars.
Okay, got it! Thanks sav 👍🏼🥂

I wonder if there is a rule regarding a traitor exposing another traitor.
Not including during a banishment, where misdirection is valid gameplay.
Otherwise Angus could have done a mic drop and revealed that two of the people who voted for him were also traitors.

I just saw Angus interviewed on the ten morning show. He was saying the whole thing was traumatic as lying isn't part of his personality! Wrong show Angus 🤭

Thank dog for that. It was getting a bit like watching the Geelong V Sydney grand final. Well, you know, if I cared about AFL.

Back