Skip to main content

"Scripted Reality": House Hunters

timmy

BEEUUUUWWW!!
Awesome site donor
I was reading this 2012 blog entry abut House Hunters International. The writer took part in an episode in Taiwan. He reveals that most of the participants in the show already live in the apartment they later "choose" on the show. His friend player the part of a real estate agent in his ep because they couldn't find one that spoke English lol. Have a read:

https://xpatmatt.com/house-hunters-international-is-fake-so-what/ (read the comments as well)

I'm toying with appearing on the show. you get paid for it, and also free meals etc. I could pretend to look for an apartment in Phnom Penh and eventually choose my place! Would be good for a laugh. I could get a Cambodian friend to tag along with me, and I'm sure one of my real estate agents would be happy to take part as well.

I had always had this suspicion about the US based version where they buy the properties. I mean, really, they only show you three houses and have to buy one of them? Seriously. Still it's entertaining to watch.

When I think about shows like Big Brother, it was obvious that by dropping the live streams they could then manipulate the entire show and storyline because there was no longer any transparency, just like Survivor where contestants have later spilled what really happened in certain situations.

Should I apply? Would you? What do you think about fake scripted reality?

..bwahaha!... I'd watch it for sure my friend... one one condition... that your puppet makes a cameo appearance in it too lol!... but seriously... it would be so great to see you do it so that you can give us all the inside goss on how 'Reality TV shows REALLY ARE lol!... do it!...do it for sure my friend... cheers.

You should do this @timmydownawell ......I regularly watch HHI....when it is an interesting place, and when it is about Oz
It seems to be one of the better produced travel/come housing type shows about.
They seem to treat participants with decency and respect.
I could care less that it is part scripted/illusionary/whatever, it is well done and would promote your place
The episodes we get are VERY old....still love seeing how different cultures build/buy/rent/live

You should do this @timmydownawell ......I regularly watch HHI....when it is an interesting place, and when it is about Oz
It seems to be one of the better produced travel/come housing type shows about.
They seem to treat participants with decency and respect.
I could care less that it is part scripted/illusionary/whatever, it is well done and would promote your place
The episodes we get are VERY old....still love seeing how different cultures build/buy/rent/live

I might give it a shot, especially if they'd fly me back to Australia to film my "goodbye" shots with my sister/friends lol. Would be fun to take part in taping of a show, and a little cash on the side wouldn't hurt.

Back