Skip to main content

Newbie Thread

Molloch! Did you get your alert to the foursome thread ?

Hi, I've been lurking since the days of the first podcasts but have never joined until this week. So thanks to all those that have entertained me for years and that are still around and to those other newbies like me, 'hi'!

I remember @DramaQueen I think it was. She had a blog that I use to read. Anyone know her whereabouts these days

Hi, I've been lurking since the days of the first podcasts but have never joined until this week. So thanks to all those that have entertained me for years and that are still around and to those other newbies like me, 'hi'!

I remember @DramaQueen I think it was. She had a blog that I use to read. Anyone know her whereabouts these days
DQ apparently was a MALE.

Oh my gosh, yes! That little trendsetter was cat fishing people way before cat fishing became something other than trying to catch a disgusting oily fish!

Fark. I still remember her/his last blog post. The song from The Breakfast Club which I can't recall. Simple Minds sing it.

Blog was called Drama Queen, I think.

Wow this is the first I've heard of this. Could this be why DQ decided to delete her account all of a sudden back then? I fell for the excuse that her supposed serious BF at the time had a problem with her airing personal details to randoms on the web for cheap laughs and wanted to move on.

Who was it that uncovered this little subterfuge? Was it someone from this board? I read 'her' blog for the shits and giggles (some of 'her' personal anecdotes were quite funny, I'll admit) but never gave it much thought whether she was genuine or not. Never crossed my mind that somebody would go to all the trouble to lie about this, she/he probably got off from having a following I suppose. *shrugs*

'She' did accumulate some haters though and perhaps one of those were the ones responsible for uncovering the charade. lol

Last edited:
Hi all! I had an account here last year for the last season, but it appears to have been removed (I did a lot of lurking I suppose). So I'm joining again for this year!

Oh my gosh, yes! That little trendsetter was cat fishing people way before cat fishing became something other than trying to catch a disgusting oily fish!

Far out. I never knew!

Couldn't ever...

As for DQ or Steph or whoever he or she was, the blog was called "much ado about something" and it was funny even if it was fake.

I don't know what went on behind the scenes but this post provided a limited insight into all that ancient history -

http://whineguide.blogspot.com.au/2010/08/gosh-its-been-great-having-worlds.html

This has brought back so many memories from that period. Reading The Whine Guide and coming across blogger 'Memphis Steve' took me right back. It seems that he has moved on to google+
https://plus.google.com/110536540578610419878/posts
He was a prolific poster on 'Steph's blog. I remember months after she last posted he continuously returned leaving messages saying "how much he missed her" and that he "was crying at the loss" OMFG.

Wow this is the first I've heard of this. Could this be why DQ decided to delete her account all of a sudden back then? I fell for the excuse that her supposed serious BF at the time had a problem with her airing personal details to randoms on the web for cheap laughs and wanted to move on.

Who was it that uncovered this little subterfuge? Was it someone from this board? I read 'her' blog for the shits and giggles (some of 'her' personal anecdotes were quite funny, I'll admit) but never gave it much thought whether she was genuine or not. Never crossed my mind that somebody would go to all the trouble to lie about this, she/he probably got off from having a following I suppose. *shrugs*

'She' did accumulate some haters though and perhaps one of those were the ones responsible for uncovering the charade. lol

I recall that exact reason I highlighted. Too funny.

Back