Skip to main content

Survivor AU 2025: Brains v Brawn and Aus v USA

Seems Aus v US is the theme for next year - reported by TV Blackbox and backed up elsewhere. Presumably the US contestants will quit on day 26.

“shortened”? ffs if they start emulating US seasons Ill be out…

According to (reputable) online sources Channel Ten is working on comissioning a special USA vs Australia season for Australian Survivor next year (Yet to be 100% confirmed).

Other sources have revealed that 2025 will allegedly begin with an all newbie season which has seemingly been confirmed by the programming team at Paramount to be Brains vs Brawn 2, due to film in Jully-August and air in January. The USA vs AUS season will film in September and apparently airing in July 2025. It's also being speculated that this will be a shorter season in terms of days, very likely due to wanting the best cast possible.

Very interesting that this has come around at a time where Ten have been in hot water and have axed some Reality Shows that were once vital to their schedule. I am not suprised at all, 2 seasons of Survivor was meant to be done years ago and was always inevitably going to happen eventually. Personally I am fine with it, I don't watch much else on TV and Survivor is a strong perfromer. I just personally hope this doesn't become the norm moving forward, not because I don't want two seasons a year, but more I don't want it to turn into the Block where Nine were pumping out a pseudo All Stars at the begining of the year and then a regular series later, which for a show as big as the Block made it really tiresm to keep up with. But Survivor if anything may be the show to be able to pull that off without Audience erosion occuring since it's just an 8-9 week run with 2-3 eps per week. But we will see if this rumour even eventuates.

Also interesting to think about is how this is filming a year before US 50 which has been confirmed to be all returnee by Jeff. There will definitly be some competition in terms of casting US alumni. I can't see a world where we see some US players do both this and then 50 a year later. They would have to be really big Legends to even justify that both production wise and as well as satisfying the audience. But realistically, if this does happen I doubt whoever says yes to this will say yes or even be asked for 50.

Someone on the media spy forum is claiming the USA vs AUS theme will not be happening, but many other sources claim that it is in the early casting stages. So it seems majorly dependant on how the casting process goes. If anything maybe 2025 may be a one off where we get two newbie seasons of Australian Survivor. Which I would not be mad about as a one off.

Oop, I started a thread for this but forgot to actually post it in the Australian survivor section SMH

TEN have officially confirmed that Season 10 will be Brain vs Brawn 2, airing in early 2025. Production is said to start soon (probably July) which does suggest they are keeping September filming dates open for this potential USA vs AUS season. Whether or not it actually happens, is a whole other question.

I find Brain vs Brawn being repeated a really lazy and underhelming decision. I would just prefer there not be a theme, but theres other ideas that they haven't even tried yet. A generation theme or City vs Country. I would have thought they'd attempt a silly idea such as celebs vs civillians or even recycling people from other Reality Shows before doing this. Brain vs Brawn 2 just seems, effortless. Hopefully it will be a good season though. I hope to see an even balance of Brain and Brawn based challenges.

Happy about them going back to Samoa as well.

Yeah, Im not too overly fussed about the theme, I think I prefer that over a rehashed “Champions vs Contenders”..

I had the same initial thoughts but I think that if it’s a nice fresh new cast it could still be fun. The first B v B brought some classic players into the game.

Last edited:
Agree Brains v Brawn is so lazy. I'd have rather another Titans v Rebels over that but agree City v Country is a theme which has real potential and would work especially well with an Aussie cast - I think the contrast between the two is probably greater in Aus than anywhere else.

Back