Skip to main content

Priya's choices

Winterbourne

Unfallen Icarus
Priya and Katie are apparently a bad match. If she had chosen Jake instead, then I think they would make a formidable team. Jake is presumably full from late night tactical discussions with Tim, and the two of them could probably have gone far.

However, it is clear that Priya is not playing to win. She is only playing to be interesting while she is there.

Don't think it's really fair to judge Priya whether she's playing the game or not on that decision.
And I'd disagree anyhow.
People that want to win aren't worried about what other housemates will think, are themselves regardless of the situation and make decisions based on what they want rather than how they appear to the actual audience.
Did you see how Priya was speaking to Katie as well...trying to rationalize it for her.

Seriously though, I'd have trouble taking someone seriously who turned down that amount of money....especially for complete strangers at this point.
It's a week of shakes, it's crappy but it's not forever and they will adapt.
Do agree that her and Jake would have been interesting, but Priya choosing Katie has only made Katie look bad lol.

Priya IS playing the game, she proved this by taking the money. She's hoping that the public will realise she has balls and isn't afraid of what the other housemates think, thus hoping it will win her fans and save votes...
One of the only people (so far) that realises the game has changed, Praise in Prisus name

Pretty sure Priya has figured out that her winning BB is pretty slim so why not take the money - as if any HM seriously would have turn down that offer. As for playing "the game" Priya isn't alone there - all the HM's are playing "the game" one way or another.

I think she's moreso on the show for media attention rather than winning.

She did say her teaching contracts are up/down/not stable and she IS an aspiring comedian afterall so perhaps she's just trying to get enough attention to get enough gigs/snag some TV/Radio show spot

Don't think it's really fair to judge Priya whether she's playing the game or not on that decision.
And I'd disagree anyhow.
People that want to win aren't worried about what other housemates will think, are themselves regardless of the situation and make decisions based on what they want rather than how they appear to the actual audience.
Did you see how Priya was speaking to Katie as well...trying to rationalize it for her.

Exactly. I think she's playing her moments, incisively. She's not playing to suck up to the rest of the housemates, and yet she managed to massage Katie into turning her decision around by backing off in her insistence and certainty. She is playing, that's for sure!

Seriously though, I'd have trouble taking someone seriously who turned down that amount of money....especially for complete strangers at this point.
It's a week of shakes, it's crappy but it's not forever and they will adapt.
Do agree that her and Jake would have been interesting, but Priya choosing Katie has only made Katie look bad lol.

I have respect for her move. She gets $10K. Which is all she'd get as runner-up, if she made it that far into the game. And she gets to mess with everyone's heads and cause them potentially to unravel at the seams in the first week. Excellent! Win-win, for her and for us as the viewers.

I'm not a huge fan of Priya but I was impressed by the reverse psychology she used on Katie. Well played.

The only person who didn't know she was using reverse psychology was Katie.

Though Katie was always going to take the money, so she may have used full psychology on Priya.

I think she's MORE likely to win by choosing the "bad" match. If her and Katie don't get along then she gets TV time. TV time is everything, especially considering it is the only coverage we now get. I think she realised that when she made her initial decision and decided that the bad match would likely be of much better benefit to her. Are you going to get more time on screen if you're just chilling out with your partner and agree on all decisions? They got more time yesterday by having her try to talk Katie around.

I'm not even convinced Jake is going to go far at this stage. His strategy appears to be as loud as possible like Tim was. The problem for him is his shirt seems the only truly loud thing about him.

Priya IS playing the game, she proved this by taking the money. She's hoping that the public will realise she has balls and isn't afraid of what the other housemates think, thus hoping it will win her fans and save votes...
Maybe, but I think those who are afraid to take the money are the game-players...So we can give them sympathy votes and like them more/save them.

It could work the other way round too.

Priya has as much chance of winning as Estelle or Tully.

Taking the money was probably right decision, how she did it was very questionable though.

Though Katie was always going to take the money, so she may have used full psychology on Priya.

It would be great if Katie went to the diary room stating she had always wanted the $$$ and was playing psych games on Priya... That would make Priya look a bit 'full of herself' lol ....

Omg!! My thoughts exactly. I believe Katie wanted the money as much as Priya did. She was smart to be not so unapologetic about it and hence now appears to be kinder than Priya.

Prisus is serving competitive reality tv realness while the more reductive members or the house i.e. Lisa slink around making backhanded comments about people she has known for two minutes.

Y'all seem a little pressed over Prisus and ha ability to take what she wants, is entitled to and being FIERCELY unapologetic about it, even if it is at the expense of others. Katie on the other hand is ruled by her emotions rather than common sense and seems to be a bear of very little brain.

Prisus is serving competitive reality tv realness while the more reductive members or the house i.e. Lisa slink around making backhanded comments about people she has known for two minutes.

Y'all seem a little pressed over Prisus and ha ability to take what she wants, is entitled to and being FIERCELY unapologetic about it, even if it is at the expense of others. Katie on the other hand is ruled by her emotions rather than common sense and seems to be a bear of very little brain.
tumblr_mqsy97W02W1rtiw8do1_400.gif

The library is OPEN!
@MADONNA Schooling and Proof READing the people!

tumblr_lxlhdhPjkh1qkr6b6o2_500.gif

WERK.

Back