Skip to main content

Nikki Grahame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted for information

Nikki has suffered with anorexia for much of her life and sadly it's taken a turn for the worse lately, with her friends and the BBUK family (and BBCAN too) trying to raise funds for private treatment. (The pics in the fundraising link are quite distressing)
I’m shocked that it’s taken this long for her to finally accept help. I’ve been saying for some time that she’s been unwell and looking dangerously thin.

I’m shocked that it’s taken this long for her to finally accept help. I’ve been saying for some time that she’s been unwell and looking dangerously thin.
Really is not for us to comment but it's the nature of such things to fail to recognise you need help initially. We also don't know what she's been going through the last year - this fundraiser isn't the first step to help, it seems to be the last. She may have been having some level of assistance throughout which has just not helped, or been seriously derailed by lockdowns. Sadly I suspect there are many stories like that from over the last year.

In other similarly tragic news today Sarah Harding of Girls Aloud, who I just remembered featured on a C5 series of Celebrity Big Brother (and won it appears) has said her cancer doctors have told her it is unlikely she'll see another Christmas.

Really is not for us to comment but it's the nature of such things to fail to recognise you need help initially. We also don't know what she's been going through the last year - this fundraiser isn't the first step to help, it seems to be the last. She may have been having some level of assistance throughout which has just not helped, or been seriously derailed by lockdowns. Sadly I suspect there are many stories like that from over the last year.

In other similarly tragic news today Sarah Harding of Girls Aloud, who I just remembered featured on a C5 series of Celebrity Big Brother (and won it appears) has said her cancer doctors have told her it is unlikely she'll see another Christmas.
That’s very true. Just to clarify any of my comments have come from a good place and were not intended as criticism. I generally have been concerned about her well-being.

OMG there's nothing left of her. Poor hon, I hope they can help her. How awful.

I can't believe those pictures are of Nikki ,I hope that this new clinic can help her on the road to recovery.

God, I find these articles impossible to read with them putting a link to another piece of content or ad in between virtually every paragraph. And then the story just ends without any real conclusion.

God, I find these articles impossible to read with them putting a link to another piece of content or ad in between virtually every paragraph. And then the story just ends without any real conclusion.
basically she struggled when lockdown started,her mom wanted her to stay with her but she wouldnt.She needs to exercise otherwise she wont eat and all the gyms were closed because of lockdown.She's at the fancy clinic now receiving help

basically she struggled when lockdown started,her mom wanted her to stay with her but she wouldnt.She needs to exercise otherwise she wont eat and all the gyms were closed because of lockdown.She's at the fancy clinic now receiving help
Lockdown seems to have been the pinnacle but my understanding is she’s been struggling since she left BBCAN.

She has been struggling all her life. Just like with alcoholism I think annorexia is something you always live with rather than overcome.

She has been struggling all her life. Just like with alcoholism I think annorexia is something you always live with rather than overcome.
I agree. That said your ability to cope and manage something like this can go up and down... The struggle isn’t always the same even if it is the same struggle.

Wow this is truly devastating. She is my favourite of the BBUK housemates and one of my favourite reality television contestants world wide. I could always relate to her when I was younger and much thinner and smaller than everyone else. I hope she eventually finds the help she needs and has an easy road to recovery regardless of how likely that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back