Skip to main content

New Director for Live Shows

Goon

As I have said before every year BB continues to grow and this year is the same.

This Years BB will have a New Director for the Live Shows. Why do I make this a point, cause they are employing 1 person to be responsible for only the live shows. Previous years they have used the same directors for live or non love shows.

What does that mean, well for us BIg Brother enthusiasts, expect a New Look and A New Feel to all the Live Shows.

Maybe some of you will get your requests from previous years.

That is all.

"Request from previous years" Hmmm A couch? Prizes? Costume competitions? There are so many things from the live shows that were dropped once Nine got their hands on BB. Any of them returning would be welcome.
So if there is a new director for the live shows I am going to assume that Mondays will still be evictions because what would be the point on having only an hour long show on the Sunday if the producers went to the trouble on hiring a new director.
I would love for the nominations show to have interviews with the previously evicted HMs.

Unless they separate the daily shows from Eviction/Nominations live shows, it won't really change anything for the better. It will still be too much crammed into a timeslot that simply isn't big enough - leaving a dirty taste in the mouths of the "Big Brother enthusiasts" who remember how much better the Eviction/Nominations shows were during the TEN-era because they had more time to play with.

I really have no idea what is actually involved in producing a show let alone what a director does for a live show so peeps in the know am I delusional for thinking this might mean Sunday evictions could be returning?

Unless they separate the daily shows from Eviction/Nominations live shows, it won't really change anything for the better.

I wonder now with the alleged dedicated live shows director (and maybe other crew members?) whether the existing 'all-rounder' director would now "hand over" to the live show director - effectively meaning two seperate shows again. (who I would assume should now be able to dedicate all their resources to the daily shows).

Ok Ok! Well I can dream, can't I? :p BB does work better with the separated shows, though. I mean, could you imagine the FNL crew narrating the Friday daily shows properly during the Channel Ten era? I couldn't!

This could be awesome... Or it could be meh. The new director would need to have a fresh vision for any change. It may just be to relieve pressure off the daily show director, it may not actually mean real and good change. One can only hope.

"Request from previous years" Hmmm A couch? Prizes? Costume competitions? There are so many things from the live shows that were dropped once Nine got their hands on BB. Any of them returning would be welcome.
So if there is a new director for the live shows I am going to assume that Mondays will still be evictions because what would be the point on having only an hour long show on the Sunday if the producers went to the trouble on hiring a new director.
I would love for the nominations show to have interviews with the previously evicted HMs.

JUST SAY NO TO POINTLESS FILLER! Prizes are pointless unless HM's have actually earned them... How the fuck can a couch ruin a live show??? Costume Competitions??? If they are going to talk to the audience why not make it something a little more worth while???

I wonder now with the alleged dedicated live shows director (and maybe other crew members?) whether the existing 'all-rounder' director would now "hand over" to the live show director - effectively meaning two seperate shows again. (who I would assume should now be able to dedicate all their resources to the daily shows).

Ok Ok! Well I can dream, can't I? :p BB does work better with the separated shows, though. I mean, could you imagine the FNL crew narrating the Friday daily shows properly during the Channel Ten era? I couldn't!

One inserts the regular narrative highlights packages and the other dictates the time allotment for said highlights... Essentially the live shows have always been considered separate from your typical daily show...

The lack of a couch may seem insignificant to some but I agree totally with @Inigo Montoya that it would be a welcome return.

For me, the eviction interviews have been super awkward when standing, on stools or even on the high backed chairs. A couch fills the stage and creates a warmer presence IMHO.

I don't necessarily think that the HMs DESERVE prizes, but I gotta say the prizes and costume competitions and reuniting evicted HMs with loved ones certainly helped to make the shows feel more like event television. Whether it's those things returning or new ideas - I would just REALLY love for the evictions to be more of a spectacle than what they have become on Nine.

JUST SAY NO TO POINTLESS FILLER! Prizes are pointless unless HM's have actually earned them... How the fuck can a couch ruin a live show??? Costume Competitions??? If they are going to talk to the audience why not make it something a little more worth while???
I was just trying to remember some of the things that had been lost from the eviction show since Nine took over BB. Relax dude.

All it takes is some longer shots of the audience cheering (with the crane zooming and panning over the crowd) to make it more like event television. I miss the lights being part of the show too! and the signs! This new director's gotten my hopes up! do we know who it is? goon?

With our luck the new director is probably the same bastard who stretched out the Block finale with a whole week of filler.
The Block will always have a filler week - a week-long renovation of some sort. It gives them a two week window to let serious bidders have private walk-throughs of the houses/apartments, as they don't let them happen prior to the "Open for Inspection" which only takes place a week before filler week starts to air.

The one year they didn't let private walk-throughs happen is the year they only sold one house during the finale. So that's why that happens.

Back