Skip to main content

Survivor 41 - Thursdays on 9Go!

Meglos

HAVE A NECTARINE, GONK
Did we miss the first episode of the new season?
People are talking about it on facebook, seems like it aired last night.

Yes, Season 41 premiered last night. Was a mess and felt like more of an ORG than Ausvivor which certainly says something. Jeff Probst really is set on ruining this show.

Did we miss the first episode of the new season?
People are talking about it on facebook, seems like it aired last night.
9Go! 7.30 pm Thursdays, two hour premier last night.

It was a mess, Jeff's face and hair were a mess, but I am so glad it is back on.

9Go! 7.30 pm Thursdays, two hour premier last night.

It was a mess, Jeff's face and hair were a mess, but I am so glad it is back on.
I caught up.
Agree that it was a mess.
Too long, too many twists, too much crap ("come on in guys"), and extremely unappealing castaways.

I was hoping he'd change to "Come on in y'all"

Seriously though, he could have just run with "Come on in!" from the get go, without having to make a fuss about it. Or switched to "OK let's do this!". Or just cut the whole tribe entry scene altogether from the edit.

Last edited:
"Maaaate! Come on in..."

I've never liked "guys" but jeez no need for a song and dance about it.

"Maaaate! Come on in..."

I've never liked "guys" but jeez no need for a song and dance about it.
They've really triggered the bigots on FB and Reddit with this. Was this deliberate for the publicity?

Someone tweeted about it, calling it 'performative wokeness' and tbh I can't disagree with that assessment.

They've really triggered the bigots on FB and Reddit with this. Was this deliberate for the publicity?

Someone tweeted about it, calling it 'performative wokeness' and tbh I can't disagree with that assessment.
I think Jeff really sincerely wants to be relevant and up-to-date and thought he'd win public approval with this.

If they hadn't made a big deal about it they probably would have, but it's very much come across as a "look at us, aren't we great" for addressing an issue that to be honest nobody felt needed addressing to mask all the issues in recent years they failed to addressed properly.

Generally speaking production decisions should be left in the production meeting, not end up in the final braodcast. If they really wanted contestants thought they could have got that during the audition process or used their alumni of hundreds of past contestants.

Still not sure about the quality of this season after episode 2.
Some more overly-complicated twists, and no one is jumping out as likeable.

It's ridiculous. So many annoying new gimmicks it's hard to keep up. It's a grab bag of shit. And I thought having four hidden idols in play on Aus Survivor was bad. Jebus, I hope Channel 10 doesn't get any ideas from this.

It's ridiculous. So many annoying new gimmicks it's hard to keep up. It's a grab bag of shit. And I thought having four hidden idols in play on Aus Survivor was bad. Jebus, I hope Channel 10 doesn't get any ideas from this.
At least our version had time to show how the twists and turns played out, and allowed us to get to know everyone (and even that took ages).
The US version with only one hour per week should just stick to the basics, otherwise we'll be faced with people pulling idols out of their asses with no context, or more likely, plans fizzling out because no one says the magic phrase at the right time.

Just reading up on the twists and god, they sound unnecessarily complicated. The simple twists are usually the best.

Worst episode in a looooong time. Literally every scene was about advantages. The players are simply a vehicle for advantages and idols at this point.

Worst episode in a looooong time. Literally every scene was about advantages. The players are simply a vehicle for advantages and idols at this point.
And since Brad got voted out, someone else will have to find his one(s) again so lather, rinse and repeat. Always repeat.

This season just isn't working.
What we do see of the players doesn't show anyone in a good light. I literally cannot see myself cheering for any of these people to win.

Back