Skip to main content

Nominations chamber yet again not sound proof

I think they may be doing the ocean noises too, I feel like I heard a lot of air/loud noise while the housemates were nominating in the chamber.

Mikkayla looked like she could see everyones nominations. She was staring at them trying to lipread. Let's just bring nominations back to the diary room and not waste space with "The Chamber"... it adds nothing for me.

The chamber is used to get housemates out of the house, so things can be maintained or fixed or replaced if they need to be. The door locks and housemates in the chamber room while this is being done.

I don't think the housemates' reactions when someone is nominating them is really proof that it isn't soundproof.
If it's not even live then the BB crew would sift through the footage and piece it all together - I doubt it's shown to us as a true reflection of real time.

Let's just bring nominations back to the diary room and not waste space with "The Chamber"... it adds nothing for me.

I agree... The Chamber adds nothing to the show other than a supposed "cool"/visually appealing place for the HM's to nominate... I find it odd that will all the drama surrounding the chamber last year that they've really done nothing to address any of the problems people have had with it...

It may not be the case with every nomination but you can tell that HM's are picking up on clues... If this wasn't the case HM's wouldn't feel the need to cover their mouths whist saying a HM's name... And if this is the case I have no idea why BB still insists that HM's cannot openly discuss nominations... Nominations clearly aren't private anymore...

As for [MENTION=99]Goon[/MENTION]... I understand what they are trying to achieve however the problem most of us have is the execution of it all... Just like the rest of the show it's all very sloppy and the way they keep insisting it's fool proof just goes to show the disregard the producers still have for the fans...

I love that Tim almost yells his out. He really doesn't care. I'm loving his noms. Sound proof or not, I reckon he'd do it in front of them with the door open lol

All I have to say, is when Heidi doubted that it was soundproof, the 'test' was not a good one. BIG BROTHER's voice obviously can be limited to a small area. And sure, maybe it was only in the chamber, but I wouldn't test it with a studio- controlled voice. They should have had Heidi say something instead.

SO much for them saying they were doing things different. Should of just done the Nominations in the Diary Room 1 by 1. save the cost of money and could of used the money for making a bigger bedroom so they would have Rohan, Katie & Lucy in their own bedroom. and then they wouldn't of needed that room.

- its sound proof. it has to be. would have been tested 100,000,000+ times before HMs were in there, especially after last year (ok maybe not exactly that many, but you get my point) and its clearly been revamped from last year.

- its quicker, having them closer to the nom area rather than walking times between diary room (i know edited this year, but maybe not the original plan and would have worked great last year).

- makes HMs feel less comfortable, messes with them a little more, especially being able to see them.

- HMs cant see cameras and wouldnt be able to tell whos zooming in on who at all (by sound? sorry, but thats just ludicrous)

- if you think theyre reacting to their name, theyre not. our brain is linking the two, it likes doing things like that, autopilot. and what, you expect them to all sit perfectly still the entire time?

- HWH built for 6: only one of them put in HWH OR its technically deemed suitable for 7, but for sake of rules its set at 6 to accommodate K+L.

is that all?

Back