Skip to main content

Music Performances at Evictions

Brekkie

Staff member
Just watching some early BB1/2 episodes I didn't realise they use to end eviction shows with music performances. When did this stop?

And god, she may be leagues above Sonia but Gretel was a painful watch at times in the early episodes.

Yeah the one with Joanne Accom singing ‘So Damn Fine’ with her two over enthusiastic back up dancers whilst the evictee awkwardly grooves off to the side with their friend onstage is hilarious.

Back when BB Evictions was part variety light entertainment show with musical guests. Lol.

do you know why? early BBAU cost-cutting?
If I had to guess, the performances weren't that fun to watch at home from your couch (would've been different being in the auditorium) as they were filmed quite poorly and didn't sound that great so it probably led to people switching over to another channel or turning the TV off, rather than sticking around to watch whatever was on Ten after the eviction.

If I had to guess, the performances weren't that fun to watch at home from your couch (would've been different being in the auditorium) as they were filmed quite poorly and didn't sound that great so it probably led to people switching over to another channel or turning the TV off, rather than sticking around to watch whatever was on Ten after the eviction.
hmm, is this why commercial television stations have always been reluctant to broadcast music concerts in general?

I'd say maybe they just shifted over to shows like Rove [Live] at the time that would have random musical guests do outros and stuff and that was more their bag, and let Big Brother be more just Big Brother centric and not part-variety/general pop culture interest program on the side that things like that Saturday slot in the first year might've veered into a little bit as well perhaps.

I'd say maybe they just shifted over to shows like Rove [Live] at the time that would have random musical guests do outros and stuff and that was more their bag, and let Big Brother be more just Big Brother centric and not part-variety/general pop culture interest program on the side that things like that Saturday slot in the first year might've veered into a little bit as well perhaps.
Apparantley Big Brother Saturday, a spin-off show to discuss BB related media articles, etc was axed after the end of the first season, anyone know why?

Apparantley Big Brother Saturday, a spin-off show to discuss BB related media articles, etc was axed after the end of the first season, anyone know why?
10 got the rights to the AFL on Saturday nights in 2002 so there wasn't any room to continue Big Brother Saturday.

Back