Skip to main content

Politics and Governments

Sorry @Jam, I avoid looking at anything with that head - creepy Mr Burns.

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/vide...er-protesting-against-university-fees-in-1987

Check Joe the arsehole treasurer in 1987, protesting uni fees, and claiming rights to FREE education.

And yes he has always looked like a marshmallow/blancmange
- nothing really distinctive or interesting about him.
In opposition he seemed kind of pleasant, now we know his pleasant is just a lack of character.
Abbott is a reptile, Joe is bland man. Oh and Chris Pyne is whiny little sod - is he openly gay? Met him a few times, he can have an interesting conversation, and he's not so smarmy in person - but then he wasn't lecturing me or politicking.

Worst part about the whole Joe protesting thing is him and the whole narrative that students and people still with debts are ungrateful and for a free ride. They completely understand why everyone is upset. They don't care. They're self centered Ayn Rand ideological arseholes. They got theirs, they can pay for their kids. Or get friends to give it to them for free. They don't give a shit about anyone else. They don't believe in the concept of society. Which gets to the heart of their policies. They don't believe society exists to benefit everyone as a whole. Only to allow an individual to suceed. The key flaw with this Ayn Rand ideology is that it ends up being people succeeding at the expense of others. So it becomes about keeping people down, so they can be exploited for the benefit of a few.

OMG @up_all_night - Ayn Rand did my head in, it's such a horrible attitude, such depressing books.
Well book, just the one was enough - my friend gave it to me and said read this and you will then comprehend Liberal Party ideology.

Any government that cuts education funding = idiots that must be thrown out. Clearly you end up with a dumb country.
And I also want our pollie system changed - if you want to run for office, you must either pass an IQ test to a certain standard or have completed high school, or TAFE/trade.
Or if you can demonstrate intelligence other ways, like you have a successful business.

Stop letting morons run our country.

Unbelievable as it may seem @kxk, Tony Abbott was a Rhodes Scholar. I think he just appears stupid to us because he has absolutely no respect for anyone in Australia who isn't a billionaire and doesn't even try to appear inclusive.

Unbelievable as it may seem @kxk, Tony Abbott was a Rhodes Scholar. I think he just appears stupid to us because he has absolutely no respect for anyone in Australia who isn't a billionaire and doesn't even try to appear inclusive.

Rhodes Scholar = prick it seems.
I have met a couple, some of the biggest dickheads I have ever encountered.
One - a loopy uni lecturer who resembled Harpo Marx, couldn't stop telling us about his Rhodes Scholar crap long enough to teach properly.
A drunk professor taught us more in one week than Harpo did in a whole semester.

Harpo loved to wax lyrical about the process of becoming RS - best bootlicker in Uni with reasonable marks and into sport = RS.

There must be some good RS??But I don't have much respect for that title.
And Bob Hawke & Tony aren't great representatives either.

The problem with Abbott is that he is driven by ideology and not by his intelligence. He knows that his ideology is not popular, he just believes he is entitled the lead and his ideology is entitled to be put in place. So he is always trying to do his best to get support when he can. Hence the constant lying. Saying anything in the moment to get power. It also is why he stumbles over words, has a problem answering questions or will be silent. He has to think of what to say, he can't be honest. Hence he sounds like a moron.

Reactions: kxk
...Abbott was only pausing because he'd run out of pre-ordained responses and lies... I agree with you camerashy 1... the reporter did a great job of holding it in... if I was him I would have mimicked his silent action of swaying back and forth and nodding his head to show Abbott just how ridiculous he looked at that particular moment... I would've also said... "what wrong?... can't think of an answer Tony?... as you said to those soldiers... shit happens!"...

...I can't believe that a Prime Minister would say 'shit happens' to a group of brave soldiers that have just lost one of their mates in a fire fight... the man is a maggot...it's a shameful statement... he's lucky that one didn't put a round into him...

...Abbott's attitude towards women is disgusting... as is almost anything that he says in general... seriously the man needs to just step down and walk away into oblivion before he says anything else even more embarrassing to the rest of the world let alone Australians!... how did he ever get into power?... oh that's right... lies... lies and more lies... gee how quickly I forget... cheers.

Reactions: Jam
...Abbott was only pausing because he'd run out of pre-ordained responses and lies... I agree with you camerashy 1... the reporter did a great job of holding it in... if I was him I would have mimicked his silent action of swaying back and forth to show Abbott just how ridiculous he looked at that particular moment... I would've also said... "what wrong?... can't think of an answer Tony?... as you said to those soldiers... shit happens!"...

...I can't believe that a Prime Minister would say 'shit happens' to a group of brave soldiers that have just lost one of their mates in a fire fight... the man is a maggot...it's a shameful statement... he's lucky that one didn't put a round into him...

...Abbott's attitude towards women is disgusting... as is almost anything that he says in general... seriously the man needs to just step down and walk away into oblivion before he says anything else even more embarrassing to the rest of the world let alone Australians!... how did he ever get into power?... oh that's right... lies... lies and more lies... gee how quickly I forget... cheers.

i'm not surprised he is in politics, i am surprised he is the party's spokesperson, their leader. he has no ability to think before he speaks, and he is the most undiplomatic PM ever

To be fair most of the items in that video happened before he was PM and some as far back as 2006 (the Q&A panel was 206 from memory and yes it's been that long since he's been on Q&A)

Don't take this as a defence of the idiot however. He is an embarrassment to this country and I'm ashamed as an Australian to think that we as a nation are dimwitted enough to believe he and his party's lies. Having said that though we're also dimwitted enough to believe Labor and PuP's lies too. :/

To be fair most of the items in that video happened before he was PM and some as far back as 2006 (the Q&A panel was 206 from memory and yes it's been that long since he's been on Q&A)

Don't take this as a defence of the idiot however. He is an embarrassment to this country and I'm ashamed as an Australian to think that we as a nation are dimwitted enough to believe he and his party's lies. Having said that though we're also dimwitted enough to believe Labor and PuP's lies too. :/

Yeah well that's the thing about polictics nothing is ever too far in the past to dredge up just look at the whole slush fund scandal with Gillard, that happening before she was even in politics yet we were told to believe it was the most important and pressing issue facing Australia.

Or policies of Medicare co-payments touted by Labor 25 years ago but never reaching the floor being used as a defence to the abhorrent budget presented last month :S

(this is me attacking the budget don't see it as me defending the co-payments, IMO they are a criminal idea and wealready pay for Medicare in our taxes therefore Medicare is not free nor has it ever been!)

Reactions: Jam
i'm not surprised he is in politics, i am surprised he is the party's spokesperson, their leader. he has no ability to think before he speaks, and he is the most undiplomatic PM ever
He is very socially awkward.... around normal every day people. I'm guessing when he is around people like himself he fits right in.

I think his problem is that he tries to think. He can't just answer, speak and be honest.

He gets asked a question and he has to think of what's the best answer, the best spin, what does the audience want to say. Sometimes he comes up short and can't think of the best approach to answer.

This is all over the current liberals. It's why they can't consistently explain their policies. It's why they say so many conflicting statements from one minute to the next.

I think his problem is that he tries to think. He can't just answer, speak and be honest.

hahaha, so true. i know someone else like this, can be frustrating waiting for a reply knowing they are thinking how it will best sound rather than saying exactly what they think, the silence is not golden

Back