Skip to main content

Richie Strahan is the new Bachelor!

no idea ...

but

The Bachelor Australia 2016 Auditions Requirements:
Below are the auditions requirements:

• Single men (aged between 27 and 35) and single women (aged between 22 and 35)
  • Everyone who signs up must be comfortable to be filmed for 12 weeks which roughly commence in March of 2016.

so everyone in Sydney on the lookout for Richie sightings from here on in ...

I wonder if Tully will apply? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bored:

I really liked Richie before he sold out and got all famewhorey. Once these reality show peeps start hanging out together it's like the thirst rubs off on each other. Anyway, I'm sure he'll find someone nice because I do think ultimately he's a good guy. A new Bach couple couldn't possibly be more thirsty than Sam and Snez.......could they?

Cool bananas, I guess. Definitely better than another Blake.

Tully Smyth ‏@tee_smyth 1h1 hour ago

Wishing this mega babe all the best as the new @TheBachelorAU. Go get 'em @richie_strahan!
1f618.png

CdI8-1_UUAAqm8A.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1457574263][/DOUBLEPOST]oops sorry - had that sitting ready to send and got distracted ... by actual work!! OMG!!

I initially thought uggh, he's not very edgy, but I'm warming to the idea. His homeliness will get biologcal clocks ticking in double time, and the female suitors get extra possessive and catty when he's identifiably future husband material. I can't quite see him maintaining eye contact when he breaks hearts, though. It'll be good having a Bachelor not trying to sell something or forge an awkward radio career for a change.

Sigh I'll probably have to do catch-up online since I work nights these days.

By the way, not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, but I saw Richie in some Perth property ad on TV the other day, haha.

I initially thought uggh, he's not very edgy, but I'm warming to the idea. His homeliness will get biologcal clocks ticking in double time, and the female suitors get extra possessive and catty when he's identifiably future husband material. I can't quite see him maintaining eye contact when he breaks hearts, though. It'll be good having a Bachelor not trying to sell something or forge an awkward radio career for a change.

Anyone better than Sam!

YAY Richie! They might have to train him how to lose his cool banana/s. Awkies.

Sam Frost: ‘I pushed for Richie to become the next Bachelor’
MARCH 10, 20163:34PM
cc4282f79cddf8f18ed3c1a8dee257e1

Sam Frost said she was desperate for Richie to get the gig.

alison-stephenson.png

Alison Stephensonnews.com.au@Ali_Stephenson_
SAM Frost says she encouraged producers to cast Richie Strahan as their next Bachelor after (almost) falling in love with him on the Bachelorette.

Speaking on her Rove & Sam breakfast show on Hit 104.1 2DayFM this morning, Frost says she was “so excited” to find out the Western Australian rope access technician had gotten the gig.

“I pushed for him to become the Bachelor to the producers,” she told her listeners.

“He is so lovely and he was on The Bachelorette for the right reasons and I could tell you half of them might not have been.

“He’s very genuine and he does want to fall in love and he deserves to shine. Australia needs to see how beautiful he is inside and out and I’m so, so, so excited about it. I think it’s fantastic, Richie, you’re a superstar if you’re listening.”

d0d35baa419927d942158e99704de2c5

Sam Frost, with Richie Strahan, her second runner-up and Sasha Mielczarek, her now boyfriend.Source:Channel 10

Viewers of The Bachelorette were very aware of Richie’s shy side and his difficulty in sometimes being able to express himself, but the radio host says it’s actually one of his best qualities.

“He might be a bit awkward, but that’s endearing and I think that’s a nice quality instead of being arrogant and cocky,” she added. “He’s loveable, I think it’s a really great thing and I think he’ll be an incredible Bachelor.”

And to any potential Bachelorettes applying for the show, watch out, because Frost is already on your case.

4b766b303c7cc2a0fe3c36a8a0764a09

Channel Ten's new Bachelor Richie Strahan. Picture: Channel TenSource:Channel 10

02c208fa513f083f949b80ee938b12e0

Strahan should have no problem with ladies wanting the chance to meet him.Source:Instagram

“Let me tell you, if you want to get your claws into Richie, you better not be one of those opportunists, you better be doing it for the right reasons,” she said like a protective big sister.

“You better be doing it because you think ‘I really want to fall in love’, because guess what, when you’ve done your radio interviews like every Bachelorette does, when you come into S-Fro’s studio, I am going to grill you. I’m going to make sure you’re doing it for the right reasons, you actually genuinely like him, and you’re not just doing it to try and benefit off it and boost your profile like some people might.”

And having been through the process herself, the 26-year-old has some advice for Strahan when he meets his potential girlfriends.

“Follow your intuition and follow your heart. I know it sounds really cliche, but you can get caught up with people saying things in your ear, saying ‘this person’s incredible and this person’s incredible’ but you have to stand your ground and go ‘no, I like so and so and let me like that person’”.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...r/news-story/ed19bd107a5401db278a92680380333c

Back