Skip to main content

The Lies (we know about)

With the "Biggest Task in BB Australia History" thing... like, I just don't understand the point of even saying it? It was essentially a bunch of those little tasks that BBUK sets outside of the weekly task bunched together. Nothing special at all. And we didn't even see one of the rounds. Who bloody runs the marketing team nowadays? It was bad enough when Kris Noble used to trot out the "world first" thing at the start of every season, but now every day the show is apparently making history. It's so confusing.
I know! I thought the same thing. I hate Channel 9's promotional techniques - so dramatic and oh so wrong every single time, but the fact that it was also referred to "the biggest task in the history of Big Brother" by Mike during an episode just makes it embarrassing.

And just for interest's sake, two examples of similar money-earning tasks that were much, much "bigger" than that pathetic excuse for one:

Last edited:
Its all about the ratings..interested to know what bad ratings they have this year as the programming is on late!

9 - "Despite popular opinion, live streaming the Big Brother House is no [sic] viable – economically and ethically."

It must be pretty boring in Alex M World without Big Brother USA's subscription-based 24/7 live feed with a choice of four cameras, the ability to rewind, and an overview screen showing all four feeds at once! I guess Big Brother Canada doesn't exist there, either.
Oh but don't forget, only "about a hundred" people used to watch the streams in Australia. :rolleyes:

Oh, but there's a person who is non-Caucasian. Pretty diverse. And someone with a prosthetic leg. Oh and a really talk girl. Such diversity. :rolleyes:
Is anyone keen to work out the overall average age range of this year's HM's and then compare it with previous seasons to see if they were at least correct in saying that this year the HM's would have the oldest average age than ever before?

I couldn't for the life of me pin the name Sam to anyone until I saw the pic of his book and leglessness..

... And that is why I am so not voting. Who ARE these people

Reactions: Jam
Is anyone keen to work out the overall average age range of this year's HM's and then compare it with previous seasons to see if they were at least correct in saying that this year the HM's would have the oldest average age than ever before?

Yes please someone do this. This year I think they range from age 20 to 32, no way is it even possible that the mean is highest ever. I am the complete opposite of a maths genius, but surely 2008 will take that title with a 52 year old in the house?

Well thankfully I worked backwards - I only had to get as far as last years cast to work out it's a lie.

Based on the ages on Wikipedia:
2014: Average age: 26.125
2013: Average age (originals): 27.031, Average age (inc intruders): 27.375

I've not bothered going back any further, but I also think it's not just about age. Last years cast just seemed to act that bit older and probably had a bit more life experience.

I think you've got this thing backwards, pretty much everything is a lie!

You'd be hard pressed to find anything that isn't embellished to a large degree.

I'm just wondering what gave Alex the impression that Australian BB fans are interested in watching a pseudo 'unscripted' soap opera. Aussie soapies don't interest me in the slightest much less the boring cringy car crash mess that this is. :thumbsdown:

8 - "All-Stars has never worked anywhere in the world, where it's been done [...] There is no evidence that an All-Stars series works."

Yeah, maybe in the alternate universe Alex M lives in where BBUK and BBUSA don't exist (see lie #1). Big Brother All-Stars (USA season 7) was one of my favourite seasons; Big Brother 14 where ex-HouseGuests came back to "coach" the game was my all-time favourite season (it also included pairs, see lie #1 again). Ultimate Big Brother (UK) was also very good.

Just because they're your favourite seasons, doesn't mean they worked. Lots of BBUS fans see BB14 as one of, if not the worst, season ever due to the reset button that was clearly aimed at getting one of the Coaches to win (they gave them a free ride up until that point and allowed them to make natural allies through the coach twist).

“We will always strategically put in rewards from sponsors at the right time. We will never just throw them in and have a gratuitous sponsor moment. It’s not like, ‘housemates, here’s some Ambi Pur. Go and sniff it and tell us how fabulous it is’. We don’t do that.”

:rolleyes:

http://mumbrella.com.au/nine-big-brother-2014-188043

Can't find videos from this year yet but here's last year.

Reactions: MJL
The Jake thing is really annoying me now - absolutely blatant from the $5k tonight that he has been spinning the housemates a very different story to the one we know on the outside, and that producers have been censoring this from viewers completely. Also quite obvious that Jake was very uncomfortable with it all too - and not because he was genuinely humbled to be given $5k. He seemed to be quite ashamed about it.

And backing up to Monday night...

"It could not be closer. With 51.8% of the vote..."

Well, it could be closer then, unless that 3.6% difference was actually just one person. I know Jumpin is shit but not sure it's that unpopular that only 27.777 people voted!

I am not a super observant person when it comes to noticing the editing of the show, but even I noticed the night they had the dress up party with Tim, there was a shot of Skye preparing for the evening with the girls all dressed up in her bright pastel lipstick, then in another shot 10 minutes on there was Skye preparing for the evening with the girls all dressed up and no lipstick.

I really don't understand why they do it.

Oh but don't forget, only "about a hundred" people used to watch the streams in Australia. :rolleyes:
I'm really not sure how many people really did used to watch the streams, but I think in the past few years that people are growing more and more media savvy. I think if they brought them back that more people would watch them. It's such a shame.

10 - Two new housemates
Surely in the language of Big Brother a "housemate" is somebody playing the game - eligible to be nominated, eligible to be evicted and eligible to win. Ned and Kelly do not fit into this and Nine knew exactly what they were doing with that promo.

As usual they completely miss a chance here, and just lazily repeat something down plenty of times before. Why not either have a pet eligible for eviction or at least pretend it is eligible. Then you could have the story of a pet beating a person, either for real or as part of a deception.

Didn't he also say this would be a diverse cast- more than last year?

It is diverse. There is a tall person

Reggie BB03
Chrissie BB03
Ryan (Fitzy) BB04
Bree BB04
Paul BB04
Vesna BB05
Tim BB05
The Logans BB05
Perry BB06
Michael BB06
Aleisha BB07
Zach BB07
Bodie BB07
Tahan BB10
Tim BB10
Tully BB10

MJL,
THAT WOULD BE A AWESOME TEAM I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT BUT UNFORTUNATELY I DOUBT THAT WOULD EVER HAPPEN, BUT WE CAN ALWAYS DREAM.

How about Johnny? Or Ben from 2003? Sarah Marie?

Plus, the 2001-2003 casts were surely quite high too.

And way more diverse. And Smarter. And entertaining.

The Jake thing is really annoying me now - absolutely blatant from the $5k tonight that he has been spinning the housemates a very different story to the one we know on the outside, and that producers have been censoring this from viewers completely. Also quite obvious that Jake was very uncomfortable with it all too - and not because he was genuinely humbled to be given $5k. He seemed to be quite ashamed about it.
What a farce! He's not short of money.

Back