Skip to main content

Religious (or not) affiliation

Kismet

This IS me.
I don't know if this is too heavy a topic to bring up, but I for one would be interested to know of the religious (or lack there of) affiliation members here have.

As for me to start it off, I am an atheist although a former Christian.

Former Catholic, now turned Atheist. Originally we were brought up a bit more of Modern Catholics, but then my father found a Traditional Catholic church (pre-Vatican 2) and my siblings and I went to a VERY Traditional Catholic high-school.

It is part of the reason I am became an Atheist.

How is religion relevant on a forum for a TV? Seriously, what difference does it make and why is the question being asked? Are you going to change your opinions of posters when you find out their religion?

How is religion relevant on a forum for a TV? Seriously, what difference does it make and why is the question being asked? Are you going to change your opinions of posters when you find out their religion?
This thread is in the lounge, where other things beside Big brother are discussed, how is a thread about people pets or what is for dinner relevant? It's not! That is the point of the lounge. I like the idea of this thread, it could start a few interesting debates on here.

Raised presbyterian, converted to Catholic before I got married so our children would be raised the same (even though my son goes to an Anglican school haha) - agnostic in practice.

This thread is in the lounge, where other things beside Big brother are discussed, how is a thread about people pets or what is for dinner relevant? It's not! That is the point of the lounge. I like the idea of this thread, it could start a few interesting debates on here.
Ok, fair enough. It came up on my "new posts" list, I didn't realize it was in a different sub forum.
I'm sure God loves the Trans community too.
Is that supposed to be an insult? It's a pretty piss poor one if it is. I'm not insulted to be called Trans. Says a lot about you though.

Merely a thought that crossed my mind, nothing more and nothing less, unless of course you would prefer me to say my MO was to see how many people I could take with me on my next Atheist kitten-killing and baby-eating spree.. (MUHAHAHAHAHAHA:vamp:)

BTW if you NEED a tie in to BB, on Dion's arrival and in his promo stuff, talked of his atheism, so there you go.

Jingies, chill Raphael.:sleep:

To the others, thanks for your honesty. :)

I guess I must technically be Jewish since my mother was at the time of my birth and I was never christened anything else, I definitely have not been raised as such though. My mum isn't even a Jew anymore, does it still count? All of my immediate family are Catholic except for heathen me, I'm obviously not the favourite child.

After coming out of a fully blown heroin addiction I found God through doing the 12 Steps at NA. I was super duperly religious for about 6 years, did my first holy communion, worked as a volunteer in the church, became completely celibate (and I don't mean sell a bit here, or sell a bit there either) and devoted myself to God and motherhood. By the end of the 5th year I sort of felt it wasn't God making great things happen to me, it was me being pro active to change my life. I then started to believe and trust in myself more, sought educational opportunities to help with better career choices, my self esteem soared, and with that better jobs, happiness, love, better choices and self contentment came.

I think religion is a great thing. It gave me something to believe in when I was completely lost and it helped shape me to be the person (or cunt depending on who you talk to) I am today. I have nothing but respect for people of faith, I just don't happen to have one. I believe in me.

Back