Skip to main content

Misdirected hate

kiwirick22

ok boys and girls,
Here's a little rant thread, about the season overall and coverage from not only this site but social media in general.

Everyone seems to be blaming channel 9 for the current state of the show, which is kind of correct, but really 9 are trying to save this sinking ship. They have very little impact or say on the editing of the daily show, or the overall plan for the show. They provide feedback to the producers, and request changes. But to blame them for what's happening isn't fair on them, they are working the best with what they get.

The team that are working on the show at dream world, are the ones to be held accountable for.
The casting this year has been spot on perfect, in fact the casting has been perfect the last two years.
The biggest issue, is coverage! Now don't say its the networks fault, as they pay for a set amount of hours each week, the production team are the ones who have limited coverage, by stopping the live feeds on the site and Twitter. They network has no say on the website or social media accounts.
Another issue, is that the show has become more of a stunt show, the housemates spend more time waiting for the next event or twist, rather then living a normal daily life.
Another thing related to twists, they need to follow though with the twists, the pairs twist should of lasted at least 3/4 weeks. The no food, didn't last. They need to stand by their word.
If the show is to return next year, it needs to be a striped back, go back to the core of the show, 14 strangers living in a house, no contact, no twists, just weekly tasks.

Channel 9, while having been chnaging the timeslots and dropping days. Are at the end of the day trying to find a slot that will bring in viewers and make back money.

Feel free to shot this down, cut it up. Add your bit.
It's just my views and feelings towards this show and season

You have this whole thing backwards.... The producers have no control on whether or not there are live updates, that is channel Nine's responsibility and you know what they fucking cut the live updates.

I blame 70% channel Nine and 30% the producers, but some BB is better than no BB..... I might as well enjoy this show while it lasts.

You have this whole thing backwards.... The producers have no control on whether or not there are live updates, that is channel Nine's responsibility and you know what they fucking cut the live updates.

I blame 70% channel Nine and 30% the producers, but some BB is better than no BB..... I might as well enjoy this show while it lasts.

Exactly.
NETWORK. It's all NETWORK.

^^^Yes at this.

Never seen such an ill informed opening post to a thread that is almost 100% incorrect. Maybe the title is ironic and referring to yourself rather than the BB community.

To pick up the point about the website and social media it is no secret at all that this year Channel 9 have taken direct control of this and screwed it up. We also know that Channel 9 have more of an interest in the shows airing on certain days of the week - and basically give the producers free reign on the other days. Take a guess at which episodes have week in, week out, been better received here.

ok boys and girls,
Here's a little rant thread, about the season overall and coverage from not only this site but social media in general.

Everyone seems to be blaming channel 9 for the current state of the show, which is kind of correct, but really 9 are trying to save this sinking ship. They have very little impact or say on the editing of the daily show, or the overall plan for the show. They provide feedback to the producers, and request changes. But to blame them for what's happening isn't fair on them, they are working the best with what they get.

The team that are working on the show at dream world, are the ones to be held accountable for.
The casting this year has been spot on perfect, in fact the casting has been perfect the last two years.
The biggest issue, is coverage! Now don't say its the networks fault, as they pay for a set amount of hours each week, the production team are the ones who have limited coverage, by stopping the live feeds on the site and Twitter. They network has no say on the website or social media accounts.
Another issue, is that the show has become more of a stunt show, the housemates spend more time waiting for the next event or twist, rather then living a normal daily life.
Another thing related to twists, they need to follow though with the twists, the pairs twist should of lasted at least 3/4 weeks. The no food, didn't last. They need to stand by their word.
If the show is to return next year, it needs to be a striped back, go back to the core of the show, 14 strangers living in a house, no contact, no twists, just weekly tasks.

Channel 9, while having been chnaging the timeslots and dropping days. Are at the end of the day trying to find a slot that will bring in viewers and make back money.

Feel free to shot this down, cut it up. Add your bit.
It's just my views and feelings towards this show and season

So... do you enjoy working at Channel 9?

