Skip to main content

So... Back in forever?

Kingston is right there as well. Not everyone has Foxtel in Australia. So putting it on Foxtel would leave a lot of fans without any BB at all. All we can hope for now is that Ten Seven OR nine decide to renew it.

I really don't know too many people who would have stayed in his position for as long as he had if he wasn't on board with the direction the show went in...
Are you suggesting he should have left if he wasn't happy with the direction or that nine should have let him go if they weren't happy with the direction AM wanted to take the show.

Are you suggesting he should have left if he wasn't happy with the direction or that nine should have let him go if they weren't happy with the direction AM wanted to take the show.

WOULD HAVE... NOT SHOULD HAVE... The fact that Alex stayed on as EP for as long as he did is a pretty clear indication that he was completely onboard with the direction the show was going in... The fact that Alex was so quick to find a new job after Nine had cancelled BB is also another strong indication that he didn't need to stay with BB... He CHOSE to stay which in turn backs up my initial argument that he was completely ok with Nine's vision...

I know lots of you disliked Alex, but if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have had Big Brother back on TV.
Yes Ch 9 had their vision for it to be Family and it didn't work. Alex was trying to get ch9 to open up but they we in control. He got told what he could do and what he couldn't do.

I am sure you will find out that Alex had a 3 year contract so it wasn't him ditching it getting out. Alex was pushing for the Celeb BB and it was all go until Ch9 decided to do Celeb Apprentice.

Now Alex has moved onto I'm a Celebrity on Ch10, in the future there is potential that Ch10 could revive it and revive it to the potential it had pre Ch9 Family days.

I know lots of you disliked Alex, but if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have had Big Brother back on TV.
Yes Ch 9 had their vision for it to be Family and it didn't work. Alex was trying to get ch9 to open up but they we in control. He got told what he could do and what he couldn't do.

I am sure you will find out that Alex had a 3 year contract so it wasn't him ditching it getting out. Alex was pushing for the Celeb BB and it was all go until Ch9 decided to do Celeb Apprentice.

Now Alex has moved onto I'm a Celebrity on Ch10, in the future there is potential that Ch10 could revive it and revive it to the potential it had pre Ch9 Family days.

The question is though when is it going to be revived? And will it even be revived?

I CAN'T! I JUST CAN'T! If he was as involved with the revival as you're implying then he knew from the start what the arrangement was going to be like... The fact that he tried to encourage change after the fact really is irrelevant... At some point in the process Alex gave his endorsement and stuck by the show even when the ship was sinking... In all conscious I can't sit here and give the guy credit for his own incompetence...

I'm not trying to question what you're saying here but where is this coming from? Alex? Or were you witness to all of this? If it's Alex I'm a bit skeptical... I really don't trust the man as far as I can throw him and feel that this is likely just more lip service... It's WAY too easy for him to say what he's saying and get sympathy... Just like the live feed issue when the math is done it just doesn't add up... And once again the fact that you say he was fighting to have Nine produce a celebrity series really does solidify my argument that he was completely onboard with things... I mean if the relationship was really as bad as you say it was I can't get my head around why he'd push of a renewal if he wasn't supportive of their direction?

The contract issue is also irrelevant... Contracts are broken all the time and if he truly wanted to leave it would have been a lot easier for him than you're letting on... Also a non-compete clause in the contract may have restricted his job prospects for a period of time but not all TV projects would be in direct competition... So even if there was one it's not as if a non-compete could keep him from working as long as there wasn't a conflicting interest...

As for another potential revival... With so much wasted potential the last time around I can't fathom why anyone would want to give him a second chance... He had three series and that's enough... It's time to step aside...

The question is though when is it going to be revived? And will it even be revived?

The key word in what @Goon said is that there is POTENTIAL... Even if there are discussions going on currently it is likely just as the CBB talks were... Idle chatter... There's no way in hell they've got potential dates or a clear decision to move forward or not... Given the information that's out there right now it's impossible that talks are anything more... And who says there are even talks... @Goon said POTENTIAL which doesn't confirm anything...

If you want my VERY generous opinion I'd say mid to late 2017 at the very earliest... With a more solid estimate by late 2016...

