Skip to main content

Ryan, come on now.

Brent

"I just can't believe 11 adults can't just have a conversation it's ridiculous" or something along those lines was said by Ryan.

Uhm, ok did you not start that shit with Travis? you were the one that caused the drama that night.

To keep crapping on that "oh it's just words" - you clearly don't think they are if you keep whinging about it to every housemate.

Uneducated bogan? Yeah I dislike Travis as much as the next person, but threatening physical violence like you're in primary school is pathetic.

I thought it was fair that Ryan got pissed. I mean he did grew up with sisters so naturally he would have reacted like that. What I found lame is how..

He called Travis an uneducated Bogan. I hear people say that a lot in real life to describe ppl they don't like. And it's silly because education doesn't even have anything to do with it. Just because someone went to uni doesn't mean that they will make smart decisions on have good reasoning lol take for example kat.. she has two degree but reasoned that cheating isn't all that bad lol. Besides, doesn't Ryan study art?

And Travis looked so genuine when he apologize and admitted where he went wrong. But Ryan was so pussy when he took a jab and said on the outside they wouldn't be friends. You can see Travis' heart breaking right away. It's a pussy as jab at someone. Talk about making it personal lol. Pussy as ferk lol

That "uneducated bogan" line was pretty damnable for Ryan. A lot of people are not going to like that! It suggests that he's sees entire sections of the community inferior to himself.

Different people might mean slightly different things when they say the word "bogan", but now that you've heard him say it... what do you think his opinion is of people in low skill jobs, or who have limited literacy, or just people who for whatever reason come across as less complicated than some? Do people have to have tertiary qualifications to be considered worthy in Ryan's eyes?

"Bogan" is a derogatory and discriminatory word, in the same way as derogatory racist words, or homophobic words (we've all heard them too many times already, so I won't give examples). The only difference is that "bogan" is used in class discrimination.

Ryan was awful last night, I finally understand why he's friends with Matt.

It was an enjoyable fight, though, because both Trav and Ryan have said things along the lines of "I'm a man and men don't get emotional," and then suddenly this dramatic nonsense?
Children.

Trav makes an easy target for a bully like Ryan as he struggles with his diction and thought processing to come up with clever things to say to defend himself.

Can't stand bullies who pick on easy targets.

Just goes to show ... being intelligent and having a good heart are not mutually exclusive.

Trav makes an easy target for a bully like Ryan as he struggles with his diction and thought processing to come up with clever things to say to defend himself.

Just goes to show ... being intelligent and having a good heart are not mutually exclusive.
Totally agree with you. I liked Ryan until this.

Travis is an emotional young man who wears his heart on his sleeve so yeah that type of person is easily baited and to me that's totally unfair that Ryan instigated the whole thing and then manipulated Travis into thinking he was the bad guy. Travis is just genuine and doesn't like to hide who he is. I respect Travis more now than ever.

^So agree. Loved everything that you said. And while it seems he struggles with his vocabulary, I don't think he's as thick as some of the house say he is. In fact, his delivery and the content is coming across really well.

I respect Travis more now than ever.

That's the silly thing.
Ryan's built up a considerable fanbase over the last couple of weeks, and he completely shattered it in that one argument.
Not only did he alienate half his fanbase, though, he also basically handed them straight over to Travis.
Because Travis handled himself so well, and Ryan still had to hit him with "We wouldn't be friends on the outside," and when Ryan saw how upset it made him, he did nothing to make his words seem less harsh (unlike Travis, who did everything he could to make up for his harsh words, which btw were warranted).
Smh, he thinks he's super clever because he's able to bully the house idiot into submission, but he's just made it clear to everyone on the outside that he's a complete asshole.
AND he raised David's popularity a little by giving him an opportunity to show his ability to empathise, as well.
He's an idiot.

Btw.. did anyone notice the look on Sam's face during all this? I think he 100% knew just how stupid a move Ryan was making. You could just about see the cogs turning as Sam thought about it.

Btw.. did anyone notice the look on Sam's face during all this? I think he 100% knew just how stupid a move Ryan was making. You could just about see the cogs turning as Sam thought about it.
Yea sam was pretty quiet. It's good sam stopped Ryan from doing whatever he was gona do to Travis.

Back