• Welcome to the discussion forums. To get posting, register an account. You can also register with your Facebook or Twitter login.

posters spamming threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

up_all_night

Awesome site donor
Anyone else annoyed by people spamming threads with lots of pointless posts?

I'm not going to name names. However it's clear some poster(s) are just going out of their way to try and derail threads. By posting many pointless comments one after another.

Maybe they are confused between a forum and a chatroom. Maybe they're just a moron. However it really is annoying and I'm pretty sure that's their point. Is there any way to address this? I have mentioned it in the forum when they've done it. Message hasn't got through as they keep doing it. So clearly it's just done to ruin threads.

If everyone is fine with it, then I guess let it be. Otherwise, is there anything to be done? Or just put up with it?

M

Marty Smarty Boy

wait and see how it rolls

I'm not going to name names. However it's clear some poster(s) are just going out of their way to try and derail threads. By posting many pointless comments one after another.

Maybe they are confused between a forum and a chatroom. Maybe they're just a moron. However it really is annoying and I'm pretty sure that's their point. Is there any way to address this? I have mentioned it in the forum when they've done it. Message hasn't got through as they keep doing it. So clearly it's just done to ruin threads.

If everyone is fine with it, then I guess let it be. Otherwise, is there anything to be done? Or just put up with it?
This series of BB charcters is about studying and accepting difference.

This should be something that we can sort out ourselves, without asking for moderation, and you can help if you want to. Name names, get a discussion going, we can handle anything.

up_all_night

Awesome site donor
This series of BB charcters is about studying and accepting difference.

This should be something that we can sort out ourselves, without asking for moderation, and you can help if you want to. Name names, get a discussion going, we can handle anything.
I've mentioned it to them a few times. It's just annoying. This is more a general thread. Didn't fit anywhere else on the forum but here. Not necessarily asking mods to get involves.

M

Marty Smarty Boy

I've mentioned it to them a few times. It's just annoying. This is more a general thread. Didn't fit anywhere else on the forum but here. Not necessarily asking mods to get involves.
If this is about the inebriated Soapy fellow, he may have missed your comments. I pointed him towards some tonight and he got a little upset, but maybe that is what is needed.

pecan

Awesome site donor
Maybe they are confused between a forum and a chatroom.
I remember he got up to 40 something in a row one night in the off season (as Trig). I think what you said above is part of it, that he confuses forums and chat rooms.

Brekkie

Staff member
Please don't be afraid to report - we rely on being alerted to the threads where this sort of thing is happening as even between us there is no guarantee every mod will read every thread on the forum on a regular basis.

It may not always be obvious but in almost all cases where we're alerted to an obvious breech of our rules action will be taken.

R

Riffy

Personally I log on here at around 2am on a weekend just to see if the clown is up an about. For the most part he is just harmless fun and I for one are willing to laugh at him making a cock of himself. However, some of his comments to other posters go far beyond being cool and are well deserving of a banning. Threats, even by drunken keyboard warriors, are unacceptable.

Trala

Naughty Fairy
Multiple site donor
Awesome site donor
Personally I log on here at around 2am on a weekend just to see if the clown is up an about. For the most part he is just harmless fun and I for one are willing to laugh at him making a cock of himself. However, some of his comments to other posters go far beyond being cool and are well deserving of a banning. Threats, even by drunken keyboard warriors, are unacceptable.
It has been a learning experience for me.

I guess because I was affiliated with two warring brother/sister type forums, where the initial forum splintered into two separate forums, I didn't realise how unoriginal we all were as posters. To the point where just the other day, I spotted an unnecessarily aggressive poster, and I would have bet UpAllNights right ball it was a poster that I used to know (and Goyte is once again the background music of my mind...) and I was genuinely shocked to find it wasn't. It has really surprised me how the dynamics of a forum and the posters who post in them really remain quite similar, no matter what the foundation of the forum is. (Ha! Says me who has experienced a total of three forums and two of those three were dysfunctionally related. I am like the Queen of Generalisations, a flaw I am aware of and working on).

