Skip to main content

Season 1 reunion

Brekkie

Staff member
The cast of the first Aussie season have had a reunion 20 years on back on location.

Always thought it would be interesting if one version of Big Brother or Survivor could do a reunion series - rather than All Stars invite the entire cast back of one season (ideally the first) to play again a couple of decades on.

Miraculously there were still remnants of the show 21 years later, with fire pits at the tribe camps still there, pieces of the tribal council set, tree mail at Kadina, shells used for eating and even a boat that the Aurora camp used for shelter.

Jebus, grubby Channel Nine not cleaning up their crap afterwards.

Jebus, grubby Channel Nine not cleaning up their crap afterwards.
I watched a few episodes of it somewhere and everything about it seemed cut and run. I mean apparently Nine was only producing the series because it was part of their contract for the rights to the American series.

I watched a few episodes of it somewhere and everything about it seemed cut and run. I mean apparently Nine was only producing the series because it was part of their contract for the rights to the American series.
Yeah it was an obligation. No idea why they chose such a bleak locale for it, though. When the first challenge failed because the wind was blowing their fires sideways, they should have extended the shoot a day and tried again. From Day 1 it was a train wreck. To think we missed out of US S4 for that, at the time.

Back