Skip to main content

ok im freaked out by this !!!

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...r-bed-last-night/story-fnk8579h-1227090654429

Mark Holden’s DWTS meltdown was so bizarre, his wife slept in another bed last night

Is this the worst routine ever on DWTS?
external

FORMER singer and reality personality Mark Holden has apologised for his bizarre Dancing With the Stars performance last night, which left his wife so ashamed she slept in another bedroom.

Dressed as a frightening clown, his routine to the Madness 1982 song House of Fun was ridiculed on social media and landed him a score of just four points from the judges.

But it was the 60-year-old Holden’s erratic behaviour, ranting at the judges and inappropriate comments that had viewers wondering if he was drunk – a claim he strongly denies.

654401-c9cb43b8-5399-11e4-bb6c-6a17830799ac.jpg

How bad was I? ... Mark Holden, dressed as a clown, was not funny on DWTS. Source: Channel 7

MAJOR UPSET: Ashley Hart eliminated as Mark Holden dodges bullet

Holden appeared on the Kyle and Jackie O Show on Sydney’s Kiis FM this morning to defend himself, saying he had been “possessed by a clown”.

“My wife’s told me I ought to be deeply ashamed — she slept upstairs last night,” Holden said.

“I was possessed by a clown. I’ll never watch it back. Any offence that the clown caused, I wish to apologise for.”

Even DWTS co-host Edwina Bartholomew criticised Holden’s performance during her weather cross on Sunrise this morning, labelling it “disrespectful” and saying: “If I were Mark, I’d either pull my head in or excuse myself from the show”.

Speaking about the episode today to Sea FM Hobart’s Paul & Woody, Holden admitted producers of the Channel Seven show had tried to “shut him down” during the broadcast.

“They did take me aside. They weren’t happy. They were all trying to shut me down. I should’ve shut up,” he said.

“I’m deeply ashamed. I’m looking back at what happened the night before and I’m thinking ‘was I really part of that?’”

#DWTS what the hell is he doing?! Not funny at all #gethimoff #holden #tosser

— Narelle Brown (@nazzacon) October 14, 2014
Mark Holden what an absolute disgrace. Channel 7 don't worry about votes tonight, just boot this poor excuse for a personality? #DancingAU

— Peter Callaghan (@Call1958) October 14, 2014
As if the performance wasn’t bad enough, afterwards he walked up to host Daniel MacPherson and said in a creepy deep voice: “Do you like balloons Danny. I can get you a balloon Danny.”

He then told judge Kym Johnson: “I need to sit you down on my knee young girl and have a bloody good conversation.”

When Todd McKenney said he had sympathy for Holden’s dancing partner Jessica Prince and how she would be happy that she swaps partners next week, Holden said: “I love the idea of a swingers week.”

654373-c4223e08-5399-11e4-bb6c-6a17830799ac.jpg

Jessica Prince's look says it all ... Clown Mark Holden and his dance partner after his performance, scored a total of four by the judges, on Dancing With the Stars. Picture: Web grab Source: Channel 7

Holden lashed out at McKenney to a reporter later, also saying the show had done nothing to advance the dancing careers of the contestants.

“Todd’s got vendetta against me, he’s afraid I am going to take over his job,” Holden told AAP.

“Seriously, let’s be honest, who has Dancing with The Stars made stars of? Kerri-Anne Kennerley nail in the coffin ... Ian `Dicko’ Dickson, never heard of again on the show, may as well have left the country.”

909182-6743dffa-4e14-11e4-9e77-7409857ba1a2.jpg

Regret today ... Mark Holden told a Sydney radio station his wife slept in a different bedroom last night after his Dancing With The Stars routine. Picture: Supplied Source: Channel 7

He said Australian Idol, on which he was a judge, created stars, like Rob Mills, but Dancing With The Stars doesn’t do the same with its contestants.

He said McKenney should try being a contestant in his non-chosen field and allow himself to be judged on a reality show to experience the pain of criticism.

RATINGS: Neilsen admits mistakes in DWTS figures

“I am dead serious ... I think he needs to go on a show as a contestant, like I have done, and go from being a judge and come down here,” Holden said. “This elimination business is absolutely excruciating.”

That was so many levels of wrong. If Mark doesn't go tonight, I will not be watching till he leaves. Such a shame, love this show #DancingAU

— Sarah Doran (@sassymumi) October 14, 2014
Maybe it was painkillers?... Was Holden on painkillers? #It #DancingAU

— Matt Whittemore (@MattWhittemore) October 14, 2014
When told about Twitter being awash with comments in regards to his antics on the show, Holden brushed it off.

“I’m doing my bloody best to go out. I am trying my hardest, honest to god I am,” he said.

“I’ve played with Channel Seven enough and I think they’ve had enough of me.”

Dozens of viewers asked if he was drunk, many said he should just leave while others praised the professionalism of MacPherson in the way he handled the situation.

