Skip to main content

Ryan never applied?

Wasn't Josh(2012) reporting the BB auditions for Nova, and they chose him?
That's right.

Seriously, Big Brother is losing all credibility. Isn't the purpose of it to be a social experiment putting strangers in a house together? Chosen for their personalities. Not due to the fact they are friends with a previous housemate or lived with one. Either Alex M doesn't care anymore or he's just lazy.

That's right.

Seriously, Big Brother is losing all credibility. Isn't the purpose of it to be a social experiment putting strangers in a house together? Chosen for their personalities. Not due to the fact they are friends with a previous housemate or lived with one. Either Alex M doesn't care anymore or he's just lazy.

Totally agree.

And I know this is a bit off-topic, but when did strategy and gameplay become so acceptable in the house? I seem to remember a time when, if I got a whiff of strategic playing or "I think I can win," I'd be very dirty on said housemate.

What happened to the housemates just being themselves, warts and all, regardless of what people thought about them? Sure it's game they want to win, but I don't remember them being so blatant in the past.

This feels more like Big Bastardised Brother.
:depressed:

That's right.

This isn't your big brother Australia anymore. The network is cutting costs and trying hard for numbers in the key demographics. That's my opinion, just a major focus shift from last year.

I don't know, with a money prize involved, and all the contrived tasks, etc, was it ever just about a social experiment. I haven't watched much of the U.S. show, because the contestants are generally vile, but I doubt people have pretended it is a social experiment, except maybe at the beginning.

The Fox show Utopia, which is hanging on by a thread, is a social experiment with no prize, no tasks, etc and it is just a boring show about a struggling small commune. Not fun to watch and very little eye candy. The idea of a social experiment show is pretty much over as far as I can tell.

People might claim to want to go for the experience, and maybe some do, the way they might go on a trip or an adventure for the experience.

And, yes, in the U.S., people try out for reality shows and get cast on others.

This years house is anything but vanilla, they chose a bunch of stereotypes, 2012 now thats some vanilla
I didn't see that season. Whether they are vanilla or not, none of them have much charm or appeal for me.
I have hope for this new lot, even much better if they come in with new rules.

I C ...... so if you want to get on Big Brother what you have to do is find a buddy then apply for another reality TV show & wait for the call.....

I feel sorry for peeps who actually apply to be on BB coz its just a waste of time... you're just extra's in a minor part of the Big Brother production - the audition ....

I C ...... so if you want to get on Big Brother what you have to do is find a buddy then apply for another reality TV show & wait for the call.....

I feel sorry for peeps who actually apply to be on BB coz its just a waste of time... you're just extra's in a minor part of the Big Brother production - the audition ....
Maybe you should just apply to every reality show that Nine has in hopes that they move you over to BB and If you happen to get cast on another show you can go ahead and do it or decline.

I didn't see that season. Whether they are vanilla or not, none of them have much charm or appeal for me.
I have hope for this new lot, even much better if they come in with new rules.

You are right about the charm, i can't gravitate to anyone for long, this whole season has been 1 step forward 5 back.

To be honest though, the Big Brother audition process is pretty dated, or at the very least I don't think the design works as well as they think, so I don't really blame them for looking at their other shows to try and find people. Although as per usual that's just laziness on their part and they should be reevaluating the BB auditions, but yeah.

I've concluded the Australian big brother audition process is mostly a PR tour for the show, with the hope they may find one amazing needle in a haystack out of the entire bunch. But that amazing person has to be insanely good looking and appealing.

A question though - do the people who get in from connections feel like they have an in with production, so they don't have to try hard to be entertaining, or that they can gang up and be mean to outsiders?

I wonder if you have to really fight for your spot if you try to give more to the show?

That's right.

The whole idea of BB being a social experiment was really strong right in its first seasons, in the early 2000s. But with its new incarnation on channel 9, it's moved far from that original idea (as has BBUK). But that's fine. It's totally reasonable to expect a TV show will have evolved over 13 years. But I don't like that the show keeps on with the line about it being a social experiment. What does the "experiment" prove? Put fit 20-somethings in a confined space with alcohol and they'll eventually hook up? Sounds legit. Where's my Ph.D?

Back