Last edited:
Kingston, an interesting turn on the Australian TV scene is Optus buying English Premier League broadcast rights. That might sound unrelated...but they do not actually broadcast right now. Presumably it will be net delivered, but there is now one broadcaster throwing money and needing content for launch.

Kingston is right there as well. Not everyone has Foxtel in Australia. So putting it on Foxtel would leave a lot of fans without any BB at all. All we can hope for now is that Ten Seven OR nine decide to renew it.
That is why I think a Foxtel/Ten Gogglebox style tie up could work really well - splits the cost across two channels and you'd still get all the shows on Ten, including the live shows. The Daily Show would be on a Foxtel channel earlier in the evening than on Ten, but if you're a fan a couple of hours won't harm.

Kingston, an interesting turn on the Australian TV scene is Optus buying English Premier League broadcast rights. That might sound unrelated...but they do not actually broadcast right now. Presumably it will be net delivered, but there is now one broadcaster throwing money and needing content for launch.

Two very different demographics... BB isn't even in the same league as Premiership Football... And as I said before the nature of BB doesn't suit an online only format...

That is why I think a Foxtel/Ten Gogglebox style tie up could work really well - splits the cost across two channels and you'd still get all the shows on Ten, including the live shows. The Daily Show would be on a Foxtel channel earlier in the evening than on Ten, but if you're a fan a couple of hours won't harm.

Fans could barely follow the show to a later time-slot on Nine... What makes you think they'd be willing to wait for a delayed broadcast on Ten?

This is one thing that "looks" great on paper but would fall apart logistically in execution...

The key word in what @Goon said is that there is POTENTIAL... Even if there are discussions going on currently it is likely just as the CBB talks were... Idle chatter... There's no way in hell they've got potential dates or a clear decision to move forward or not... Given the information that's out there right now it's impossible that talks are anything more... And who says there are even talks... @Goon said POTENTIAL which doesn't confirm anything...

If you want my VERY generous opinion I'd say mid to late 2017 at the very earliest... With a more solid estimate by late 2016...

So you do think it could eventually return?

So you do think it could eventually return?

Sorry I should clarify what I meant... The estimated dates I gave were ONLY if there are actually rumblings around Ten about a possible revival going on... And ONLY if there's potential that it might move forward... I should also clarify that I said those estimations were VERY generous...

Honestly I really couldn't care less if it never came back... Or at least not in the same form we've all come to know over the last 14 years... I've said it many times before here that BB should be completely retooled and rebooted under a new name... The BB name has been dragged through the mud enough... With talk of Alex being somehow involved with yet another BB revival things can only get worse... And that's not to say I honestly think anyone else would do the show justice either... At this point I really can't see a way for the show to move forward given it's tarnished reputation... The only way things are really going to improve is by completely wiping the slate clean and starting with something fresh, new, and exciting...

Last edited:
If, if. Maybe, maybe. Possibly, might, somehow, somewhere, something.

The reality is - nobody f@#king knows for sure.

:rolleyes: :bang: :rage:

I've not claimed once in this thread to have all the answers...
I think BB as we know it is doomed. When they replaced reality TV with Cat and Dog Youtube clips, it outrated the expensive original. Only Channel 10 are in the position to try and they are going the (cheaper) I'm a Celebrity route. There are three times more digital channels than when BB had a budget.

Last edited:
But I guess yours is the only valid one, right?

Who said that? Not me...

I think BB as we know it is doomed. When they replaced reality TV with Cat and Dog Youtube clips, it outrated the expensive original. Only Channel 10 are in the position to try and they are going the I'm a Celebrity route. There are three times more digital channels than when BB had a budget.

There might be a lot more entertainment options out there but competition from the likes of YouTube and FB really aren't as dire as you make them out to be...

And who's to say that Ten couldn't have both shows?

If TBL Families continues to rate low it could be axed and maybe channel 10 might consider big brother. Let's face it, biggest loser has to be axed soon. I think next year channel ten will maybe bring it back if TBL continues not to work. However who's not to say that nine might even bring it back next year however at 8:40 once again. The show could even be axed forever for all we know. I personally hope it comes back. However I'm I can't decide if I think it will ever come back or not. If it does come back I don't think it will be until 2016-2017. If it gets to 2018-2019 and it's not back then I think that's when we give up hope.

Back