Skip to main content

The Bachelorette 2017

davidftw

Team LaPags!
Sophie Monk's quest to find the bogan of her dreams starts 20 September, airing Wednesday and Thursday nights.

Let's talk about this mess. Here's a thread.

SOPHIE Monk isn’t ready for Australia to see her vulnerable side as the Bachelorette, but regardless her love story will go to air the week after Matty J rides off into the sunset with his chosen girl.

Channel Ten has announced The Bachelorette Australia will premiere on Wednesday and Thursday nights from September 20, a week after the finale of The Bachelor, ensuring fans won’t go without their weekly double instalment of reality love.

dfeceb7388f9f041eaefd705331f24bd

The world’s first celebrity Bachelorette, Sophie Monk, is nervous for the show to begin. Picture: Supplied
Ranging in age from 24 to 38, 18 eligible bachelors will compete for Sophie’s heart, walking the red carpet in The Bachelorette mansion in the hope of making an unforgettable first impression.

Monk told Confidential she is petrified of the show finally being aired.

“I’m so excited but also so nervous because I’m revealing a side of myself that I’ve never shown on camera before,” she said.

“I’ve done roles before where I’ve kissed people but weirdly enough, this feels way more vulnerable — because I’m having to reveal the real me.”

4296aae40816927c0b4f480d9c109850

Queensland polo player Bingham is one of Sophie’s suitors.
c49d925f5f2b4fcab43b3aa15201926b

Vineyard manager Jarrod from Melbourne was one of four bachelors revealed this week.
Four Bachelors were revealed this week, 24-year-old magician Apollo, 31-year-old vineyard manager Jarrod, 29-year-old investor and entrepreneur Blake and 25-year-old polo player Bingham.

Source

...I'm glad that you started up this thread Davidftw... it gives me somewhere to post this article about Sophie... oh wow she's had a shit life and run of men in her life so far... she's sure been dragged through the wringer that's for sure... I didn't know much about Sophie other than that she had been on 'Celebrity Apprentice' before now but after reading this article below I now know everything about her... and... I love her!... she sounds so real and genuine... I'm going to definitely watch my first ever Bachelorette now just to watch Sophie... she sounds so interesting now that I've read this... she's probably going to have more balls than Matty and will be 10 times more interesting methinks!... from this website below... for some reason it won't let me post this all in one post so this is Part One...on the link below are some great photos of Sophie and a video too that are worth looking at...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/li...e/news-story/9f2bf8689f4cfb4d4f96a4155eed0d7c

Sophie Monk: ‘Yes, I’m in love’
JORDAN BAKER
September 10, 2017 12:00am
Subscriber only
LOS Angeles is full of brats. Or so says Sophie Monk, who spent a decade there trying to navigate the city’s superficiality and narcissism.There was the friend who would tell paparazzi where to find them together, then pocket a commission from the resulting shots. The business partner who fleeced her. The empty love affairs with men who wanted a brand ambassador rather than a girlfriend.

And then there were the mean girls who’d deliberately set photographers on her, not realising — or perhaps not caring — that she couldn’t afford the kind of security that always surrounded them.The culture ate away at her, so slowly that she didn’t notice at first.
“LA is run off money, success and fame,” Monk tells Stellar. “That’s what makes you who you are, and you lose yourself. I ended up getting depressed. It’s a different and ugly world.

“There are no rules for celebrities. Everyone is a brat. Everyone is trying to sell themselves all the time because they are so insecure, so you become insecure. You are always talking about yourself, and you don’t realise that’s because you don’t like who you are.”Monk, 37, is the daughter of a nurse and a builder, and grew up on the Gold Coast. She was utterly unprepared for the catty, competitive world she stepped into at age 19 — when she won a spot in the made-for-TV girl band Bardot, who were formed on the first season of Popstars — let alone for the toxicity of the film industry in the so-called City of Angels.

“God, I was innocent,” Monk remembers of that time. “That got ripped out of me.”After 10 years spent chasing happiness and love in LA, it dawned on her that perhaps the best way to find it would be to leave and look elsewhere. It was a good decision.“I am the happiest I have been in my life,” says Monk.There’s just one thing missing: “That best friend beside me.”

It’s fair to say Monk hasn’t been lucky in love. Fame doesn’t help; it creates a barrier only trophy hunters or egomaniacs dare to breach, and those guys don’t exactly make for great boyfriends. This is true of most places, but it’s worse in LA.“They’d ring my agent for a date,” she says. “I’d tick every box, but they weren’t looking at me. The idea of me and the package worked with their brand — that’s what it felt like. They are straight into it, too. That’s when you know it’s scary. They’re like, ‘I love you,’ within a week, and I’m like... ‘God!’”So, 17 years after her first reality-television show, Monk returns on another one, appearing on The Bachelorette Australia. Joining the show was actually her mother’s idea, who had watched Monk continue to struggle to find a decent bloke when she moved back home. An experiment with Tinder failed; bars were filled only with selfie hunters.