It appears that every forum has the drunken keyboard warrior, back then, ours was Lucifer. If memory serves, a few of his drunken midnight comments to you went far beyond cool, but it was accepted that that was just Lucifer. Some people are offensive, some are elusive, some have big mouths, some are annoying, some are funny, some are stark raving fucking mad, some are artistic, some are aggressive, some relish in being a victim, some bully and some just watch and say nothing, that is the beauty of people. You will never like/hate/understand/respect them all, and that's what keeps it interesting.

I think there is enough room for every fruity forum flavour without moderating and banning. If you don't like someone to the point they are spoiling your forum experience, hit block. If only real life had a block function, there would be no wars and farts would smell like bubblegum...

I am half expecting Riffy not to be able to see this post, because if anyone can annoy her to the point of blockage - it will be me.

Ha!

R

Riffy

LOL I can see you and it was actually a good post :D

I just think threatening others with wanky bikey threats is pretty lame.

Trala

Naughty Fairy
Multiple site donor
Awesome site donor
LOL I can see you and it was actually a good post :D

I just think threatening others with wanky bikey threats is pretty lame.
Hello!

Thanks.

See I just find the bikey comment smacks of loser tryhard and is pathetically funny.

And forums need tryhardishly pathetic people dammit!

Look forward to offending you in the trenches. Ha!

Nice to see a familiar face.

You know I hate communicating through fucking moteys, but for old times sake here is a nice smiley one ------> :)

W

wynter

You do know all of those stoner posts are not people don't you? It's one person. One person with a multiple personality disorder it seems..lol. I have no clue how many there is..here are a few just off the top of my head..Soap on a Rope, Bongo Jazz, Wave, Phil Spector,Captain Goodvibes, forpetesake, PennyLane, Bents, Beachcomber. I'm sure there are more.

As each one gets banned for a few weeks, he just goes on to the next one. I don't think he's trying to derail threads, I think he has no clue what he's doing. And no, I don't find them entertaining. They're just senseless drug fckd ramblings that got old after the first 5 minutes..and that was years ago. I guess I'll have to go and board my windows up now. The Hells Angels are sure to come looking for me tonight.

R

Riffy

Hello!

Thanks.

See I just find the bikey comment smacks of loser tryhard and is pathetically funny.

And forums need tryhardishly pathetic people dammit!

Look forward to offending you in the trenches. Ha!

Nice to see a familiar face.

You know I hate communicating through fucking moteys, but for old times sake here is a nice smiley one ------> :)
Eeek, now I feel bad for biting at you on the other site:D I am glad to see you sprinkling your fairy magic around the forums, numpho fairies are just as important as the delusional rantings of drunken tough guys and I am sure cyberland is big enough for us all. BTW, I have learnt some very important lessons on the net since we first met and one of them, besides avoiding posters with supposed friends in the Hells Angels, is about that shit that went on with us. I do wear it an take responsibility.

Trala

Naughty Fairy
Multiple site donor
Awesome site donor
BTW, I have learnt some very important lessons on the net since we first met and one of them, besides avoiding posters with supposed friends in the Hells Angels, is about that shit that went on with us. I do wear it an take responsibility.
So you should.

That was a really really nasty thing you did.

And for what gain apart from turning a private conversation into malicious gossip and hurting Nutty and Cissie's feelings?

Lucky for you, I don't give a flying fuck about any of them.

Ha!

R

Riffy

Tracey, you do need to remember that you had a conversation with someone that you said you would not pass on and yet you did. I knew about this before I even spoke to you and right on cue, you spilled the beans. What I did to you you did to someone else. Remember that. There is a lesson in this for both of us.

Tim

All seeing pink butthole floating in space.
Staff member
Administrator
Thread closed.

If you see any posts you don't like, use the report post button.

Status
Not open for further replies.