Skip to main content

The end is near, so the question is, would live updates have REALLY saved the show?

Crush Ad

Everyone complained at the start that without any daily live updates or having 6 days a week tv show, would have ruined this season.

Now that it is the end, looking back at all the housemates, tasks events in general. Would this show be great with it or not? would it make a difference on how you'll view this season?

In all honesty I wouldn't have kept up with live feeds but I think that something would've been better than nothing. We really haven't had a decent sense of continuity and while it's not been a stellar season is that the fault of the producers, the channel or the housemates or a combo? I really missed the Friday games.

When BB was on Ten, it was a 'water cooler' hit.

In the time between Ten and Nine's BB, social media was invented. Let's face it, Twitter was made for a 24/7 live feed. It would have been a marriage made in heaven. The continual buzz about everything going on in there -in realtime - would be, well, massiv.

For Nine to have brought back the show and not seen this possibility was insane.

What a lost opportunity. Fuck Nine. Thanks for killing BBAU.

Yes, I'm still wondering who these people are. We are shown a LOT of flashbacks to some semi-interesting conversations/arguements that make earlier episodes make more sense - plus we're told a lot on the outside once the HMs are evicted... Especially re: Dave saying Skye gets nude during conversations that may threaten the public's view on her or certain situations - she knows if she gets nude it wont be aired...

I bet the reasoning was that if they have total control over what we see, they could, for example, turn an overbearing/boring/obnoxious HM into a likeable HM by editing out all the annoying things they do and ultimately generating more save votes for certain HMs and resulting in more revenue for ch9.

In order to do this they needed to eliminate live feeds so that stuff happening within the house didn't contradict what they aired each night.

The problem was, with so little content aired and live updates eliminated, people couldn't connect with the HMs AT ALL so the numbers of people watching and therefore voting is apparently way down.

I hope ch9 made less money than ever, it would serve them right for trying to tell us who to support. They're not getting one red cent out of me.

I bet the reasoning was that if they have total control over what we see, they could, for example, turn an overbearing/boring/obnoxious HM into a likeable HM by editing out all the annoying things they do and ultimately generating more save votes for certain HMs and resulting in more revenue for ch9.

I don't understand the point of doing that, though. Like, why not just get an actual likeable housemate instead of carving one out of a complete twat? Surely it'd be less work, and appear much more authentic.

Absolutely would change my views, the biggest frustration of this season is that we're getting a very limited look, it makes it feel VERY contrived and we're ONLY getting the views of producers and what they chose to edit, which can be whimsical.

I can't believe this is even being debated.... If staring at a TV and not being critical is your thing then you're a TOTAL SHEEP.

What a shame Australia is mostly the aforementioned sheep - look at who is our prime minister right now.

You can't pick one thing.

Lack of content is what ruined the season. This includes less nights a week. Too much spent on nominations, tasks and running the BB game show. This includes lack of live updates, lack of video which isn't from the daily shows and lack of live stream.

When I look at the issues the show has now. We actually have had some interesting drama in the last episode, but it's kind of out of no where. I think we really have been held back from fulling knowing all the characters. As the exec producer of the original seasons on TEN said. When there's too much going on, the housemates sit around waiting for something to happen. Instead of getting on with it.

This so is what has happened this year. It's delayed dramas and tensions. Hence why BB has to force it by showing footage. People like Ryan can just coast because there's always something to do. Travis can be silly long enough for something to happen. Footage of housemates bitching, saying mean shit is always kept to a minimum in the show because there's too much of the tasks, the game show to fit into the show and it seems out of place.

As we noted very early on, plot lines come out of no where. Not so much now, but that corresponded with Alex M saying there's too much. Then qualifying it's too much little things that are hard to fit in. This is where we really needed more content. Clearly they didn't have room to actually develop the characters and small day to day stuff. However NINE didn't give them the digital rights to produce that and put it out there.

So yeah, live feeds would help. If it'd have saved the show.... who knows. It's a combination of missteps in providing content.

Back