Skip to main content

Out with 2013, hello 2014

Goon

Ok, so it's the last day of the year.

It's time for New Years Eve Celebrations.

It's also a reminder that you have only 26 days to visit the current BB house before the demolition guys pull it down and work begins on the 2014 house.

Yes the BB house closes on the 26th of Janurary.

Let the countdown begin to Big Brother 2014.

I wonder what exciting things Alex has looked at while at the BB convention. Oh well I guess we will have to wait till BB2014.

They are closing the house to the public earlier this year compared to last aren't they? Perhaps the series might start even earlier this year than last year.

Or maybe they are giving the house a really big makeover, perhaps they are adding another story or putting the kitchen back inside the house, I really want to see an amazing house for the 2014 series.

Or maybe they are giving the house a really big makeover, perhaps they are adding another story or putting the kitchen back inside the house, I really want to see an amazing house for the 2014 series.
Yes perhaps. I am hoping they completely revamp the house this year. I would prefer the kitchen to be moved back inside this year for a change and have a bigger backyard.

It's due for a massive revamp, it's going into its 3rd year. Needs a new layout, needs a refresh

They are closing the house to the public earlier this year compared to last aren't they? Perhaps the series might start even earlier this year than last year.

Let's hope they can schedule the season earlier so the entire season concludes prior to daylight saving starting, so the eastern states can all watch it at exactly the same time. It was even more ridiculous when Sydney's shows got delayed due to the bushfires, then *after the fires were no longer news* they kept the extended news for no apparent reason, delaying BB. It was all incredibly stupid.

Ideally, what Nine should do is have the first series of The Block then do Big Brother about late April/early May then do the second series of The Block in the place that Big Brother has occupied for the last 2 years. But that is unlikely to happen in my opinion.

Ideally, what Nine should do is have the first series of The Block then do Big Brother about late April/early May then do the second series of The Block in the place that Big Brother has occupied for the last 2 years. But that is unlikely to happen in my opinion.

So you are saying that nine will have 2 season of the block in a row? Maybe with a 2 weeks or a month gap in between them.

Remember they still have the voice, the voice kids and some dating show as well.

So you are saying that nine will have 2 season of the block in a row? Maybe with a 2 weeks or a month gap in between them.

Remember they still have the voice, the voice kids and some dating show as well.

What I was saying is that Nine aired the two series of The Block before Big Brother this year and I thought that putting BB between the first and second series next year would be better for Nine and Big Brother. That's it.

Wasn't it further pushed back by that talent show and Australia's Greatest Cupcake? Nine overcommitted itself, that was the problem.

It's due for a massive revamp, it's going into its 3rd year. Needs a new layout, needs a refresh
Yeah if the location of the pool changes than you can be sure the house has had a massive revamp haha. Whenever the pool changes the house has a pretty big revamp except for 2005-2006 when the pool location remained the same but the house changed fairly dramatically.

Yeah if the location of the pool changes than you can be sure the house has had a massive revamp haha. Whenever the pool changes the house has a pretty big revamp except for 2005-2006 when the pool location remained the same but the house changed fairly dramatically.

Technically, the location of the pool never changes - they just cover it up and put in another one elsewhere. The 2012-13 pool is the pool from 2003-04, with shallow knee-height things added to the sides.

Technically, the location of the pool never changes - they just cover it up and put in another one elsewhere. The 2012-13 pool is the pool from 2003-04, with shallow knee-height things added to the sides.
Yes but you understand what I mean.

I'm not a big fan of the current layout, the backyard seems way too small. Too much decking.
I want a more open indoor outdoor living space. Makes it a little harder to keep track of the time of day when they are in the living room...

I think they need to knock everything down, all the walls. Fill in the pool. And start fresh.
They should have a bigger budget?

It would be good if they could expand the ground dimensions and make it bigger. Cool also to have a second floor and an elevator to get them to the next floor. It could be a "trick" elevator. Sometimes they wouldn't arrive where they planned.

I'm not a big fan of the current layout, the backyard seems way too small.
OMG yes. Too much space is lost to the kitchen, the gym, the random nook where the washing machines were in 2013, and there is an entire corner (if you were walking out the house, this corner is on your left) that wasn't even used and was just wall.

I feel like the backyards from season 4/5 were so much bigger
I could be wrong.

Can we go back to that
Big large open spaces and areas

Back