Skip to main content

New Quiz Show (The Chase Australia)

Eggheads is a dreadful show. So smug and up themselves, most of them as well as the hosts. Very patronising and condescending to the challengers. CJ in particular and Chris is a sore loser.

Eggheads is a dreadful show. So smug and up themselves, most of them as well as the hosts. Very patronising and condescending to the challengers. CJ in particular and Chris is a sore loser.

The smugness is what makes it for me. Although Countdown is still my most favouritest of favourite game shows.

I agree the hosts of Eggheads are smug bastards and most are sore losers. I just love the concept of the show and love quiz shows in general.

I overdose on Eggheads everytime I go home - my mum will have lots of eps saved to catch up viewing and has a marathon ... I usually end up retiring to another room to get away from it ...

I agree the hosts of Eggheads are smug bastards and most are sore losers. I just love the concept of the show and love quiz shows in general.
The concept is excellent. The crowded together shoulder to shoulder cracks me up though. Very simple set. Mum and I watch it on and off. A little goes a long way. QI on the other hand...

Last edited:
I like Eggheads, the main drawback for me is there's a lot of stuff you'd only ever know if you were from the UK.

I think they behave very generously to some frankly awful teams. I certainly don't mind the fact they play to win and like to show off. Makes it special when a team does manage to beat them.

It is definitely The Chase!

1) The music bed in the audition promo vid is from The Chase; and

2) Through third-hand info through someone who knows someone at contestant auditions, correspondence says it is The Chase.

The question is, will this be airing early evening 5 days a week to replace Deal or No Deal (they've stopped taping new episodes a long while ago and air repeats) or will CH7 put it into primetime.

It is definitely The Chase!

1) The music bed in the audition promo vid is from The Chase; and

2) Through third-hand info through someone who knows someone at contestant auditions, correspondence says it is The Chase.

The question is, will this be airing early evening 5 days a week to replace Deal or No Deal (they've stopped taping new episodes a long while ago and air repeats) or will CH7 put it into primetime.
Omg fantastic news the show will be "The Chase". I so can't wait for this and thank god no more "Deal or No Deal" . Thanks @marquisite for the heads up on this.:thumbsup:

Deal or no Deal is the crappiest game show going on telly. I hate the concept of it and Andrew O'Keefe and his sleazy laugh make me want to vomit.

Omg fantastic news the show will be "The Chase". I so can't wait for this and thank god no more "Deal or No Deal" . Thanks @marquisite for the heads up on this.:thumbsup:

Deal or no Deal is the crappiest game show going on telly. I hate the concept of it and Andrew O'Keefe and his sleazy laugh make me want to vomit.
I wonder who will be in the cast. Yes, Deal or No deal is dreadful.

I wonder who will be in the cast. Yes, Deal or No deal is dreadful.
Most likely ex-contestants on such shows as "Sale of the century", "The weakest link", "Who wants to be a millionaire?" or even "Million dollar minute" who earned the top dollar prize.

Cornelia Frances can be the host :D

Omg I hope it's "The Chase", too. I love that show and love The Governess.

I'm also a fan of Eggheads, so it would be awesome if it is this show too.
If it's Eggheads, it had better not be so smug as the UK one.

Back