908713-482ce328-53eb-11e4-9218-e84af2eb3da1.jpg

Cringe-worthy ... Mark Holden has distanced himself from his bizarre performance on Dancing With The Stars. Picture: Supplied Source: Supplied

On radio this morning, Holden denied he had been drinking and said “I never work drunk”.

But he had to be ushered off stage by host Daniel MacPherson when he appeared to ramble about Essendon coach James Hird’s wife Tanya.

"@edwina_b: Things just got a little weeeeeeiiiirrrrddd #dancingau pic.twitter.com/GOKqKsfmIt" That's my mother in law!

— PKSFA (@nicacquarola) October 14, 2014
Who the hell is voting for Mark Holden?!?!? How can he score 4 and still be there!! @DancingAU #DancingAU #how

— Kristen (@kriiken) October 14, 2014
April Rose Pengilly, the 26-year-old daughter of former INXS band member Kirk Pengilly, was the shock elimination. Her dance with Aric Yegudkin had been favourably scored by the judges.

Kyly Clarke, the wife of Australian cricket captain Michael Clarke, had to pull out of the competition when she pulled a hamstring in rehearsals. It was decided Tuesday despite Clarke pulling out, to carry out a third elimination.

The performance of the night belonged to former swimming star Eamon Sullivan and his partner, Ash-Leigh Hunter.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...holdens-meltdown/story-fn8yvfst-1227092178419
April Rose Pengilly hoping to get a call from DWTS today after Mark Holden’s meltdown

• 8 minutes ago October 16, 2014 9:48AM
Is this the worst routine ever on DWTS?
external

APRIL Rose Pengilly would happily take Mark Holden’s spot on Dancing with the Stars after she was booted off the show the night of his bizarre clown-themed meltdown.

Holden offered to give up his spot in the competition, and Pengilly is hoping to make a return.

The 26-year-old actress and former model was booted from the competition despite faring much better than Holden in the judge’s scoring.

She is crossing her fingers for a call-back from producers today.

NOT JOKING NOW: Mark Holden offers to swap with April Rose Pengilly on DWTS

NOT IMPRESSED: Holden’s DWTS meltdown was so bizarre, his wife slept in another bed

178850-988ac800-54b1-11e4-b50f-96f6ad28209c.jpg

Voted out...April Rose Pengilly who was eliminated from the competition along with dance partner Aric Yegudkin. Picture: Julie Kiriacoudis Source: News Corp Australia

Holden admits that he feels sorry for Pengilly and would like to make amends.

“If I could swap with April Rose I would — and if they’ll let me do that I’ll be happy to do it,” he said yesterday.

“I’m saying that I would fall on my sword if it meant that April Rose got back in.”

Pengilly told Fairfax Media she is hoping to get a phone call today telling her of the good news, though it would be an unprecedented move for the program.

“That would be an absolute dream come true. I would be forever in his debt,” she said.

“I think they’ve been in meetings today but don’t know if it’s possible with the voting. Though it would be life changing.”

#MarkHolden should stand down and let #AprilRosePengilly take his spot on @DancingAU

— Kim Napier (@napes1073) October 15, 2014
@nora1710 Oh man, poor Mark. And still April Rose Pengilly was voted off? How did that happen?!

— Sixth Form Poet (@sixthformpoet) October 15, 2014
I am absolutely devastated that @aric_yegudkin and I were eliminated from @dancingau tonight, but I am… http://t.co/8l6lPCKB7B

— April Rose Pengilly (@AprilRPengilly) October 14, 2014
Pengilly said she and other contestants were scratching their heads to work out what viewers wanted, since the eliminations so far have claimed the scalps of some of the expected favourites.

Many viewers have expressed on social media they felt it unfair Pengilly and her dancing partner Aric Yegudkin were eliminated, with the judge’s score of 29 out of 40, compared to Holden and Price’s 4.

“He’s obviously got a good fan base,” said Pengilly, but added that she didn’t think his performance was a sign he didn’t take the competition seriously.

Of his disastrous performance Holden said it was out of his control.

“I was entirely in character. It inhabited me and then the clown just erupted and I couldn’t control it.”

On Monday Holden was the favourite to be the second dancer voted off the show, according to sportsbet.com.au, priced at $2.10 to fall out of the competition

I just watched The Flash. On shows like that stuff happens but normal people don't believe it. 'There was a red man in the lightning....'

I choose to believe that Mark Holden was possessed by a clown, and that this is only the beginning.

Two views...

either he got far too much into character and as usual the press and Twiterrati can't tell fact from fiction

or

it was evidence that he does have some mental health issues, in which case the coverage of it all is pretty disgusting.

i still and always will admire mark holden for all his work he has done recently with the charity Blue September. He is about the biggest name they have gotten to be an ambassador and he puts in a LOT of work to try to raise funds for them. he is at every meeting in melbourne with all the people that sign up and campaigns for the charity every year. everyone makes mistakes, his caused no harm. doesnt cancel out all the good he does in my mind although the dancing was cringeworthy haha

Back