Skip to main content

Ten's "50 Year's Young" ft. BBAU - Aug 3 2014

marquisite

Original BB Fanatic
Staff member
Administrator
Channel TEN turns 50 in August this year, and to commemorate the occasion there will be a 'Top TEN' show dubbed '50 Year's Young' featuring former Big Brother housemates Chrissie Swann, Ryan "Fitzy" Fitzgerald among other celebrities.

Channel Ten have compiled a shortlist of 50 shows and voting is now open for the public to choose the top 10 that will make it into the special. Among the shortlist is Big Brother Australia.

Vote Now (you may select up to 10 shows): http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/50-years-young/vote-2014

So if you're craving a mini BBAU of old highlights segment, be sure to vote for Big Brother! :)

Now the question is whether BBAU 2014 or this 50 Years Young special will air first... but that is a whole other topic!

EDIT: Voting has closed! The show airs August 3rd @ 6:30 pm on TEN.

Last edited:
it appears you can vote as many times as you like...?

Damn, I'm too late to vote! But surely BB would have to make the list - it'd almost be crime not to, if the TV special itself is featuring past BB HM's! :D

So glad this has been moved from a friday timeslot to a primetime sunday 6:30 slot. Actually looking foward to it!

Don't forget, this airs TONIGHT everyone!

There's an article about it online now, which mentions Big Brother and includes a list of 50 top moments from Ten (I'm assuming it's the 50 top moments). Nonetheless, Big Brother makes the list at least 4 times so I think it's safe to say there'll definitely be some BB retrospect segments on the show! :biggrin:

http://heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/top-50-moments-in-channel-10s-50-years/story-fnn7ma1h-1227011221033?nk=adfcc796c702b8bb15e984273c10da30

"Walden said Ten’s risk-taking approach to programming had seen it pioneer the reality genre bringing series such as Big Brother,Australian Idol and the Biggest Loser to Australian TV for the first time."
  • 18. Big Brother: Bunny-eared, pyjama-clad Sarah-Marie’s bum dance
  • 19. Big Brother: Merlin tapes up his mouth and refuses to answer Gretel Killeen’s questions
  • 41. Big Brother: the turkey slap. Say no more.
  • 42. Celebrity Big Brother: Warwick Capper gets evicted for flashing Kimberley Cooper.
:giggle:

Last edited:
Looking forward to them talking about Big Brother tonight but I can't help the feeling they will only mention it for a few seconds and move on since BB is a Nine show now and the new season is coming up. :confused:

Hey this smiley is like Merlin's eviction:
:linkme::stop:

Looking forward to them talking about Big Brother tonight but I can't help the feeling they will only mention it for a few seconds and move on since BB is a Nine show now and the new season is coming up. :confused:

Hey this smiley is like Merlin's eviction:
:linkme::stop:
If the aforementioned list is a true inclination of the Top 50 moments then there should be quite a decent amount of time dedicated to BB. :)

Wait! This the full list of Ten stars who are featured in the show:

Carrie Bickmore
Peter Helliar
Jo Stanley
Alan Kennedy
Ali Oetjen
Andrew Mercardo
Brad McKewn
Bruce Mansfield
Chris Brown
Chrissie Swan
Claudia Karvan
Colette Mann
Colin Vickery
Dave Hughes
David Sale
David Triscott
Debi Enker
Denise Drysdale
Derryn Hinch
Ed Phillips
Euginie Allen
Greg Evans
Hazel Phillips
Ian ' Dicko' Dickson
Ita Buttrose
Jackie Woodburne
Jennifer Hansen
John-Michael Howson
Johnny Young
Jono Coleman
Kat Stewart
Kellie Underwood
Mark Mitchell
Matt Preston
Maurice Parker
Michelle Bridges
Osher Gunsberg
Peter Helliar
Poh Ling Yeow
Rob 'Belvedere' Mascara
Ryan 'Fitzy' Fitzgerald
Ryan Maloney
Sam Johnson
Sandra Sully
Shaun Micallef
Stacey Thomson
Stefan Dennis
Steve Quatermaine
Steve Vizard
Terence Donavon
Tom Gleisner
Tom Oliver
Toni Pearen
Tottie Goldmsith
Vernessa & Sophie

All of the major reality shows seem to be getting a mention because at least one of their main stars are included on that list (Australian Idol, Biggest Loser, The Bachelor, even The Shire). But what worries me all of a sudden is that the only Big Brother related guests are Chrissie and Ryan.

...problem with that is, what if they're only there to talk strictly about The Circle/Can Of Worms and Before The Game respectively?! :eek:

I might be the only one, but
tumblr_lwvrortjIq1r8145qo1_250.gif

I only stopped watching channel 10 after they ditched big brother and got rid of 6pm Simpson's.
Otherwise before then channel 10 was the only channel that I used to watch.

.. Fast forward to today and the only time I'm ever watching free to air TV is when big brother is back on.

I only stopped watching channel 10 after they ditched big brother and got rid of 6pm Simpson's.
Otherwise before then channel 10 was the only channel that I used to watch.

.. Fast forward to today and the only time I'm ever watching free to air TV is when big brother is back on.
Just about sums it up yeah.

Back