• Welcome to the discussion forums. To get posting, register an account. You can also register with your Facebook or Twitter login.

reCAPTCHA is doing my head in

timmydownawell

100% Free. Apply now!
Awesome site donor
For some reason reCAPTCHA is targeting me pretty much every time I come to the site (which is a lot because I have a LOT of free time now). Yes I know it's probably because I am living in Cambodia. And presumably a lot of spam posted on forums comes from Cambodia?

And I know that the forums have basically been set free to run wild in the yard, but just in case @marquisite or @Brekkie or @Tim or someone sees this can you please, please for the love of god put me or my ISP (Digi) or Cambodia on your whitelist or something?

I don't understand why reCAPTHA is so dumb. If I have selected all the store fronts (or trees, waterfalls, bodies of water, mountains, street signs etc) and it is satisfied that I am not a bot, then why can't it remember that the next time I visit? When I select the store fronts now I visualise throwing bricks at them.

I hope someone will have mercy on me. Thanks and have a nice evening.

timmy

timmydownawell

100% Free. Apply now!
Awesome site donor
I'm currently travelling in the south of Cambodia and the problem has disappeared, although I'm not sure if it's simply because I am using a different ISP at the hotels. So if someone has fixed it for me thanks very much. And, if not, I guess I will find out when I get home in a couple of days. Will report back then.

Tim

All seeing pink butthole floating in space.
Staff member
Administrator
Captcha is still turned on because it's pretty important to cut out spam from the boards, but I've upgraded to "no captcha", which means you just have to tick a box instead of typing in what you see.

Timmy I suspect you were on a dodge ISP earlier.

timmydownawell

100% Free. Apply now!
Awesome site donor
Timmy I suspect you were on a dodge ISP earlier.
Thanks Tim. I am back at home in PP on my same ISP/connection (Digi) that I was using before and I'm not even getting the no captcha tick box either now. Not that I'm complaining.

Nice to see you again btw :)

Cheers

timmydownawell

100% Free. Apply now!
Awesome site donor
I was getting no captcha at all for a while then suddenly started getting it again, including not just 'tick the box' but selecting the rivers and storefronts etc as well.

This one is my favourite so far (and it turns out you can report for no valid solution):

timmydownawell

100% Free. Apply now!
Awesome site donor
OK so I noticed that my router was changing my IP address every 10 minutes. No idea why it was doing that. So I downloaded a firmware update for it and (fingers crossed) that will solve the problem or at least minimise it. It explains why if I spent more than 10 minutes on BBBA it would again throw CAPTCHA at me even though I was actively reading and posting.