Skip to main content

Request Nine do more 90 min episodes

M

Matt725

30 mins simply not long enough. 60 mins good but tonight's 90 min episode might be the best one so far.
Really enjoyed the episode shown tonight.

Ed's brother coming in was good. Maybe he should have come in with his brother to begin with.
Tahan's mother coming in was great.

Overall this episode like none before it showed them not as two sides but one group which I really liked.

Jade not so bad and everyone starting to gel together rather well.
Maddy can go, offers not much to the house.

When Maddy goes I think we may see the best of BB for this season.

Tim and Drew need to communicate more. Diary room it all came out and cleared the air.

I'd be quite happy for the final six to stay there until the final of the show when one after the other get evicted on the final day of the show. They will all gel well together.

Since Mikk left we see Ed and Jade talking and doing things with Tahan. The whole dynamic of the house has changed for the better. Think it will be that much better when Maddy goes.

One bonus of moving the evictions to Wednesdays is the 90 minute weekend round up. 30 minutes isn't enough for the daily, but I do think the 90 minute editions can drag a bit sometime - 60 is the ideal.

I agree. Monday nights show was one of the most entertaining so far this year. This task is great and brings a lot of entertainment.

its 3 days worth of content so essentially just 3x30 min episodes.

i enjoyed the show but mostly because BB is starving and tormenting them.

I've enjoyed the Monday shows the last few weeks because of the fact it is three days in one episode. It's a nice change of pace to see something happen at the end of one day, then after the break see the fallout from the following day, rather than having to wait 24 hours to see it.

The 90 minute episodes we used to get on a Thursday would always drag. 90 minutes = good for multiple days of footage, 90 minutes = bad for a single day of footage.

The 90 minute episodes we used to get on a Thursday would always drag. 90 minutes = good for multiple days of footage, 90 minutes = bad for a single day of footage.

Agreed. Last night's episode was one of the best yet, but it was 3 days full of footage. I think there would be a lot more good footage if they were not on staples. They are lacking energy as they don't have enough proper food. The task does help, but we have gotten used to lame tasks that show no value or entertainment to us as a viewer. Also, all of a sudden a good task comes along and we are loving the show (not that we weren't before, there is just much less complaints on here than usual!)

Last edited:
Monday night is good having 1.5 hours because of no BB over the weekend but every other night should be 60 minutes and Friday as 30 minutes. I quite like the quick BB on Friday.

I used to love the 90 min episodes. The more the better! But lately they feel like they are dragging on, 60 is plenty. I do, however, think 90 minutes is necessary for Monday night to be able to recap the weekend more efficiently.

Lasts night ep was great though.

So to conclude... I don't know how I feel...

I hope they keep the mid-week evictions next year if it comes back. Having Monday solely devoted to weekend footage has been one of the better changes they've made, and it's the first time in 10 series that weekend footage hasn't been mixed in with either an eviction show or a nominations show.

its 3 days worth of content so essentially just 3x30 min episodes.

i enjoyed the show but mostly because BB is starving and tormenting them.

I think the starving is self inflicted. Lots of bb casts have been faced with staples, or for Jade stables, but they just went through them way too fast.

I suspect that they had more than enough to get through the week but just used up all the food. Pretty ironic on the week miki leaves.

I think the starving is self inflicted. Lots of bb casts have been faced with staples, or for Jade stables, but they just went through them way too fast.

I suspect that they had more than enough to get through the week but just used up all the food. Pretty ironic on the week miki leaves.

Could also be that they restricted the staples on purpose so that when the KFC came in they got really excited because they were starving. Tim's crying because he was so happy will rake in millions for KFC. I hope KFC gives Tim a bonus wad of money for that scene alone. The show will do more of these placement ads which advertisers love. Youtube has people making a packet load of money from placement ads.

KFC not exactly good for the human body. I think if I was in there I would take the KFC back in for real food as many may get stomach aches the next day for eating such fatty food as KFC after eating not much at all for a while.

Another great idea of a thread, kudos [MENTION=36536]Matt725[/MENTION]. I just hope we can get some recognition for this out there but we are only a small audience here compared to the masses of viewing public. It should have been a 90 minute segment for the beginning and I don't mind if they have to move the segment to a later time so long as it happens. It will allow us to gain a better insight of the HMs and not just clips of the best/worst moments here and there

Another great idea of a thread, kudos [MENTION=36536]Matt725[/MENTION]. I just hope we can get some recognition for this out there but we are only a small audience here compared to the masses of viewing public. It should have been a 90 minute segment for the beginning and I don't mind if they have to move the segment to a later time so long as it happens. It will allow us to gain a better insight of the HMs and not just clips of the best/worst moments here and there

I taped tonight's episode which I just played back and 60 mins was good too. 90 mins would be better.
With these longer episodes we just don't see as much of the nasty stuff and more of the more enjoyable moments in the BB house which quite frankly I prefer.

I would like to see them do an up late show like 10 did for 2 hours in the evening.

With these longer episodes I'm starting to like the other housemates. Instead of just mainly Tim we get to see in depth conversations with the whole group.

Since Mikk left I've noticed Ed and even Jade spending more time with the others where before Mikk would keep Ed and Jade apart from the other group. Now there really is no group. Its one big mainly happy family. This is great tv watching. They now sit around and talk about the good times outside the BB house which we've not really seen before.

Tonight's episode we saw more of Maddy and now she has half a chance of staying. Boog's days maybe numbered.

Eviction night tomorrow. Its likely Maddy is the most likely to go but who knows. Maybe tonight's episode will see save votes go towards Maddy.

Would be interesting if Boog leaves. Drew would have no one he confides in with Boog.
Maddy likely to go. Tim seems more attracted to Maddy. Will Maddy going put Tim on edge or will he go back to playing the game like he was doing very well a few weeks ago.

Back