It has just occurred to me that even though the show is only screening four nights a week, because the episodes are longer we're still getting the same number of minutes of television that we'd get if it were normally screening every day.

Next week the show durations are like this:

Monday: 90 minutes
Tuesday: 120 minutes
Wednesday: 90 minutes
Thursday: 70 minutes

That's a total of 370 minutes. If BB were screening six days a week, that would average just over 60 minutes per day. I'd guess the producers are obliged to provide at least 360 minutes of BB a week, but there's no stipulation that it has to be shown every day.

The problem is we're missing out on a huge chunk of house action. Right now the voting lines are open, but viewers are essentially basing their votes on what happened almost week ago. What happens this weekend will be a mystery until Monday night - by which time voting will almost be over.

While the epic 90 minutes episodes are really fun to watch, I'd happily give that up for a return to actual daily shows.

While the epic 90 minutes episodes are really fun to watch, I'd happily give that up for a return to actual daily shows.

Yep the 90 minute and the 2 hour shows can be really boring in the last half n hour. It goes on WAY too long. I would prefer a 30/60 minute daily show on Sunday and Friday instead of 90/120 minutes shows throughout the week.

We miss out on way too much with no Friday and Sunday show. And putting four days of "weekend" footage into a 90 minute show is too much. They need to meet in the middle. Would be better if they spread it out with 1 day's footage per 1 show daily.

Just look at the scheduling.

Now that Block is gone, who gets the prime 7.30 slot? Big Bang Theory.

All Channel 9 here. Well, mostly.

BBT is on both Nine AND Go - new episodes on one, repeats on the other.

Yep the 90 minute and the 2 hour shows can be really boring in the last half n hour. It goes on WAY too long. I would prefer a 30/60 minute daily show on Sunday and Friday instead of 90/120 minutes shows throughout the week.

I agree. They could easily have shorter shows if they cut out all the unnecessary shit - which this year is basically 1/2 of each episode. And the public aren't interested in sitting through what seems like a whole episode focused around stuff like the HOH fucking up the shopping pretty much every time they've had a luxury food budget this season.

We miss out on way too much with no Friday and Sunday show. And putting four days of "weekend" footage into a 90 minute show is too much. They need to meet in the middle. Would be better if they spread it out with 1 day's footage per 1 show daily.

What's the point in having nominations and then a 4 day blackout? How do they expect people to vote? It's fucking stupid.

Channel 9 hires the producers. Creative team. Marketing department. The whole lot.

For you to think channel 9 hires these people and then let's them create a show without any input from the top then you are mistaken.

Channel 9 heads will see the shows before they go to air etc. They would have been in full knowledge of the setup of the show as in teams at the start, prize money as an incentive etc...

I sometimes give Alex & Co a hard time but in all honesty, the state of this years show is wholly and solely down to Channel 9's schizophrenic scheduling and their fear of letting BB be what it should actually be.

They don't understand the show. They produce and market it like its the Block without the building when really the two shows could not be more different.

I have always said that Big Brother is a show about relationships. It's the naturally occurring relationships built inside the house AND the footage we see of that which enables us to develop our own "relationship" with those characters. This series has made it next to impossible to understand the house relationships and the lack of footage has meant we can't form connections with the housemates. Channel 9 is completely responsible for that.

Also let's acknowledge that a lot of the people at Endemol worked on the show when in was on Ten, including Leon and Alex. They're not entirely blameless, but it's this joke of a network that's focused on turning an adult-oriented show into a titillating mess for tweens.

BBT is on both Nine AND Go - new episodes on one, repeats on the other.

What are you talking about? There were 2 repeats of Big Bang on Nine just LAST NIGHT, and there were several other repeats played earlier this week.

Exactly - or if they are only showing it 4 times a week spread the episodes out a bit. I can kind of understand Nine dropping the Friday show as it's only 30 minutes and not a night they care about, but dropping Sunday seems stupid - especially with Seven launching the Big Adventure. The best way for them to have competed with that would surely be with Big Brother (not a programme about an Embassy).

Sunday to Thursday with an hour each day, plus an extra 30 minutes for nomination and eviction episodes.

Back