Skip to main content

Predict the next noms superpower

torifrog

Awesome site donor
So far we've seen that 3 were used previously, though a little tweaked. Let's try and guess which one will be next, or suggest new ones.

Here are the ones used last year (italics show powers used already this year - tweaking noted beside power):

In Week 4's nominations, Estelle was able to view the current nominations tally as it stood before she nominated.
In Week 5's nominations, Benjamin was given two sets of five nomination points to distribute for the week, giving him the power distribute ten points over four housemates.
In Week 6's nominations, George was given the right to view the nominations tally board as the housemates nominated, and was also allowed to void one housemates nominations for the week.
In Week 7's nominations, Layla was only permitted to give one nomination (for 6 points) but it could be for any reason at all. - tweaked to be 2/2/2 by Tully
In Week 8's nominations, Estelle was given the opportunity to listen in on the nominations of two housemates, thus influencing her subsequent nominations. - tweaked to be 3 for Ed
In Week 9's nominations, Josh was given the opportunity to win up to 16 nomination points to nominate as many housemates as he wished; he had to guess who each housemate would nominate and for every correct guess he would receive one point.
In Week 10's nominations, Michael was given the opportunity to select someone's nominations, cancel them out and replace them with exactly the same as his.
In Week 11, Layla was able to view the nominations tally and have full control over her use of points (whether to vote for two people over 5 points, or just one person), with advice from her father.

OK then, no-one wants to guess.

I'd like to see this one used again: In Week 9's nominations, Josh was given the opportunity to win up to 16 nomination points to nominate as many housemates as he wished; he had to guess who each housemate would nominate and for every correct guess he would receive one point.

I think they've gotten rid of the noms superpower and replaced it with the power to swap a nominee

Nup - the departing person awards a superpower to someone after they've left, I think I read.

Whatever it is, I just hope that the person who gets evicted doesn't give it to Tully.

If Jas leaves ... she very well might give it to Tully :(

I'd love Mikkayla to get it :D

If Jas leaves ... she very well might give it to Tully :(

I'd love Mikkayla to get it :D

Yeah that's what I thought too because Jas and Tully are pretty close. Hopefully she chooses someone else because Tully got it last week.

I'm thinking something similar to the void a housemates nominations.

Nup - the departing person awards a superpower to someone after they've left, I think I read.

Oh ok, that sounds interesting!

It would be cool if they could choose three people who they think might nominate them, and if any of those people did, their points wouldn't count.

Pretty sure the nominations super power is that you don't receive any nomination points.

One advantage of the evictee awarding the power rather than it going to the FNL winner is that who has the power can remain a secret - so it gives them a few more options on how to play it.

So Matt had this power x 2:
In Week 6's nominations, George was given the right to view the nominations tally board as the housemates nominated, and was also allowed to void one housemates nominations for the week.

But happily, last week, Heidi was given a brand new superpower! - Not happy it was Heidi, just hppy it was novel :)

On that theme they could have a "punishment for points" power - where the holder can wipe out the points against one HM - but that HM will be punished in some way instead.

Unless Tully goes (I don't think she will) I'm not quite sure where the Superpower would go this week. They seem to have settled on powers which involve the holder doing something midway through and at the end.

And although I'd never favour a fix, if Tim ever wins the Superpower they should absolutely let him be BB for the hour and conduct the nominations.

I couldn't see this ever happening but I'd love to see the holder of the superpower given a laptop with internet access for 10minutes or something, just so they could see the publics opinion of the housemates

I wonder if we might get some kind of supercharge power - where the superpower holder not only vacaates someone's noms (sight unseen), but can then replace them with their own times 2 - effectively giving them 15 points.

Back