Skip to main content

The I Hate Michael Thread

I like that he keeps conversation going and is articulate (not a genius by any means) and am glad to have him in the house (for now) but the constant mugging to the camera is so IRRITATING. Like the cutesy facial expressions that only the audience can see. I actually think Benjamin is far more intelligent and perceptive. He can be a real fucking **** but at least doesn't hide behind this fake 'relatable Aussie larrikan' persona like Michael does.

Michael is clearly an actor or wannabe television personality, his entire time in the house feels like just one big audition for his own Hamish and Andy style show. Stacey does the same thing too (except more Gabby Millgate). I actually like them (especially Stacey) but I can't wait for a moment when they snap and reach breaking point and break out of character.

Couldn't agree more!!!

I don't especially dislike Michael but I did get annoyed tonight when he mentioned about not liking being labeled the genius. Well duh..who told everyone he was? If he didn't want people to know that then he should have STFU and not used it as his secret. I think he's a bit embarrassed he's not living up to everyone expectations. Having a genius level IQ doesn't necessarily mean you are smart. You still have to go to the effort of actually learning things. It just means you have the potential to understand certain things more easily, it's not an automatic drip feed of information. He should have kept quiet and not labelled himself. Too late now to complain he doesn't like it.

I like that he keeps conversation going and is articulate (not a genius by any means) and am glad to have him in the house (for now) but the constant mugging to the camera is so IRRITATING. Like the cutesy facial expressions that only the audience can see. I actually think Benjamin is far more intelligent and perceptive. He can be a real fucking **** but at least doesn't hide behind this fake 'relatable Aussie larrikan' persona like Michael does.

Michael is clearly an actor or wannabe television personality, his entire time in the house feels like just one big audition for his own Hamish and Andy style show. Stacey does the same thing too (except more Gabby Millgate). I actually like them (especially Stacey) but I can't wait for a moment when they snap and reach breaking point and break out of character.

Absolutely agree especially with this! (IN BOLD). Michael is just annoying with his attempts at humor, it's a problem of saturation. If we saw snippets of Michael like we do with Stacey or Ray etc... it would be fine but he reminds me of Eddie McGuire (my most HATED Aussie) as in at every opportunity he gets he tries to get his mug on t.v. in the prime position/camera shot. While i do consider this smart i don't consider it likable. One thing i really noticed was how when George was asked to cut his hair Michael knew BB would ask him to do it next, he also knew he couldn't afford that as his hair is his "brand" and would definitely lose votes with a shaved head, therefore by telling George all this "you would lose your identity so you can't do it" bullshit he set a precedence for when he said no, then no heat would be on him for it. Am i over thinking... i don't think so, he knew what he was doing. Being first in the house served him well and you could tell he loved being centre of attention, then whenever a group convo starts he inevitably plods over to give his two cents, then there's putting his hand up for things like the chess match, being the one to sit on the cake, positioning himself centre stage almost in the line dancing with stupid looks on his face and that's off the top of my head. I didn't mind Michael before but now it's constant, similar to what Bradley was in the first two weeks but his coverage has seemed to settle a bit now.

Benjamin is the real genius of the house, he talks to almost everyone differently and manipulates them well, he just can't afford to be caught out. And he's the most real, if he has a problem with someone he tells them to their face as well as bitch about them lol which you can't blame or be surprised as he said he would do that from the start. Michael on the other hand bitches about people and how he can't stand some people in there but never brings it up coz he's too scared of being nominated for it. I hope Michael breaks down and legitimately flips out (nothing violent just verbal and maybe throw a few things around), this would make me like him 100%. Comon BB break Michael for me!

I agree, he acted as if they chose him for his infinite wisdom, yet he was the first to jump up. And then when Angie said she had played chess he didn't even give a look in, and then sought to place the blame on her when they lost. I did like Michael up until that point, where it became evident he is just a poor loser.

Agree with you, I liked Michael up until that point too. How did they not notice that Angie threw her hand up and said she played in school or whatever it was. Michael and Ben told everyone to be quiet, so Angie stopped talking and put her hand down and then didn't they pick Zoe because she plays chess with her brother or something? They can't ask people to speak up, then tell them to shut up when they do, then complain about it later on. Doesn't work that way.

Back