Monk doesn’t ask for much in a man. He needs to be funny, get on with her family, and have a job — but, “I never get to meet regular people that are caring, that want a healthy relationship. So I thought [The Bachelorette] was perfect”.Given Monk has lived much of her life in the spotlight, falling in love on camera didn’t seem like a crazy idea. What’s more, the fact that she had a group of hand-picked men to get to know without any competition — “I was the hottest [woman] in the house, because it was only me” — allowed her to shake some of the habits that have hobbled her past relationships.

“In a relationship, I am very generous, and not confrontational,” she says. “I end up getting controlled, walked over. You lose yourself if you get walked over, and it becomes one-sided. My self-esteem with guys isn’t good from all that. [On The Bachelorette] I just had to be me, be a bit selfish and just think about what I want.”Despite her difficult romantic past, there was no shortage of suitors in the pre-Bachelorette era.Monk was with her high-school boyfriend for seven years until she headed to LA in 2005.

...Part two to follow... cheers.

...here is Part Two... cheers.

Over the years she’s been linked to British actor Jason Statham, TV host Ryan Seacrest, plastic surgeon John Diaz (she is said to have discovered him in bed with another woman), actor Kevin Connolly, actor Sam Worthington and, most recently, former NRL footballer Eric Grothe Jnr.Perhaps her most famous relationship, however, was with Good Charlotte musician Benji Madden, to whom she was engaged.“I met him at a restaurant somewhere, and the next minute he’s bringing flowers every day to my front door until I dated him,” she remembers. “I wasn’t really [interested at first], then he was just so sweet.“It lasted nearly two years. He’s an amazing person. I just didn’t feel ready to get married at that point. I wanted to achieve a bit more.”Her break-up with Madden triggered one of the most difficult episodes in her life in LA. At the time, Paris Hilton was at her apex and a constant public presence around town.

“She always wanted to hang out at the beginning, and I wasn’t super-keen on doing that,” explains Monk. “I just wanted to get there and work.”And work she did, including a role in 2006’s parody-film Date Movie, in which she sent up Hilton’s sultry appearance in a commercial for a US burger chain. After Monk and Madden went their separate ways in 2008, in a break-up she says was mutual, her ex-fiancé fell straight into Hilton’s arms.“She started saying that she stole him off me, which is bullsh*t,” Monk says.Still, everybody believed it.“I was all over E! News,” Monk tells Stellar. “Front cover of every magazine. She [Hilton] was like the Kardashians then. I couldn’t go anywhere and ignore it.“It was like you found out on Facebook about an ex, but times a billion. I couldn’t hide from it.

“It really hurt my feelings. It was really tough. It affected my work, which became about my relationship rather than about what I was doing, which isn’t good [in] the industry.“All of a sudden, I looked like a socialite, just from dating someone who was dating her. It changed everyone’s perspective of me and my brand.”In the weeks after her break-up, Monk was hounded by paparazzi.“I had 20 cars following me — no lie — all trying to get pictures of me being sad,” she says. “I would be bawling my eyes out, and then have to get out of the car and smile, so they couldn’t get that story. I don’t have security and stuff like they do; it was quite lonely.”

On the worst days, she enlisted close friend Kyle Sandilands, who was also living in LA at the time, to drive behind her and create a buffer. Madden is now married to actor Cameron Diaz.“Half of my exes are now dating Victoria’s Secret models. I would like someone uglier, please! Uglier, older, no ambition...” In 2011, after they had dated for three months, Monk announced her engagement to French businessman Jimmy Esebag, 20 years her senior.“I enjoyed his company,” she says. “He had a bit of money, which I didn’t care about — I have my own and am very independent. It was more like we were best friends — he was funny, I learnt lots off him. It was a weird time of my life when I needed someone more real, who had my back and was protective.”

But Esebag wanted her to stop working.“[My ex-partners] have all this drama and media and everything coming, and they are like, ‘Can you stop?’ But I love working. I need a purpose like that. I have worked so hard and so long and sacrificed everything.” They broke off their engagement. Relationship roulette wasn’t great for Monk’s career.“I would sacrifice everything,” she explains. “I’d be with partners and they were jealous of [me] making out in a movie, so I would not do the movies, and then my career, you know... you’ve got to keep going when you are on fire. But I am such a lover. I just couldn’t find that person [who] really loved me.”She eventually grew depressed.“For three years [in LA] I didn’t want to go on auditions,” she says. “It was getting so superficial, there’s married men hitting on you, it’s a different and ugly world. There’s no soul for me.”

