Skip to main content

So, when BB14 finishes - Where will you be hanging out?

I've finished my first year of journalism and have a few summer internships lined up - also working full time at my retail job, I wil lof course be coming in here to check in on how everyone is doing :)
I'm a journalism graduate. What sort of internships do you have lined up? What sort of journalism do you want to get into? Happy to help you in anyway I can :)

@Sweetgeek it mainly irritates me because I'm studying to be a journalist and these people get a free ride without actually learning any of the many rules and laws that come with being a broadcast journalist.

ha

haha kava is the devil, so gross LOLS The small islands are AMAZING :) love the cocktails there hahaha, good work! went swimming in the rainforest last time in Suva, was so beautiful :) want to also go back to Vanuatu and New Caledonia one day as well! such nice places to visit :)
I haven't been to Vanuatu or NC yet - I want to though. I went to Hawaii in January and it was amazing. I didn't want to leave :(

I'm a journalism graduate. What sort of internships do you have lined up? What sort of journalism do you want to get into? Happy to help you in anyway I can :)

aw that's really sweet of you! I've got a one with an urban development website just writing articles, features and opinion pieces for them. Also I'm starting work at The Australian Muslim Times - just for something a bit different!

I'm an open book with journalism really, any sort I am happy to do whether its print, online or broadcast.
What do you do? @glamourama

I haven't been to Vanuatu or NC yet - I want to though. I went to Hawaii in January and it was amazing. I didn't want to leave :(
I was thinking of going to Hawaii in the next couple of years, never been! SO JEALOUS haha i don't think I would come back! LOL Hoping big brother is not cancelled next year, decided to go back to Fiji over xmas not start of next year, so hoping I will be in Australia to audition, doubt i will ever make it on the show! just have so much fun at the auditions, the best fun haha! I got lost In N.C last time i went, people could not speak english we met to ask for help, freaked out. felt like we were on survivor/ the amazing race LOLS Most people in city area do speak english, we went way out in the middle of no where to a nice beach haha! Good times :)

@Sweetgeek it mainly irritates me because I'm studying to be a journalist and these people get a free ride without actually learning any of the many rules and laws that come with being a broadcast journalist.
I never thought of that tbh and yeah I can see how this would annoy people who work hard. It's almost like you have to do something outrageous to get noticed rather than actually doing anything of note. Though radio work like what some do, kyle comes to mind, does he have qualifications? No offence but I did not expect him to have any if I am honest.

aw that's really sweet of you! I've got a one with an urban development website just writing articles, features and opinion pieces for them. Also I'm starting work at The Australian Muslim Times - just for something a bit different!

I'm an open book with journalism really, any sort I am happy to do whether its print, online or broadcast.
What do you do? @glamourama
That sounds really cool. I was most recently writing news stories for a Sydney Morning Herald supplement but I'm starting a new job in two weeks for a Government agency. I'll send you a PM.

I was thinking of going to Hawaii in the next couple of years, never been! SO JEALOUS haha i don't think I would come back! LOL Hoping big brother is not cancelled next year, decided to go back to Fiji over xmas not start of next year, so hoping I will be in Australia to audition, doubt i will ever make it on the show! just have so much fun at the auditions, the best fun haha! I got lost In N.C last time i went, people could not speak english we met to ask for help, freaked out. felt like we were on survivor/ the amazing race LOLS Most people in city area do speak english, we went way out in the middle of no where to a nice beach haha! Good times :)
You should go! It's like Fiji on steroids.

Haha have you travelled to Europe etc? Or America?

I never thought of that tbh and yeah I can see how this would annoy people who work hard. It's almost like you have to do something outrageous to get noticed rather than actually doing anything of note. Though radio work like what some do, kyle comes to mind, does he have qualifications? No offence but I did not expect him to have any if I am honest.

exactly right - it's about being a personality nowadays and not actually being a proper interviewer.

that
You should go! It's like Fiji on steroids.

Haha have you travelled to Europe etc? Or America?
sounds EPIC! I have been all over Europe, was born in Finland! go visit family when I can, mainly just cousins over there now! so beautiful, LOVE the crazy cold weather hahaha! Always wanted to Visit New York, my dream holiday!!!! Need to start saving asap!! haha don't think i would come back after NYC adventures x

that

sounds EPIC! I have been all over Europe, was born in Finland! go visit family when I can, mainly just cousins over there now! so beautiful, LOVE the crazy cold weather hahaha! Always wanted to Visit New York, my dream holiday!!!! Need to start saving asap!! haha don't think i would come back after NYC adventures x
Omg, shut up I'm half Finnish! I never meet anyone with a Finnish background.

Omg, shut up I'm half Finnish! I never meet anyone with a Finnish background.
hahaha that is weird! Awesome, I have a crazy large finnish family with 2 Australian born! LOVE helsinki, beautiful city x my family looks like the children of the corn LOLS all really blonde hair, blue eyes etc! hahaha yay! Never thought I'd meet another finnish person on here! rad x

hahaha that is weird! Awesome, I have a crazy large finnish family with 2 Australian born! LOVE helsinki, beautiful city x my family looks like the children of the corn LOLS all really blonde hair, blue eyes etc! hahaha yay! Never thought I'd meet another finnish person on here! rad x
Terve!

Haha that's hilarious. Helsinki is awesome, I spent a week by myself there two years ago and loved it.

Yeah all of my Dad's siblings and him are tall, tanned and blonde hair.

Can you speak Finnish fluently? I know the basics and all the swear words haha

Karelian pasties are amazing, i'm obsessed with them.

Terve!

Haha that's hilarious. Helsinki is awesome, I spent a week by myself there two years ago and loved it.

Yeah all of my Dad's siblings and him are tall, tanned and blonde hair.

Can you speak Finnish fluently? I know the basics and all the swear words haha

Karelian pasties are amazing, i'm obsessed with them.
runkkari, hahaha I know heaps of swear words and a few basic words, LOLS OMG I grew up on Karelian Pasties, incredibly delicious! Love them, My grandmother cooks so much finnish food all the time here in AUstralia, everytime i visit her, we have like a buffet hahaha she likes to keep us well fed!

runkkari, hahaha I know heaps of swear words and a few basic words, LOLS OMG I grew up on Karelian Pasties, incredibly delicious! Love them, My grandmother cooks so much finnish food all the time here in AUstralia, everytime i visit her, we have like a buffet hahaha she likes to keep us well fed!
And finnish Pulla bread OMG LOVE!!!! hahaha my favourite dishes are Kukkakaalilaatikko, and
riisipuuroa :)

Taking a deep breathe and going 'thank god that god awful season worth of abuse by ch9 is over.

They won't be able to PISS ME OFF anymore with their crap scheduling, viewer disregard and what not. I've only just TOLERATED this season really, so when it's over it'll be great... I'll probably be gaming and reading more after the season finishes.

Back