Skip to main content

The 4 new intruders are pointless and a waste of time

I actually like them as well and would have been happy to have all four as original housemates instead of intruders. I could easily think of four original housemates that have not been entertainment for me as a viewer unlike these four newbies

There's been 22 housemates this year and that is way too much, I think a total of 16 housemates is enough. We don't see enough of all the housemates as much as we should, ::cough:: Marina ::cough::

Channel 9 have ruined a show that used to be one of the best. :pompus:

There's been 22 housemates this year and that is way too much, I think a total of 16 housemates is enough. We don't see enough of all the housemates as much as we should, ::cough:: Marina ::cough::

Way too many housemates, way too little air time and nothing in between. Both 9 and the producers have fucked up big time this year. Alex's claim of having too many storylines is a crock of shit - too many unnecessary twists and gimmicks is more like it.

I have an idea. Instead of choosing 22 fucking boring, bland as dishwater human sedatives, why not just put in 16 genuinely interesting, diverse people from the start? Then they wouldn't need so many stunts to try to induce people to watch.

There's been 22 housemates this year and that is way too much, I think a total of 16 housemates is enough.
I agree, 16 HM was enough, they should have started with 12 with 4 Hms coming intervals.
Way too many housemates, way too little air time and nothing in between. Both 9 and the producers have fucked up big time this year. Alex's claim of having too many storylines is a crock of shit - too many unnecessary twists and gimmicks is more like it.
@Tizzie It's sad that they had to rely on casting but it just turned out to be duds. Why so many people with only a 11 week -12 weeks finale? It's like cramming all the people that casting liked to save face. Richard, Penny, Lina and Tom ALL would have been perfect for a different series of BBAUS and it would have been just fine.
I have an idea. Instead of choosing 22 fucking boring, bland as dishwater human sedatives, why not just put in 16 genuinely interesting, diverse people from the start? Then they wouldn't need so many stunts to try to induce people to watch.
I've argued this so many times with some people on here. 22 people is a waste of time and 16 people SET to play should have been the way to go. I'm all for a non-intruder/non-latecomer season. Put 8 (4 guys, 4 girls) in the house at episode one and then the other set in episode 2. Or heck, even have a 3 hour special on a dead hour block to hype all the HMs entering the house and then resumed regular schedule.

They would be better off not recruiting people, and get interesting people who want to play and not coast by on their looks connections.

I do feel that they lost the audience with all the first week scrap with pairs, and the money and the offensively priced food . They then we're harmed by a house full of either mean kids or interestingly kids,and no great characters.

They've been playing catch up with these stunts ever since they lost the interest of the audience from day 1.

Although the last statement is true to be fair too many HMs has been a problem since around BB05!

The "neighbours" could really have been the years big mid-season twist had they not thrown in intruders earlier and then done stupid things like the pointless fake eviction.

The producers need to learn from hit reality show Survivor which went from recruiting contestants and consequently having shitty seasons to casting lots of fans who applied for the show and as a result played the game the way it should be played and played the game hard. The BB producers need to go out and just cast every day people who are fans of the show and apply. It is the fans of the show who know what makes an entertaining season. If you want an outstanding housemate who provides loads of entertainment you need to cast an everyday person. It is a hell of a lot funner watching a 40 year old dad or mum with average looks entertain the shit out of the audience then it is to watch people with acting, modelling and media experience entertain the audience.

Imagine if 2 intruders were the final 2 because people got complacent/thought they were safe, so didn't bother with the more popular hm's towards end, ala Ricki Lee/Ben from Brisbane.
I'd be okay with that because we don't really know the originals and Leo. What little we do know about them leaves me completely ambivalent.

The producers need to learn from hit reality show Survivor which went from recruiting contestants and consequently having shitty seasons to casting lots of fans who applied for the show and as a result played the game the way it should be played and played the game hard. The BB producers need to go out and just cast every day people who are fans of the show and apply. It is the fans of the show who know what makes an entertaining season. If you want an outstanding housemate who provides loads of entertainment you need to cast an everyday person. It is a hell of a lot funner watching a 40 year old dad or mum with average looks entertain the shit out of the audience then it is to watch people with acting, modelling and media experience entertain the audience.
This! If I have to see another (expletive) person mess with their (expletive) hair while carrying on a conversation, I will scream! Okay, I just did.

It intrigues me as to why they sent in Marina, when they had Penny and Lina in the queue. They obviously saw something in her that we didn't. Leo was a well timed intruder although he has done nothing apart from hook up with Skye and work out. Richard and Tom will be proven to be duds. Penny should have entered the game Day One in lieu of Skye, and Lina should have entered Day One in lieu of Cat. You'd be looking at an entirely different game.

I'm wondering if these four were taken out of keep-for-next-year pile, rather the intruder pile. They'd found Aisha last year but thought she was too similar to Tahan to have both of them, so they put her aside for a year.

13 housemates is ridiculous at this stage of the game. The 4 intruders have brought nothing new to the show and I've switched off since they've arrived. I could not care less about them and they are just taking time away from the original housemates.

12 orig HM's with 4 intruders is def the best format. Intruders are still really really important because they shake things up which is a breat of air after a few weeks. Without it, it's too easy for the orig housemates to fall into a routine. Routines are boring as shit.

Ryan's couple split was soooo good for this reason - I have a feeling BB either prodded him to do so, or had a good feeling that would be his move.

Of course the newbies are more interesting for now.They have been given more camera time in the 2 hours we have seen than Ryan, David, or Priya have had their entire time in the house.
It won't last long unless they cause fights or create a romance for the show to make a story out of.
I don't know what people should be doing in the house to get camera time but apparently if you aren't in a relationship this year you are dead to the BB editors.
Last year Tim created things to put the focus on him like Fake Birthday, the wedding, and I think he thought up the Talent contest. Tahan did a beauty pageant, and Ed and Matt did the relay course. None of these people have done anything like that so all the focus has been on the stupid relationships.

Back