Along with Date Movie, Monk landed a role alongside Adam Sandler in 2006’s Click and appeared on an episode of Entourage in 2007. But there was also plenty of rejection.She recalls the reasons: “‘Too skinny. Too blonde. Too this.’ You are getting attacked all day, every day, about looks. So many nos to get one yes. Then you are down to the last two, and you miss out at the last minute. Everything is all just at your fingertips.”She filmed Spring Breakdown with comedian Amy Poehler, but the studio changed hands and it went straight to DVD in 2009. “We were banking on that [film],” she says. “It would have killed it and that would have been my ticket.” There were financial dramas, too.“You have to be really strong there, and I wasn’t, so a lot of money has been stolen off me over the years.”

Monk moved home to Australia a few years ago, and regrouped with her family. Through a radio gig in Sydney and other work, she’s earned back enough money she lost to buy a house on the Gold Coast and build a granny flat for her folks.“[My family] are very open, non-judgemental, really kind people,” she says. “My dad is too good for this earth, he’s that sweet. Being 10 years in LA without them, it makes you realise I had no love around me.“I think that’s why I let guys walk over me and control me, too. Something about the respect of having people who love you around you... guys respect that, too.”

The Bachelorette — which will premiere later this month — has finished filming, and Monk says she’s in love. She is not allowed to reveal anything else, but says she hopes this is for keeps: “You never know, but my gut is saying this is amazing.”She is not concerned her new love will be intimidated by the famous men who characterised her past.“Once they get to know me, they realise I am nothing like that. I didn’t like that world, anyway.”She would like children at some point, but would discourage them from following in her footsteps.“All that pressure and superficial stuff. The grass isn’t greener,” she says.

The Sophie Monk embarking on a televised search for happiness is light years from the teenaged Marilyn Monroe impersonator who drove nine hours from the Gold Coast to Sydney to audition for Popstars in 1999, and who, her long-time friend Jackie O tells Stellar, “had this beautiful innocence and modesty that made her so endearing to everyone”.This Monk is harder; frank, cynical, a little jaded. She has built up a few emotional calluses over the years.“There’s not much that could hurt me now,” she confirms.When asked what her future might hold, the answer is telling.“Happiness, for once,” she says. “I’ll stick to that for a while.”

...I didn't realise that as a member of Bardot that they had so many hits... (I checked YouTube)... but I did notice that Sophie was more or less just a backing singer/dancer in the group only... not many lead vocals though... but still... fame is fame isn't it?... lol!... cheers.

...I really do have to confess something... I would never had looked at 'The Bachelor' as I've stated many times before except for certain people encouraging me to do so and to be honest... I've been so disallusioned with Matty on The Bachelor because he's such a ball-less mamby pamby mummy's boy to me... and... a lousy actor... from doing my homework on the Internet I think that Sophie is going to be totally opposite to that and therefore think that I'm going to enjoy her as 'The Bachelorette'... I want to be right behind her in her quest for 'love'... she has humility and humbleness and I love that quality in people so I'm really looking forward to watching Sophie (something that I NEVER imagined myself saying a year ago) lol!... go Sophie you good thing you!... cheers.

...I really do have to confess something... I would never had looked at 'The Bachelor' as I've stated many times before except for certain people encouraging me to do so and to be honest... I've been so disallusioned with Matty on The Bachelor because he's such a ball-less mamby pamby mummy's boy to me... and... a lousy actor... from doing my homework on the Internet I think that Sophie is going to be totally opposite to that and therefore think that I'm going to enjoy her as 'The Bachelorette'... I want to be right behind her in her quest for 'love'... she has humility and humbleness and I love that quality in people so I'm really looking forward to watching Sophie (something that I NEVER imagined myself saying a year ago) lol!... go Sophie you good thing you!... cheers.

I find that I can still enjoy a show even if I don't like the "cast". Sorry that your first experience of the show presented us with a dud, we had no way of knowing, and he did seem ok in his other season (before the power went to his head).

Sophie is and will be given a very sympathetic edit. And funny. I have no doubt that we will all be cheering for Sophie to find her Prince Charming™ by the end of this. God forbid, she ends up with a cad, because he might become a bigger villain to the Australian public than Blake.

Whatever happens, I have no doubt this show will be entertaining, more so than the current Bach season (so stick around Mr Stickyfingers). Matty J has turned out to be a dud; when no one really cares who he chooses, they've done did it wrong.

Yeah @Kaz, I liked her until Celeb Apprentice - and she sort of slept through the first half, and the win was SOOOOOOOO FIXED
Suddenly she woke up for 2 episodes, and kicked and stabbed at Tim, and was an utter entitled bitch - when she is just a few RTV shows ahead of him.

But, I think I will just suspend reality and give this a go, she may think this a good idea now, but can't see it ending too well.
She needs to improve the acting, the promos are not convincing.

I do believe Lisa had Mat summed up, and she was smart enough to see straight through his crap....

Famewhore.... .model looking for more
3914841E00000578-3820875-image-a-123_1475559086757.jpg

upload_2017-9-11_17-41-44.jpeg

3914843C00000578-3820875-image-a-121_1475559075280.jpg

Back