Skip to main content

Random question about dogs in the house...

kbomb247

Remember back in season 1 when they had to get rid of the in-house dog because of the stress it was under being cooped up in small confines with cameras, lots of people etc - I wonder why there have been 4 dogs now across 3 seasons who have fitted in and adjusted well?

It completely depends on the personality and temperament of the dog as to whether they would be happy in the big brother house or not. The dogs are probably picked according to whether they are likely to fit in and be happy in such an environment.

Remember back in season 1 when they had to get rid of the in-house dog because of the stress it was under being cooped up in small confines with cameras, lots of people etc - I wonder why there have been 4 dogs now across 3 seasons who have fitted in and adjusted well?
They also had a dog named Ollie in 2008.
image.jpg

This is him in 2012 he was only a puppy when he was in the house during 2008.

Last edited:
Why TF are there dogs in the house at all? They serve no purpose whatsoever.
Animals can have massive mental and emotional benefits. Being stuck inside a house for a few months with strangers and little to no interaction with the outside world would be extremely draining. Animals provide love, comfort and affection without judgment or question. There's a few universities that provide baby animal petting zoos around exam time to help students through a stressful environment.
Delilah from 2012 was pretty famous too, they toured her around for a little while and I think it probably promoted the benefits of adopting animals rather than buying from a pet shop or breeder.

Mike Goldman said he gets to play with the dogs backstage during the live evictions.
Poor things.

I love dogs and to be fair I think BB treats them well but they are completely pointless on the show. It does seem they're only sent into the house for filming.

Poor things.

I love dogs and to be fair I think BB treats them well but they are completely pointless on the show. It does seem they're only sent into the house for filming.

Aren't they more for the HM's benefit than ours? I mean, their fridge full of food serves no purpose to us but I am sure the HM's get value out of it.

Back