Skip to main content

The Priya and Skye Enthusiasts' Tea Lounge

I love them both too. Of course Priya is my favourite but Skye is a guilty pleasure of mine also. I agree with most of the housemates that she probably wouldn't be the easiest person to live with but she is quite entertaining.

I love them both too. Of course Priya is my favourite but Skye is a guilty pleasure of mine also. I agree with most of the housemates that she probably wouldn't be the easiest person to live with but she is quite entertaining.

Yes, I wouldn't be inviting Skye to come and stay with me any time soon - but I really do adore her energy in the house and her mobile face and her spurts of raw personal truth.

Priya is, of course, magestic - but until last night there was no vast evidence of my two faves having the friendship and understanding that I have long perceived existed between them, largely because so little continuous footage of anything bar spa-pashing has been shown this season.

This is going to fizzle really quick, isn't it. Gifs anyone?

Something I admire in both those girls is that they are able to stand alone when they confront someone. They don't need their team of supporters like the boys eg Ryan and David.

I just realised that Ryan's short lived friendship with Skye only came about because he had no team of boy supporters. Now he has Tom he has reverted to his old sour face standing back and criticising others.

I find Skye the most entertaining housemate by far. The constant looking at herself in the mirrors is very annoying but I still find her very likeable. As I said before Priya is growing on me. She has the advantage of being much more mature than Skye. She warned Skye off Leo a while ago saying he was not really into her. I think Skye never forgot that and then kept herself from getting too invested in him. Her enemies conveniently forget that.
I also believe Skye's sudden crush on Ryan was due to him suddenly being nice to her. as with the Michael Beveridge Estelle thing.

Something I admire in both those girls is that they are able to stand alone when they confront someone. They don't need their team of supporters like the boys eg Ryan and David.

I just realised that Ryan's short lived friendship with Skye only came about because he had no team of boy supporters. Now he has Tom he has reverted to his old sour face standing back and criticising others.

I find Skye the most entertaining housemate by far. The constant looking at herself in the mirrors is very annoying but I still find her very likeable. As I said before Priya is growing on me. She has the advantage of being much more mature than Skye. She warned Skye off Leo a while ago saying he was not really into her. I think Skye never forgot that and then kept herself from getting too invested in him. Her enemies conveniently forget that.
I also believe Skye's sudden crush on Ryan was due to him suddenly being nice to her. as with the Michael Beveridge Estelle thing.

You make some really good points. I particularly like the last bit about the sudden crush - she's probably only seen him scowling, sneering, and growling at her before.

I certainly haven't seen much footage of Ryan, prior to the crush days, where he wasn't scowling or jeering to one degree or another, so I was really pleased she brought that smiling open-faced side of him out - however briefly. I suddenly warmed to him, too. And once he was open to her and actually smiling, broadly and happily, his good looks were markedly more apparent.

I do like Skye's antics and naivity, but I would much prefer Prisus to wipe the floor with her in the finale, just to show that Australia doesn't encourage idiocy...

Priyanka's gotta win. It is possible.[DOUBLEPOST=1415237936][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've liked Skye more since she gave Leo a serving of The Truth the other day. Skye and Priyanka together still weirds me out, as do tea rooms.

But no-one gets mean in a tea room! They will get jam and cream all over them if they dare try it on.

All hail Skyanka!

Skye is pretty annoying, and don't get me started on that lipstick - but she's a good egg. Priya's a good egg, too, and she recognizes this. They're just not a pair of eggs you would expect to find together in an egg box.

Yes, I wouldn't be inviting Skye to come and stay with me any time soon - but I really do adore her energy in the house and her mobile face and her spurts of raw personal truth.
I really like how you have expressed this. I think the same but I much prefer the way you have stated it haha.

She shoots from the hip more so than not, but I like that about her.

I think Priya and her Skye complete opposites, but that's what makes their relationship wonderful I think. Priya is a natural teacher, you can tell. She wants to guide Skye and really does take the time to understand where she is coming from. Skye likes that Priya listens to her and tries to understand where she is coming from. Skye does struggle with what she has to say at times and I think she finds comfort in Priya giving her the wisdom and really giving her patience unlike the others. Most of the hms just nod their head to her, But Priya actually does converse with her. I really do like these two together.

She warned Skye off Leo a while ago saying he was not really into her. I think Skye never forgot that and then kept herself from getting too invested in him. Her enemies conveniently forget that.
Good point!

I totally forgot about that! I still liked the girl mind you and I still defended what she said to Leo anyways, but this makes a lot of sense.

I really like how you have expressed this. I think the same but I much prefer the way you have stated it haha.

She shoots from the hip more so than not, but I like that about her.

I think Priya and her Skye complete opposites, but that's what makes their relationship wonderful I think. Priya is a natural teacher, you can tell. She wants to guide Skye and really does take the time to understand where she is coming from. Skye likes that Priya listens to her and tries to understand where she is coming from. Skye does struggle with what she has to say at times and I think she finds comfort in Priya giving her the wisdom and really giving her patience unlike the others. Most of the hms just nod their head to her, But Priya actually does converse with her. I really do like these two together.
100% this

I've just realised something. The two times I've really seen Skye go off the rails - on the stairs with Ryan and in the lounge with Lawson the other night - Priya wasn't there. In the first instance, Priya entered after and was asking Jason wtf happened and in the second she was stuck in the Sanctuary.

After seeing their discussion in the bedroom last night, I'm starting to think this isn't a coincidence.

Back