Skip to main content

Saturday Showdown - 3 August 2013

Is there a Sunday daily show? I was under the impression that Sunday is the new Saturday and that there would be no BB content airing to give the production team a "day off". A whole day of content has been effectively replaced with this horrendous showdown, meaning we are losing out. I don't even know who these housemates are yet. By comparison, after watching only a few days of BBUK, I already had favourites and people I disliked. Our shows are inconsistent in length, don't air frequently enough and don't seem to have much of a flow or a clear narrative. The content delivered via the official site is weak and insufficient. There is simply too much going on in that house that we will never know about.

I understand that the Channel 9 schedule is busy, but Big Brother is a show that demands regular and in depth content and if they can't deliver that through the main channel or the website, then they need to be utilising their multichannels better. Tonight on GO, there are Big Bang theory repeats and movie repeats. They could be using that to deliver additional content, and demographic targeted content (aka Big Brother content that doesn't need to be sanitized for children), but they aren't even willing to try these things. They make too many poor excuses for it and try to avoid answering any relevant questions. I am becoming convinced that Channel 9 do not know how to do Big Brother - it's all just wasted potential.

Is there a Sunday daily show? I was under the impression that Sunday is the new Saturday and that there would be no BB content airing to give the production team a "day off". A whole day of content has been effectively replaced with this horrendous showdown, meaning we are losing out. I don't even know who these housemates are yet. By comparison, after watching only a few days of BBUK, I already had favourites and people I disliked. Our shows are inconsistent in length, don't air frequently enough and don't seem to have much of a flow or a clear narrative. The content delivered via the official site is weak and insufficient. There is simply too much going on in that house that we will never know about.

I understand that the Channel 9 schedule is busy, but Big Brother is a show that demands regular and in depth content and if they can't deliver that through the main channel or the website, then they need to be utilising their multichannels better. Tonight on GO, there are Big Bang theory repeats and movie repeats. They could be using that to deliver additional content, and demographic targeted content (aka Big Brother content that doesn't need to be sanitized for children), but they aren't even willing to try these things. They make too many poor excuses for it and try to avoid answering any relevant questions. I am becoming convinced that Channel 9 do not know how to do Big Brother - it's all just wasted potential.
Love love love love love love love love love love LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!

Repost it in the Week 1 review thread!

There should have definitely been a Daily Show at least. Even if it had to be 30 minutes.

That arena looked so small, they will be really limited in the kind of events they put on in this show. That and the shorter length make it look like a budget version of Friday Night Live.

That arena looked so small, they will be really limited in the kind of events they put on in this show. That and the shorter length make it look like a budget version of Friday Night Live.
That's exactly what it is though.

Boring prizes.

And if Showdown is only going for 4 weeks, what's the point?

So it's even more of a half-assed thing than I originally thought.

And the nominations superpower = nominations twist changed each week according to who the producers may wish to favour. The power in the past used to be much more powerful anyway, like saving a HM and replacing them with someone else.

this show not being live, allows more time for the games, they can play out longer :)

It didn't turn out like that as it seemed so short and had fewer games.

Yeah but I wonder if they will do the old HM Hand Grenade seeing as though the superpower is no longer a 'parting gift'

The hand grenade is probably too tough for anything they would do now.

The best edited games were probably where they were wrapped up and trying to stand and the card building game, the others seemed more disjointed. And considering it wasn't even live that made it seem even more amateur.

I'll also miss where they bring back the evicted HM for a discussion, they also used to do that on the nominations show as well. I'm sure that won't happen on this, there wouldn't be the time.

Wow Cade! You are truly an Encyclopedia BBtanica!

Ask me about geography or maths and you'll get nothing, but BB names, I know 'em all haha. Too bad it's nothing I can spin into a career! I'm one of those people whose brain keeps useless facts, music chart positions from the 80s, reality contestant names etc...

Yeah I imagine them all running out there whooping and just stopping dead in their tracks when they see how it's just another shoebox sized room in the house.Capture.JPG

So from what I can gather this thing was shit? Shittier than the original?
Fixed winner? Unfair? Just crap???

And smaller scale crap?

Was there any point to it at all? Did you observe anything new about any HMs? Or 9s favourite's etc?

Nobody has done a recap, and I was out. Oh and what did they win?

They won $5,000. Plus a night in the Presidential Suite.

I didn't mind it. Hosts Mike and Michael were stiff and/or nervous. Shelley was her usual self, so ground a few teeth down watching that aspect. The games were lame, but varied - some brawn, some brains. Matt won. He took Caleb in. They were wooping with excitement at their room and its fittings and that they got a soft bed to sleep on (waterbed, circular) and hot water, nice food later I assume, and a glass of champagne or wine, and so on.

Thanks, so as I assumed, missed nothing, saved myself from sickly Shelley & smelly Michael:)

Back