Skip to main content

Outlast (Netflix)

up_all_night

Awesome site donor
"In the extreme Alaskan wild, 16 survivalists compete for a chance to win a massive cash prize but these lone wolves must be part of a team to win."

The 8 Episodes are all up on Netflix.

Superficially one would say this is a group competition version of Alone, but it's not Alone. It's got camera crews following people around, it's a superficial survivalist show. That said, I'm finding it quite entertaining. 6 episodes in.

I am curious about how manufactured it could be. I feel like some things are definitely massaged. No idea if provoked, but you hate some of the people. Truly loathsome actions.

The only stand-out really bad reality TV produced moment was one person sneaking around and it was edited as if it was in real-time with them hiding from another group. Which wouldn't be possible with a cameraman filming you.

Still, I'm finding it entertaining and will finish it tomorrow night. Got enough of that reality TV drama for me that I'm missing with its take.

Side note, I should probably go and actually finish The Bridge which was scratching an itch but then life got in the way. Physical 100 on Netflix was really good.

Back